Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

Colonel it will be very interesting to see if Dinny can hold onto some of the older players or what strategy he takes in this regard.

The Buzz

Whats the alternative? you've got the guy shot before hes done anything wrong (this time). Should be grateful hes interested!
When you lose a game there was a row at half time, when you when it the team talk was inspirational!

NAG1

Buzz what would you know about it?

drici

thebuzz
Newbie Offline [Add To Buddy List]
Send personal message
Show Posts
Show Stats
Date Registered: November 10, 2006, 06:38:17 PM
Last Active: October 24, 2009, 01:03:13
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Buzz
Offline [Add To Buddy List]
Send personal message
Show Posts
Show Stats
Date Registered: October 12, 2009, 02:08:14 PM
Last Active: Today at 11:03:36

johnneycool

Quote from: NAG1 on November 06, 2009, 10:44:14 AM
Colonel it will be very interesting to see if Dinny can hold onto some of the older players or what strategy he takes in this regard.

if i can recollect from Dinny's last reign, he kinda got rid of a lot of the old guard like horse O'Kane and Ally Elliott and built up a fairly young team.
The current Antrim squad is very young in general so I wouldn't expect to see too many withdrawals other than maybe the likes of Karl.
Will Dinny be able to get young Watson on side again as Watson played his bet hurling under Dinny?

NAG1

Well he did pander too him enough at that time so many he will be able to get him back on board!
He might have to match his outlandish package at DC to do so though  ;)

aontroim

Antrim Div 1 Hurling   
Ballygalget    1-18   1-17   Loughgiel

That win for Ballygalget sees St. John's relegated and no city teams in Div 1 next year.

milltown row

Quote from: aontroim on November 08, 2009, 09:32:21 PM
Antrim Div 1 Hurling   
Ballygalget    1-18   1-17   Loughgiel

That win for Ballygalget sees St. John's relegated and no city teams in Div 1 next year.

can we not beat Glenariffe?

aontroim

Will you manage to get all your games played MR before the 22nd with the footballers progressing in Ulster?

theskull1

I think No is the answer to that question.  :-\

Bad day for city hurling in the short term, but maybe the kick up the arse that they need to get their act together collectively.

BUT Can see some arm twisting taking place behind the scenes to change the league format rather than them take their medicine and regain some confidence in a lower league similar to Glenariffe

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

NAG1

Skull I think you are right that there could be some back door dealing to change the league format.

This has been coming to the Belfast clubs now for 10 - 15 years, I think it is time they sat up and said this is no longer good enough what we are doing and change it.

The Belfast clubs should be looking to other large urban areas and see what is being done successfully. Sine of the Dublin clubs are a shining light to them.

johnneycool

Quote from: theskull1 on November 09, 2009, 09:05:59 AM
I think No is the answer to that question.  :-\

Bad day for city hurling in the short term, but maybe the kick up the arse that they need to get their act together collectively.

BUT Can see some arm twisting taking place behind the scenes to change the league format rather than them take their medicine and regain some confidence in a lower league similar to Glenariffe

Certainly a must win game for us yesterday and we nearly blew it. we up by 8 or 9 at a stage, only to see the bodies pull it back but we managed to hold out in the end.

Neither team was near full strength as one of our lads had his stag party in Cardiff with 10 of the team over at it, five flew back that morning for the game and we'd have been fucked without them.

for 2010 i wouldn't be surprised if the league format was changed yet again and even though we were nearly caught (and still might be) there's not a lot wrong with the current format, it's the timing of the fixtures is the problem with no one other than the likes of ourselves caught in the relegation mire giving a f**k for fixtures in the back end of November and even we're struggling to get players motivated to travel up the country on wet, pishy, cold november days.

theskull1

Just because the league format is the right one JC, doesn't mean that some clandestine forces won't try and change it to suit narrow minded short sighted interests.

I hope I'm wrong
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

NAG1

Good committment JC to get 5 boys back at that sort of notice.

I recall another stag party on the weekend of a championship game which kind of sums up the committment of the club in question IMO

maxpower

Quote from: NAG1 on November 09, 2009, 10:57:15 AM
Good committment JC to get 5 boys back at that sort of notice.

I recall another stag party on the weekend of a championship game which kind of sums up the committment of the club in question IMO

Fair point,

does that win mean we will win the league this year or can loughgiel still catch us, i think mathematically if they win all their games they possibly could, but they have 2 weekends to play 4 games, are they really that bothered
What happens next????