Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the colonel

cushendall to play dunloy this weekend in dunloy, so where ever those rumours came from were crap
the difference between success and failure is energy

milltown row

Quote from: theskull1 on November 10, 2009, 02:42:36 PM
Quote from: milltown row on November 10, 2009, 02:38:40 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on November 09, 2009, 10:33:41 PM
Sure the playoffs would be played at this time of year..... :-\

not if we play the games throughout the summer when we usually have a break for a month!!! leagues finish earlier then the play offs when ya have all your players

So you'd be playing playoffs at the same time you'd be playing championship...is that right?

Skull either ya like or not, stop being pedantic ;)

clearly the current method is shite, with the play offs it means games are played with/without county players cut off date for the league is before the championship. playoffs to be played after county final last week in August. that will mean 2nd weekend of Sept, played over two weekends. great preparation for the county winners also in Ulster!!

some tweaking here and there but playoffs are the way forward

NAG1

Has the u21 final been arranged for Friday night?

johnneycool

Quote from: milltown row on November 10, 2009, 04:37:37 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on November 10, 2009, 02:42:36 PM
Quote from: milltown row on November 10, 2009, 02:38:40 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on November 09, 2009, 10:33:41 PM
Sure the playoffs would be played at this time of year..... :-\

not if we play the games throughout the summer when we usually have a break for a month!!! leagues finish earlier then the play offs when ya have all your players

So you'd be playing playoffs at the same time you'd be playing championship...is that right?

Skull either ya like or not, stop being pedantic ;)

clearly the current method is shite, with the play offs it means games are played with/without county players cut off date for the league is before the championship. playoffs to be played after county final last week in August. that will mean 2nd weekend of Sept, played over two weekends. great preparation for the county winners also in Ulster!!

some tweaking here and there but playoffs are the way forward

Is there any reason for the county finals being so early considering the Ulster championship consists of two games then the winners sit on their hands till february all the while the Munster and Leinster champioships are being played out?

There's definately a loss of interest in playing games once you're out of the championship and that mindset will need to change irrespective of what formats are used.

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: NAG1 on November 11, 2009, 09:10:06 AM
Has the u21 final been arranged for Friday night?

U21 Hurling Championship
Team 1 Team 2 Venue Date Time Referee Comment
Dunloy  Rossa  Casement Park 13/11/2009 19:15 McAuley Liam 

NAG1

Any predictions for this one lads?

Show be a good encounter, Dunloy would have to start favourites but this is a good young Rossa side so wouldnt be writing them off. Finally is there a good news story for hurling in Belfast after all the doom and gloom?

Uladhabu

MR is it true about the split in your club over U21 debacle, hurlers against footballers?

milltown row

Quote from: Uladhabu on November 12, 2009, 03:57:33 PM
MR is it true about the split in your club over U21 debacle, hurlers against footballers?

Christ every club has a difference of opinion. the under 21 ones feel aggrieved that they didn't get to play the semi final. granted the way things were handled could have been better but no split. all of the under 21's will be down in Armagh on Sunday cheering on their club/mates.

success brings problems, i think a lot of clubs would love to be in our position. Ya can't please everybody

maxpower

Quote from: milltown row on November 12, 2009, 04:18:47 PM

Christ every club has a difference of opinion. the under 21 ones feel aggrieved that they didn't get to play the semi final. granted the way things were handled could have been better but no split. all of the under 21's will be down in Armagh on Sunday cheering on their club/mates.

success brings problems, i think a lot of clubs would love to be in our position. Ya can't please everybody

Indeed it does, i know a few of our minor footballers hold a grudge against the club for depriving them the chance of a Minor final a few years ago.  In both instances its a real shame both teams didn;t take their chances without the star players and not deprive the rest the opportunity.

Would know very little about this Rossa team other than what i saw last year in the u21 championship, they had a very decent team then, i was very impressed with their no8 that day.

The fact they convincingly beat the overwhelming favourites for the competition is testament to their pedigree and it should be a good game. 

Its a bit bizarre that this dominant Cushendall teams with Graffin, McManus, Natty, McGill, Shanebo et al, who to be fair have backboned senior successes will not have an u21 medal
What happens next????

Minder

I think Natty is out of U-21 a few years Max, if it is Donal Mc Naughton you are talking about
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

the colonel

natty is 24, brian delargy and eunan mckillop 25/26, both would have played in a couple of u21 finals and lost and neither got anywhere near a minor championship, more players who never saw much underage success
the difference between success and failure is energy

milltown row

might be another reason its off ;)

Minder we are playing ya's next sunday :o

Minder

Quote from: milltown row on November 12, 2009, 11:03:20 PM
might be another reason its off ;)

Minder we are playing ya's next sunday :o

So I believe, are youse gonna try and play all your games. It would be a nice touch if you have us a guard of honour onto the pitch as league champions.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

saffron sam2

That would be some split.  milltown row vs the rest.

Oh and I made the other thing up.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

NAG1

Is the match on or off lads?