Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syd The Sailor

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 27, 2007, 02:48:37 PM
Syd you really aren't showing any consistency. You need to make up your mind - you're like Jekyll and Hyde!

You'll probably be lying blocked in the Whitefort tomorrow instead of in the ground supporting Terry's heroes on the pitch!

The problem with the Antrim team is too many of them are lying blocked in the Whitefort......
"I coulda been a contender.....i could've been somebody"

slow corner back

Any team news for wednesday. I would hope there would be two or three changes from Sunday. I do not like to pick out individuals but I believe K Elliot should be changed simply because if you are cleaned out that badly you should not keep your place. I would also change the forward line as we were really toothless and our scores in all three league games have been quite low.

Syd The Sailor

Quote from: slow corner back on March 27, 2007, 03:03:57 PM
Any team news for wednesday. I would hope there would be two or three changes from Sunday. I do not like to pick out individuals but I believe K Elliot should be changed simply because if you are cleaned out that badly you should not keep your place. I would also change the forward line as we were really toothless and our scores in all three league games have been quite low.

In fairness to Elliott would Brennan not have done that to any of our backs? And its not as if the rest of the backs performances were of a very high standard.

mightysaffrons

once again syd u where not there so please dont criticise!!!

slow corner back

I do not want to have a go at Elliot as I think he is a fine club player. However he was severly out of his depth on Sunday. His positional play and his tackling were badly found wanting. Would Brennan have done that to any of our players, possibly, but he did it to Elliot no one else. I just believe that all teams should have standards and when someone fails to perform there should be consequences. Look at Ger Loughnane with Galway, Dublin beat Galway and Ger Farragher has a poor game, the following week he isnt involved at all. I know Galway have a bigger pick and are a better team but if we just accept what has happened in the first three games we are accepting defeat before we step on the pitch.
As I said earlier also our forward line needs a thorough rethink as it is not performing.

Noname

Quote from: mightysaffrons on March 27, 2007, 04:17:13 PM

this time i will have to stick up for syd, hes wasnt really crticising, but was right, Brennan would have skinned any back on Sunday, saying that i thought the Full Back line played reasonably well or maybe better to say they where our best line (which i know wouldnt be hard.  But when you have players out the field who have time to pick out players it is hard too mark them, and with midfielders and half forwards running off the ball unopposed its hard to stop.

albeit we got stuffed i also thought only 2 goals conceded wasnt too bad, i expected more against a team with players renouned for scoring goals.

on a positive point i noticed we along with Monaghan are the only teams who havent scored a goal in the all the Leagues. something wrong in the forwards me thinks.

Tony Baloney

Tosh will rattle the net if he gets back at it. Despite what the rest of the team do you'd expect him to weigh in with a handful of scores if he gets decent ball.

QuoteI know Galway have a bigger pick and are a better team but if we just accept what has happened in the first three games we are accepting defeat before we step on the pitch.

Agreed - if you play shit but keep your place match after match you're not going to have any incentive to pull your socks up! A wee stint on the bench is maybe what some of the saffrons need.

Ruairi Og exile

In the form Eddie Brennan has been in this year & last year Kevin Elliott was always going to struggle & very much did so. His confidence will be low but he'll be back. I would bring Ciaran Herron to half back & start Martin Sculllion in midfield. I'd move Karl back to CHB, yes he is a loose man marker but he's a far better option than Johnny Campbell. Brendan Herron has to be looking over his shoulder after his performance on Sunday. Hope Tosh is back...we need his scores bigtime. Alot of pressure on Antrim & the management after the performance on Sunday. I thought that we were far too nice on Sunday, can anyone remember a hard(but fair)tackle from an Antrim player?? I dont expect Antrim to beat Kilkenny but I do expect abit of passion, which was sadly lacking on Sunday.

slow corner back

I have to agree with all u say ruari og and I was not wanting to start a campaign against K elliot who is a fine player but unfortunately ran into an excellent eddie brennan. I would hope there are quite a lot of them looking over the shoulder. Realistically 4-5 changes called for.

Arthur_Friend

Stirring it? Moi?  ;D

Barney McAuley was the only man who earned his position for tomorrow night.

Syd The Sailor

Quote from: mightysaffrons on March 27, 2007, 04:17:13 PM

Where was the criticism? Happy to discuss.....

Syd The Sailor

Any ideas why DD Quinn is not on tonight?

Tony Baloney

Syd you should get out more - they seem to be chopping between him and McGarry. You should do nets if you think you're better!

The Truth

Quote from: Syd The Sailor on March 28, 2007, 01:02:53 PM
Any ideas why DD Quinn is not on tonight?

More to the point how is Karl Stewart/Paul Shields on and Johhny Tosh isnt???
"We serve neither King nor Kaiser"

The Truth

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 28, 2007, 01:13:28 PM
Syd you should get out more - I don't think DD has played in the last 2 matches!

Tony you should read the papers more , he played against Kilkenny.....
"We serve neither King nor Kaiser"