Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syd The Sailor

Quote from: Ruairi Og exile on March 29, 2007, 09:42:17 PM
Syd...who would you play in centre half?? Not being cheeky just asking your opinion

I would play Mickey Monty CHB and put Pinky to Full Back, Micky is a good tight marker which is what you have to be as a back. Its not how many balls you clear, its about stopping your man first and foremost.
"I coulda been a contender.....i could've been somebody"

aontroim

County web admins workin late tonigt - c'ship draws are on there already.

SENIOR HURLING

Group 1
Dunloy
Glenariffe
Loughgiel
Lámh Dhearg
St. Gall's

Group 2
Gort na Mona
Rossa
St. John's
Cushendall
Ballycastle

Top 2 teams in each group through to Semi-Finals

INTERMEDIATE HURLING

Group 1
Sarsfield's
St. Teresa's
St. Paul's
Glenravel
Carey Faugh's

Group 2
Cushendun
Gaeil Chluana
Shane O'Neill's
Tír na nÓg

Top 2 teams in each group through to Semi-Finals

JUNIOR HURLING

Group 1
Larne
Rasharkin
Creggan
O Mitchel Og

Group 2
Davitt's
St. Agnes'
Armoy

Group 3
McDermott's
Na Fuiseoige
Ballymena

Group 4
St. Brigid's Cloughmills
St. Enda's
Ardoyne

Top team in each group through to Semi-Finals

U21 HURLING

First Round
1. Loughgiel v St. Brendan's
2. St. Paul's v Rossa
3. St. John's v St. Gall's
4. Gaeil Chluana v Cushendall
5. Dunloy v St. Teresa's
6. Lamh Dhearg v Sarsfield's

Quarter-Finals
5 v 6
3 v Ballycastle
Gort na Mona v 1
2 v 4

MINOR HURLING
Preliminary Round
1. Rossa v St. Gall's
2. Rasharkin v St. Brendan's

First Round
Cushendall v Sarsfield's
2 v Glenshesk
St. Paul's v St. John's
St. Teresa's v 1
Loughgiel v Gort na Mona
Dunloy v Glenariffe
Lamh Dhearg v St. Enda's
Creggan v Ballycastle

Guillem2

Interesting. Who are St Brendans? Group 1 will see Loughgeil & Dunloy through but Glenariffe could be a dark horse. In Group 2 Cushendall will go through followed by Rossa or Ballycastle. Cushendun should cruse the IHC as will St Enda's in the Junior.
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

Keyser_Soze

Anyone know what the story is with McDermotts?

Last year they were in Division 2 and the Intermediate Championship.  They didn't finish bottom of Division 2 (St Endas did) but I haven't seen their name in the League fixtures (although I don't think I saw the full list).  It's not that long ago that they won the Junior Championship (~3 years) and now, going by this, they seem to be down again.

I take it all teams just play each other once like last year?

nrico2006

QuoteIt's not that long ago that they won the Junior Championship (~3 years) and now, going by this, they seem to be down again.

When did they win it, 2003?  Glenarm won it in 2004, St Teresas in 2005 and Clooney Gaels in 2006.  Who are Gaeil Chluana?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Arthur_Friend

"When did they win it, 2003?  Glenarm won it in 2004, St Teresas in 2005 and Clooney Gaels in 2006.  Who are Gaeil Chluana?"

You dont have to be a fluent Irish speaker to work that one out ! :D

milltown row

tough group two, Cushendall will come through but who else?

podge

St Brendans are an underage amalgamation of Glenravel, Cushendun and Coughmills.  Good for these kids to be playing at Div 1 level rather than not playing at all.

I can assure you that Cushendun will be far from contenders for the IHC.  They have lost about 8 of the best experienced players from last year..

My tip for the IHC is Randalstwon.  V fit and impressive last year and I believe they have a Clare man at the helm.

milltown row

yes played tir na og this year and was impressed. If St Pauls get there act together they will be tough.

tough opener for Gort Na Mona in the senior, i fancy them to come through the league but it will be close, three of four teams will be pushing to win that league

youngfella

Pinky kelly a defencer?? you must be mistaken, he has the best strike of a ball in the county if not the country. Last year he did done some damage from centre half. Why not put him there and two quick men at the side herron and joey scullion. Joey should defo be on the team he would die for hurling and has a great hand
Pull hard and early

The Truth

Quote from: youngfella on March 30, 2007, 10:34:22 AM
Pinky kelly a defencer??

What is a "defencer" ?  ;) Joey Scullion does not seem to like a bit of physical attention.......
"We serve neither King nor Kaiser"

Craigyhill Terror

QuoteWhen did they win it, 2003?  Glenarm won it in 2004, St Teresas in 2005 and Clooney Gaels in 2006.  Who are Gaeil Chluana?

McDermott's won the junior championship in 2003, they beat St Gall's in the final. Loughgiel won it in 2004, not Glenarm.

McDermott's don't seem to be entered in the league at all. How can they be allowed to play in the Championship if they don't enter the league?

youngfella

hehe opps typo. surely are two manager "legendary" managers could instill this in him because he is good enough. what are theyfore?
Pull hard and early

The Truth

Quote from: youngfella on March 30, 2007, 11:10:24 AM
hehe opps typo. surely are two manager "legendary" managers could instill this in him because he is good enough. what are theyfore?

Thats not something a manager can give someone, you either have the guts for it or you dont.....I am referring in particular to last years county final......
"We serve neither King nor Kaiser"

youngfella

unlike syd i wont pretend i was there ;) i heard the shams choked again( long may it continue) However i think that you can get over fear that some of people have, what else is sports psychology therefore??
Pull hard and early