Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: NAG1 on January 06, 2010, 12:44:17 PM
Think we all know the reasons behind the MS recall and it aint on performances in recent times!

Who was it put Tosh on in a match as a sub and took him off again NHL game in Casement if my memory serves me correctly?

That was Dinny..may have been against Laois. It was ridiculous.

Glensman

Why is Sean Delargy not going back? Personality clash?
He is pretty committed, clean living and seems like a fella who loves his hurling.
He could have been a great asset (if played at corner back).

NAG1

I would say he wouldnt be a massive dinny fan after the last time around but could be wrong. Big committment again.

Wonder when AD can expect his recall  :D

the colonel

I think Sean thought it was having a negative effect on his own hurling for the club and was reaching standards that he has set for himself. Wants to get form back rather than just going along for the sake of it. I don't think he was a fan of all traveling for games such as walsh cup, NL etc.
the difference between success and failure is energy

drici

Milltown Row2

our game v  Tynagh/Abbey Duniry this Sunday has been rearranged for this Saturday. Dublin had been fixed to play in Parnell at the same time as we had been.

piss up and brewery spring to mind!!!

buses and lads working now have to be changed.

can't complain, just glad to be playing
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Two Hands FFS

Thats a disgrace MR to change an All Ireland semi final at this late stage! Hows preperations hoing? Good luck anyway. Hope yous do it!!

Championship draws on county website for 2010. St Johns playing Intermediate  ???

aontroim

Link to Championship Draws...

http://antrim.gaa.ie/news/details/?id=2119

Looks like IHC & JHC could be re-drawn after mistakenly entering Cloughmills into IHC.

St. John's dropping into IHC is disappointing to see, but not unexpected if they are also playing Div 2 Hurling in 2010.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on January 18, 2010, 11:14:20 PM
Thats a disgrace MR to change an All Ireland semi final at this late stage! Hows preperations hoing? Good luck anyway. Hope yous do it!!

Championship draws on county website for 2010. St Johns playing Intermediate  ???

What??? i find that strange. we've taken a few beatings in the Senior Championship so dropped to intermediate. the Johnnies have been producing good young hurlers and with some proper management could have competed at senior. will be a kick in the teeth for the clubs entering intermediate this year.

preparation has been shite due to the weather but we've been at J'stown indoors and played queens yesterday.

will be a tough encounter, they are a good team and we need a good start. if its tight at half time i'll be happy.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on January 18, 2010, 11:28:58 PM
U21 Hurling Championship

Rossa v Roddy McCorleys
???

who da fook? some Belfast teams mixed together?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: aontroim on January 18, 2010, 11:16:56 PM
Link to Championship Draws...

http://antrim.gaa.ie/news/details/?id=2119

Looks like IHC & JHC could be re-drawn after mistakenly entering Cloughmills into IHC.

St. John's dropping into IHC is disappointing to see, but not unexpected if they are also playing Div 2 Hurling in 2010.

before the redraw, watch and see how many teams drop out of intermedaite when they see the Johnnies in there

johnneycool

well i suppose the Ulster and AI dimension of the intermediates and indeed juniors makes it a bit more enticing for teams to drop a level.

Glensman

"Enticing"?! What the?!
Its not enticing for the intermediate teams who may have already started training with an eye on the trophy to see St Johns drop down.
Similarly if teams are now allowed to drop from intermediate to junior...?! Appears a mistake was made with Cloughmills and that should be quickly rectified and hopefully the redraw is made quickly and this mess sorted out.

johnneycool

its obviously more enticing for St Johns to drop to intermediate and be in with a good shout of winning out in Antrim and Ulster before going into an AI semi-final rather than to be an also ran in the Antrim senior championship.

I wouldn't have thought anyone in Corrigan park gave a toss for the feelings of the other intermediate teams and why would they?

I don't know how antrim county board decide who's entitled to play in what championship.

NAG1

Seriously has anyone been watching St Johns in recent times, when its put to them they dont have it. The have one forward in BMcF and after thave nothing if the teams in that competiton get geared up properly I dont see it as a forgone conclusion anyway!