Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 08, 2010, 04:28:31 PM
While not good for the pitch that would slow the game down which would be no bad thing for Dunloy...

the pitch is Shiite, we played on it the other week and it was sticky, wasn't level (within reason) the grass was badly cut and a football followed by a hurling match before the semi final will certainly cut it up.

hope to be down the next day after our final. would maybe need a chauffeur as i may still be pissed ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Lecale2

Where did Antrim play the Walsh Cup Final two years ago?

Minder

Quote from: Lecale2 on February 08, 2010, 09:07:16 PM

Casement, possibly the wettest day I have experienced in Casement. Soaked to the balls I believe is the phrase.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

the colonel

Quote from: Minder on February 08, 2010, 09:09:46 PM

Casement, possibly the wettest day I have experienced in Casement. Soaked to the balls I believe is the phrase.

Offaly offered to come to Belfast if I remember correctly. All other games Antrim and Galway have had to travel as part of them taking part
the difference between success and failure is energy

Minder

Kilkenny also agree to come up, last year I think.

Milltown Row2

Kilkenny did indeed come up, a request by Cody. Antrim should meet Kilkenny again after the next round of the Shield competition. decent enough build up for the league.

Galway should win the Walsh cup this year. strange that in the last 3 years. Leinster teams will have only won it once
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

saffron sam2

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 08, 2010, 06:16:47 PM
While not good for the pitch that would slow the game down which would be no bad thing for Dunloy...

the pitch is Shiite, we played on it the other week and it was sticky, wasn't level (within reason) the grass was badly cut and a football followed by a hurling match before the semi final will certainly cut it up.

hope to be down the next day after our final. would maybe need a chauffeur as i may still be pissed ;)

Does the next day after your final end in "y"?
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: the colonel on February 08, 2010, 09:24:49 PM
Quote from: Minder on February 08, 2010, 09:09:46 PM

Offaly offered to come to Belfast if I remember correctly. All other games Antrim and Galway have had to travel as part of them taking part
Offaly didnt offer to play the Final at Casement. It was the way the draw worked out. Whoever came out of that side of the draw would have had home advantage. It was a brutal day

Milltown Row2

Quote from: saffron sam2 on February 08, 2010, 10:20:28 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 08, 2010, 06:16:47 PM

Does the next day after your final end in "y"?

yes, my wife is expecting me back on Tuesda"y"  after work ;)

the colonel

Good luck to St Galls and Dunloy this weekend. Would be a boost before National League starts if either could get a win.

Heard Paul Shiels will be playing. Heard he was very good in a recent challenge against Antrim. Damien McMullan and Woody to be injured and Darren Quinn went off to oz

Minder

Quote from: the colonel on February 10, 2010, 04:36:26 PM
Good luck to St Galls and Dunloy this weekend. Would be a boost before National League starts if either could get a win.

Heard Paul Shiels will be playing. Heard he was very good in a recent challenge against Antrim. Damien McMullan and Woody to be injured and Darren Quinn went off to oz

So is he currently in Australia?

the colonel

From what I heard from one of their players he left recently for a year or so. Had his plans set quite a while ago and decided to head on. Wonder if it hadnt been Portumna??

maxpower

Think it was possibly more to do with a lack of work around here, he actually kept delaying it until the Championship was over in Ulster but with the big gap between Ulster Final and Semi final i don't think it was possible to delay any further.  Woody and Rab are big losses but means big opportunity for someone else
What happens next????

bredaghgael86

Good luck to st.galls and dunloy this weekend. Would be brilliant for antrim and ulster hurling to get a couple of results.

ONeill

I'd like to echo those comments. Good luck St Gall's and Dunloy. i think both'll get hammered though.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.