Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Two Hands FFS

Can anyone tell us when watson has performed well for the county in a big game? His whole career has been dogged by bust ups/walk outs/ill discipline

NAG1

Never, never and never!

He scored a big score against Dunloy in a county final years ago now and is still living off the back of it, dont forget he ended up on the losing team that day and has hardly done a tap since.

If Dinny couldnt keep him inline with his cotton wool and laid back approach then no one could. Maybe throwing his shoulder firmly behind the loughgiel cause now with all the big men involved behind the scenes there now  ;)

Minder

When is the last time anyone performed for the county in a "big game" ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

wino

Quote from: NAG1 on May 21, 2010, 02:28:30 PM
Never, never and never!

He scored a big score against Dunloy in a county final years ago now and is still living off the back of it, dont forget he ended up on the losing team that day and has hardly done a tap since.

If Dinny couldnt keep him inline with his cotton wool and laid back approach then no one could. Maybe throwing his shoulder firmly behind the loughgiel cause now with all the big men involved behind the scenes there now  ;)

NAG1  - what a life you live, constantly making snide remarks about other clubs.  What is your problem?  you are certainly a larger than life character with not a lot going on between those BIG rosy cheeks. 
your statement 'never, never, never' means that not only do you sound like the big man, you also act and look like him.  and funny enough you retired around the same time as him.

go and catch yourself on.

imtommygunn

Good man Liam. You train and play all year and then one week before the championship you walk out.

What was the point in this guy wasting his own and everyone elses time if this is what he was going to do?

Again.

the colonel

Heard he was stag do this weekend and no reason why he's dropped out. Why did he go to the players rep as well. Why didn't he go direct to the management team?
the difference between success and failure is energy

Onthehill

Lets weigh this up......

Going on a stag do     or     playing hurling for your county in a Leinster Championship(2nd biggest stage for a hurler)

:o I know what I would pick.

Waste of forum time this boy.

gelvis

Quote from: the colonel on May 22, 2010, 12:10:50 AM
Heard he was stag do this weekend and no reason why he's dropped out. Why did he go to the players rep as well. Why didn't he go direct to the management team?

I heard that he was at the training in Randalstown on Thursday night, had a bit of a bust up with Colm McBride during the in house match and the pair of them were sent off.   ::)
"If you worried about falling off the bike, you'd never get on"

Minder

Quote from: gelvis on May 22, 2010, 11:48:48 AM

I heard that he was at the training in Randalstown on Thursday night, had a bit of a bust up with Colm McBride during the in house match and the pair of them were sent off.   ::)
Aye he stuck the head in Colm McBride and there was a melée, allied to that I heard Dick O'Kane and Gareth Magee were close to boxing too. I love to see that passion.

Glensman

Quote from: Minder on May 22, 2010, 01:17:34 PM
Quote from: gelvis on May 22, 2010, 11:48:48 AM

Aye he stuck the head in Colm McBride and there was a melée, allied to that I heard Dick O'Kane and Gareth Magee were close to boxing too. I love to see that passion.

Comedy. How does a melee work at country training? If you're on the opposing team in an in house match from your club mate and marking him do you turn round and whack him?!
Might see if I can find out the schedule for training next week and pop along...

Kilkenny's hard-hitting training sessions have now become the stuff of legend...but its kept in house.
Both Fergal Doc and Skinner Bradley lined out after a bit of a scuffle last week.
But we've lost our most talented hurler possibly because of a training spat.
Says something about us...but then again if he did 'put the head in him' (with helmets on I assume?).
We never fail to disappoint.

I have a new approach to my supporting of Antrim. Complete and utter sheer unadulterated pessimism.
If we do anything, absolutely anything, I'll have a good summer. A goal in the match against Offaly and it'll be the summer of my life.

the colonel

Watson has this tag of being our most talented hurler which hasn't been proven at any level. Give me mcmanus, graffin, shane and shorty any day.

Minder

Quote from: the colonel on May 22, 2010, 10:10:53 PM
Watson has this tag of being our most talented hurler which hasn't been proven at any level. Give me mcmanus, graffin, shane and shorty any day.

Colonel, Winker is a lot of things but he is also twice the player Shane McNaughton is. Not sure why you mentioned Graffin as he is a back.......

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Minder on May 23, 2010, 12:47:53 AM
Quote from: the colonel on May 22, 2010, 10:10:53 PM

Colonel, Winker is a lot of things but he is also twice the player Shane McNaughton is. Not sure why you mentioned Graffin as he is a back.......
He means any Cushendall player on the county team. Shorty takes the bad look off it. Just.

If Watson doesn't want to know then this should be the end of the experiment with him. Good player but the wrong temperament.

the colonel

It was mentioned as talented hurlers, not talented forwards. Minder to say he's twice the hurler shane is way over the top. Watson may be talented, but I'd rather have the boys previously mentioned because you know exactly what your getting from them. They'll not let you down. They have done it consistently for us on big days, as shorty has for dunloy. And yes 3 hurl for us (thank god) but that just shouldn't sway my opinion.

Shrek

Quote from: the colonel on May 23, 2010, 11:27:33 AM
It was mentioned as talented hurlers, not talented forwards. Minder to say he's twice the hurler shane is way over the top. Watson may be talented, but I'd rather have the boys previously mentioned because you know exactly what your getting from them. They'll not let you down. They have done it consistently for us on big days, as shorty has for dunloy. And yes 3 hurl for us (thank god) but that just shouldn't sway my opinion.

Minders only annoyed you didnt mention Glenariffe players.........oh, and also hes an idiot.