Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mightysaffrons

latest 3-09 to 0-04!! a hammering to say the least!!

Syd The Sailor

Quote from: mightysaffrons on April 01, 2007, 04:25:20 PM
latest 3-09 to 0-04!! a hammering to say the least!!

3 goals in 1st 10 minutes......
"I coulda been a contender.....i could've been somebody"

Syd The Sailor

Limerick 4-17 Antrim 0-13

Ruairi Og exile

Back to square one then.Usual story then, early goals & game over. Think the team was maybe near the same as Dublin match except DD was back in goals

slow corner back

Quote from: Syd The Sailor on April 01, 2007, 05:01:37 PM
Limerick 4-17 Antrim 0-13

Division 2 here we come and if they keep it as a 9 team Div 1 we wil struggle to get out of Div2

mightysaffrons

I would be thinking DD would be getting dropped then!! always thought he was a dodgy keep!!

Syd The Sailor

Quote from: mightysaffrons on April 01, 2007, 05:51:01 PM
I would be thinking DD would be getting dropped then!! always thought he was a dodgy keep!!

Who would you have in nets then, are all 4 goals attributed to mistakes by DD? Do you know something we dont..... After watching the Dublin match it was much a  case of Dublin being poor as us being good so todays result was no great surprise.

Baile an tuaigh

Simply we are not not good enough. Not rocket science either. So it shouldn't be any great surprise but the sooner we get down to hell out of division one the better. Very embarassing to get hamered every week it serves no purpose. Lets look after our own youth system and domestic scene we are very competitive at club level but the lack of teams at County  robs us of more potential talant. Its not going to get better unless we get Unionist parishes to take up the caman which aye don't see happening anytime soon. The Ulster league is a great idea and should be used to its full potential. We need to fulfill competetions and games also having the reserve teams play before senior like it used to be. We need to as a group of Hurling people devise a new system that will make more games for all players. This shite of playing six games a year for a club Hurler isn't worth the full of your arse of roasted snow.

slow corner back

Quote from: Baile an tuaigh on April 01, 2007, 06:22:17 PM
Simply we are not not good enough. Not rocket science either. So it shouldn't be any great surprise but the sooner we get down to hell out of division one the better. Very embarassing to get hamered every week it serves no purpose. Lets look after our own youth system and domestic scene we are very competitive at club level but the lack of teams at County  robs us of more potential talant. Its not going to get better unless we get Unionist parishes to take up the caman which aye don't see happening anytime soon. The Ulster league is a great idea and should be used to its full potential. We need to fulfill competetions and games also having the reserve teams play before senior like it used to be. We need to as a group of Hurling people devise a new system that will make more games for all players. This shite of playing six games a year for a club Hurler isn't worth the full of your arse of roasted snow.

I think we all agree about more club matches but as for unionist clubs that is dreamland.

Baile an tuaigh

Thats why I said I don't see that happening anytime soon. I would like to see a seperate board for Hurling and Football. Because right now Hurling is always the poor relation.

The Truth

I wonder will Division 2 be "Hollywood" enough for Sambo's ego........?
"We serve neither King nor Kaiser"

maxpower

any reports from limerick, i see Dublin got stuffed as well maybe three matches in 8 days was a bit hard on the players
What happens next????

clootfromthe21

Too depressed to even think about the Limerick game.

So moving quickly on, what about CPC's victory in the O'Keefe semis against Athenry!

From the meagre report in the IN, it looked as if they showed a very un-Antrim like ability to keep plugging away and come from behind at the last minute. Anybody at the match?

Fair play to them and their mentors - Joe Cassidy (Derry footballer) and Oran Kearney (Linfield soccer player)!

Any idea when the final is?

theskull1

milltown....you still haven't replied to the PM I sent to you???
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Syd The Sailor

Im just wondering did Terry & Woody "change mindsets" this year? that seemed to be their mantra.....