Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

milltown row

I remember the non starred games being as they were, glorified challenge games, while Dinny was the man that propelled us to a new level,the leagues did suffer. Could Dinny change it and use a new method while not disrupting the leagues? Or will he revert back to the last method?

ha ha derry

imo dinny cahill would be a good move for antrim. it,s a cse of other countys moving forward not antrim moving back !!! this time (with the advantage of hindsight) he,ll knw how to move forward.. by the way ger rogan got manager of the year in derry.

johnneycool

Quote from: milltown row on October 22, 2009, 10:22:45 PM
I remember the non starred games being as they were, glorified challenge games, while Dinny was the man that propelled us to a new level,the leagues did suffer. Could Dinny change it and use a new method while not disrupting the leagues? Or will he revert back to the last method?

i seem to remember some sort of 'countess of Antrim' competition which was played minus county players and although it gaqve the non-county players a run out was lacking in the quality and intensity of a full run out.

You gotta remember Dinny is from Tipp where it is very common for county players not to play with their clubs through league campaigns but in Tipp there's not too many teams sending five, six, seven players to county training which has a huge impact on club training let alone games.

in a much as these extended inter county championships, play-offs etc may be good for the high level GAA it really restricts the number of weekends open to a fixtures secretary to plan clubs games in so to an extent I have a bit of sympathy with county boards in this regard.

Antrim Coaster

Johnney, the Countess of Antrim is the North Antrim board's Intermediate Championship competition which include the likes of Loughgiel, Cushendall, Dunloy, Ballycastle second teams and Carey, Glenarm etc (intermediate clubs). The final is played over the Feis weekend

theskull1

Here Clár

Would you mind finding out why "Admin" didn't post my response to his "it's a myth that dinny stopped players playing club games" reply to an earlier post which had been penned (but not delivered) by my good self.

Does the truth hurt?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

johnneycool

Quote from: Antrim Coaster on October 23, 2009, 11:47:09 AM
Johnney, the Countess of Antrim is the North Antrim board's Intermediate Championship competition which include the likes of Loughgiel, Cushendall, Dunloy, Ballycastle second teams and Carey, Glenarm etc (intermediate clubs). The final is played over the Feis weekend

I remember playing in something of that name or similar with teams from the Ards and Belfast teams possibly eight to ten years ago. We were playing minus county players for sure.

Templar

Any Truth in the rumour that Joe Edwards jacked it in? Big loss if he has I,d say
They call me the Saint!

Colonel Cool

Quote from: Templar on October 23, 2009, 02:03:42 PM
Any Truth in the rumour that Joe Edwards jacked it in? Big loss if he has I,d say

What happened?
I'm not Homer Simpson. That ship has sailed. I'm "Colonel Cool"!

milltown row

Quote from: johnneycool on October 23, 2009, 01:23:29 PM
Quote from: Antrim Coaster on October 23, 2009, 11:47:09 AM

I remember playing in something of that name or similar with teams from the Ards and Belfast teams possibly eight to ten years ago. We were playing minus county players for sure.

was it not a 13 a side competition Timmons Shield?

i remeber we had a Belfast Competition played in Casement over the july period without county players (we didn't have any :() but only went for a while then faded away

Clár Fograí

Quote from: theskull1 on October 23, 2009, 12:26:42 PM
Here Clár

Would you mind finding out why "Admin" didn't post my response to his "it's a myth that dinny stopped players playing club games" reply to an earlier post which had been penned (but not delivered) by my good self.

Does the truth hurt?

Hi Skull, I would like to help but I think thi sis something you should take up with the county 'Admin'.  Do you think I am some sort of a message boy for you or something. Do you not think I hav eenough to do running around after the 'Doc', making tea for Tyrone, cleaning the changing rooms, waxing my car, cleaning the windiows of my Tardice, keeping an eye on the GAABoard - Antrim Hurling Thread.  Fer de luva jaysess Skull, I am surprised at you.  'Hey Tyrone, this fecker Skull on the GAABoard thinks I have nothing better to do'.

From an Antrim GAA Web Site perspective Skull, I think you could be right, 'the truth' does hurt.  But I think the same applies to the GAABoard - Antrim hurling thread. Many a poster has been kicked off here when they told the truth or intimated that others where not telling the truth or did not like to be told the truth.  Such is life, we move on though!
Anyone for tea? Close that F**king gate quick.  Hi Tyrone, FFS stop eating all the Mars bars.

Clár Fograí

Good Luck to Dunloy, St. Galls and Rasharkin this weekend.  Lets make it an Antrim treble boys.
Anyone for tea? Close that F**king gate quick.  Hi Tyrone, FFS stop eating all the Mars bars.

Minder

Will the Tardice be open tonight for the Mageean Cup final?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Minder

Mageean Cup Final Result

Cross And Passion 3-16 St Marys 0-12
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

slow corner back

CPC have a fair sprinkling of last years all ireland team left as far as I know, good win none the less well done to all involved.

Fairhead

Yeah congrats to CPC on retaining the Mageean Cup. Future looking good for them too; they put 10 goals past Maghera in the McNamee final.

As for tomorrow Dunloy won the county final comfortably in the end up but in the 1st 20 mins their full back line looked vulnerable and Cushendall had 3/4 good goal chances which they didnt take. If Ballycrans pacey forwards can get good possession they can give the Dunloy full back line a tough time. However if Dunloys experienced players play like they did against the Dall i expect them to pull through by 4/5.