Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Hopefully Colonel or some of the Cushendall posters will shed some light on it............
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

theskull1

Quote from: hardstation on November 01, 2009, 08:28:57 PM
The Johnnies didn't field against Rossa in the U14 league final.

St. John's bate Dunloy in the league.............

Word has it that Cushendall have pulled out of the league?................

Something stinks here.

Posting from the bog again HS  :)

And on that theme
St Johns got over the line "just" against a depleted Dunloy side on a crap day on a crap pitch with both teams playing crap. There is no smoking gun.

After all the bad mouthing about NA not giving a shit about hurling in SA are you now accusing us of caring?  :)
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

NAG1

Any word on when the u21 final is being played then?

the colonel

Quote from: Minder on November 01, 2009, 09:43:23 PM
Hopefully Colonel or some of the Cushendall posters will shed some light on it............

our boys played portaferry last week, so I shouldnt see why we would have pulled out of the league. waiting on the county to give us fixtures, we'll play them
the difference between success and failure is energy

NAG1

Groundlie,

My reading of the situation that you were more or less mathmatically down?

Is this not the case?

NAG1

But again then if Loughgiel dont field against them then they will get the points and your scuppered.

Im not against you in anyway, but these crucial games should not be, being played out on unfit pitches at this time of the year.

Plus its time that st johns took a look at themselves and asked why are we in the position and what are we going to do to get out of it.

theskull1

Quote from: groundlie on November 02, 2009, 03:58:37 PM
I take it you were not at the St Johns vs Dunloy game? Because you would have seen a very entertaining game if you were! Yes Dunloy were not at full strength but they had at least 7 of the ulster winning team playing. So with that taken into account it was not bad for us, a so called Div 2 team. Our lads played with a lot of spirit, hunger and not for the first time this year Brian and Simon carried us over the line. McFall is still the best forward in the county in my opinion with the exception of McIntosh from glenarrife perhaps.

I think we still may be able to stay up. Asking a lot though.

You're easy pleased Groundie if thats what you call entertaining. Great result for yourselves of course but it was a poor surface which resulted in a dogged low scoring game. Some great scores from McFall though I agree

Minder

Quote from: groundlie on November 02, 2009, 04:03:51 PM
If we beat the dall, or if they don't field against us (rumor they have finished for the year) then we would be a point clear of ballygalget if they lose to loughgeil.

I would say Cushendall will field as there is a £300 fine for not fielding. The team they send out may not be the strongest though.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Two Hands FFS

antrim website.white smoke at casement. Dinny in

Glensman

Quote from: groundlie on November 02, 2009, 03:58:37 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on November 02, 2009, 09:18:09 AM
Quote from: hardstation on November 01, 2009, 08:28:57 PM
The Johnnies didn't field against Rossa in the U14 league final.

St. John's bate Dunloy in the league.............

Word has it that Cushendall have pulled out of the league?................

Something stinks here.

Theskull1,

Posting from the bog again HS  :)

And on that theme
St Johns got over the line "just" against a depleted Dunloy side on a crap day on a crap pitch with both teams playing crap. There is no smoking gun.

After all the bad mouthing about NA not giving a shit about hurling in SA are you now accusing us of caring?  :)

I take it you were not at the St Johns vs Dunloy game? Because you would have seen a very entertaining game if you were! Yes Dunloy were not at full strength but they had at least 7 of the ulster winning team playing. So with that taken into account it was not bad for us, a so called Div 2 team. Our lads played with a lot of spirit, hunger and not for the first time this year Brian and Simon carried us over the line. McFall is still the best forward in the county in my opinion with the exception of McIntosh from glenarrife perhaps.

I think we still may be able to stay up. Asking a lot though.

At present at least Paddy Richmond, Shane McNaughton (when on form), Neil McManus (and its not his strongest position) rank ahead of McFall.

But fair play to the big man for plugging away.

Will he make a further push now Dinny is back?

Last Man

Dinny's back, good news IMO. I can see the beef that people from senior clubs have with him but as someone from a junior club I was always taken by his enthusiasm and humility. I'd say his approach will be totally different this time round, he'll have listened to Cody enough to know that he needs to bring the clubs with him. Good to see Dick in to, top of my list without a doubt.

theskull1

Conversely I can see why Junior clubs are happy with this appointment, but lads....make no mistake .....he will be all about improving the fortunes of the County Team during his tenure regardless of the impact that his approach has on the local game.

Last Man

The only thing about it Skull is, he's in and to be honest and realistic I don't know who else we could have got. I'd say theres a good few miles on the Bora now and he will definitely have matured a bit as a manager. The clubs will have to stay close if they want to influence policy and sure aren't yourselves as best placed as any.

NAG1

There would need to be some serious stipulations put on this appointment lads. Yes he is a great coach (poor manager) he will improve the team no doubt and there is plenty of talent there which will benefit from his no nonsense approach.

However the clubs have to stand up and be strong and say that we will be playing our games regardless of the county teams progress, yes we will help when it is appropriate and give them their weeks grace but we but standing idle for a whole summer because of 30 players and Dinny.

I hope that G O'Kane will have enough influence on him to be able to bring the clubs along, but IMO honest opinion if its a second in command appointment like his last tenures then there will be very little advise taken.

theskull1

Posted this on the County Website and got the following response from the revisionist man in green

Admin Quote to previous poster "But stop trotting out this gullible nonsense that Dinny had anything to do with club leagues in the past. It is a complete and utter fallacy."

My Response
????? Come on Admin.....County Players (virtually...no doubt there was the very very rare exception to pull me on)nevered hurled a ball for their clubs at training or in matches from the NHL until late July/August when Dinny was running Antrim for I think the first 3 years. Then when clubs wanted change he still trained them Friday, Saturday and Sunday morning before they played league/feis games later on the Sunday leaving them totally unable to perform to the right level for their clubs. I wish you would stop accusing people who were there that these realities were nonsense. Surely you have to accept that things were the way they were?

Admins reply (which edits out all of my comments)
Name : theskull1             03 November 2009
Admin Quote ????

Complete and utter balderdash. Your post was devoid of any facts whatsoever. Peddle your rubbish elsewhere, not on here.