Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: hatchetfield on September 21, 2009, 01:48:50 PM
How's it going people? Was offline there for a while, signal ran out up in the hatchetfield! I'll get back to you on that Skull when i've a bit of time to.  IHC final - Lamhs i'd say have had their chance and KS i hear will be ok for it. Having said that, no offence MR but i don't think Galls are as good as they were a few years back and i suppose what the IHC has proved is that it is indeed their standard - i don't think we're class either by the way in case you think i'm getting above my station!

We've two matches left - had two facile wins over Tir na nog and Clooney Gaels which just leaves us Galls and Glenarrife - we still can go up!

The table should have us level with youse but with 2 games in hand as we beat Glenarm handily on Saturday.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

the colonel

ruairiog.com has the senior final down for 3.15 on sunday.
the difference between success and failure is energy

Minder

Quote from: the colonel on September 21, 2009, 04:44:43 PM
ruairiog.com has the senior final down for 3.15 on sunday.

The Antrim site has the minor match down for 8am so it will be an early start.

Two Hands FFS

according to county website...Minor match is at 1.30pm & a certain Mr Terry Reilly is the ref. f**k we're going to have to listen to some shite now. Eoin Elliott doing the senior final

Minder

Quote from: hardstation on September 21, 2009, 11:00:22 PM
Good luck to both refs and all the teams involved.

We need a bit of love on this thread.

Even the fence jumpers in the minor match?

The man in the middle

Quote from: milltown row on September 21, 2009, 04:07:47 PM
Quote from: hardstation on September 21, 2009, 02:51:37 PM
I go away for a week and milltown has recruited gaaboard selectors.
:D

aye i've a band of selectors alright? i asked what the game looked like from the stand as neutral, and have been given points from everyone. still waiting on few to get back to me ;D

MR my esteemed colleague obviously felt he could make a few suggestions on what he witnessed, to answer your question "How did it Look from the Neutrals point of view", I would liken it to meeting a great looking bird, ploughing her with drink all night, the anticipation of getting her back to your pad is killing you , then you get her home only to find out underneath she has a pair of Balls!!!!  It promised everthing and delivered nothing but disappointment, i hope the replay will be worth the entrance fee. The "Brian Cody" look on the line does,nt suit you ;)

theskull1

Quote from: The man in the middle on September 22, 2009, 09:26:02 AM
MR my esteemed colleague obviously felt he could make a few suggestions on what he witnessed, to answer your question "How did it Look from the Neutrals point of view", I would liken it to meeting a great looking bird, ploughing her with drink all night, the anticipation of getting her back to your pad is killing you , then you get her home only to find out underneath she has a pair of Balls!!!!  It promised everthing and delivered nothing but disappointment, i hope the replay will be worth the entrance fee. The "Brian Cody" look on the line does,nt suit you ;)

First of all you'd have to question why a prominent adams apple and big hands is attractive to you
Second...have you always found that you have to get "women" comatosed drunk to convince them to go out with you?
And most importantly from a refereeing point of view.....the refs down south would let this type of indiscretion go to keep the game going  :P
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

takeyourpoint

Forgetting about referees,times and venues lets get down to the two games.I reckon Cushendall and Rossa both by five or six points.Discuss.

Minder

If St Galls get heavily involved in the Ulster Football championship it will suit us, we have to play them twice yet. Our fellas are still training away so shouldn't get caught out in the "easier" games.

The man in the middle

We reckon that allowing for the odd bit of advantage being played that Loughguile should pip the Minor by 3/4 Pt's (To cute for the Rossa lads) ;) and the Dall should romp home with the possibility of it becoming a bit of a dull game, sorry Skull that would be the general consensus of the group, bar 1 !

The football should be an automatic WO for the Milltown men, the concern is Madden and what is that head gear he is wearing? Does it relate to his previous condition and if so, is he covered to play? Its an awful risk, especially if Andy or Brads meet him square on, would,nt want that on my conscious the rest of my days. Anyone know what he is wearing? We will have to seek clarification from the county before the game.

milltown row

brought this question up already, is he safe to play? this will be a fair step up in terms of intensity and tackling.

but sure if he's up to the task and Ports do well then its a risk worth taking.

the Dall should win but will be closer than expected.

i see Tommy McIntyre is doind the Galls Lamhs match on tues night. i know he was maybe thinking that he'd be doing the senior game but he's a quality referee and will be in control from the start.

also thought that (Skinny) Cunning did a great job and is one for the future

maxpower

I agree that we do have some very good, fit referee's in the county,
What happens next????

NAG1

Whats the verdict on Sunday then Max?

maxpower

I haven't commented on any of our games to date, so relunctant to do so.  but the facts are there, we have scrapped through Glenarriffe and ballycastle (a team fighting relegation and a Div 2 team) where Cushendall have breezed to the final, crushing loughgiel.

They are the Champions and the favourites, and rightly so,

I think the match will be won in the ulgys, the hooking/blocking/pulling/stopping.  Cushendall for all their hurling are also excellent at that
What happens next????

The man in the middle

Quote from: milltown row on September 22, 2009, 11:07:53 PM
brought this question up already, is he safe to play? this will be a fair step up in terms of intensity and tackling.

but sure if he's up to the task and Ports do well then its a risk worth taking.

the Dall should win but will be closer than expected.

i see Tommy McIntyre is doind the Galls Lamhs match on tues night. i know he was maybe thinking that he'd be doing the senior game but he's a quality referee and will be in control from the start.

also thought that (Skinny) Cunning did a great job and is one for the future

You dead right MR, Colum  had an excellent game! very clinical in his approach. Thats why he headen for bigger things and that hes under 30 of course >:( Don,t leave it too long MR before you pull the black on again, good to see you get more involved on our side in the future, you will enjoy it. ;D