Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The man in the middle

Quote from: Tóin ghruagach on September 17, 2009, 03:03:52 PM
Quote from: The man in the middle on September 17, 2009, 02:48:40 PM
Jesus Queenie, what is your problem, be constructive at least about your issue with the Refs. Matthews, Elliott, Duffy, MC Intyre and Liam(Herbie) are the national referees in the county. All the lads work hard at their games, and Tommy has a even bigger problem with the admin and appointments. Christ its nearly a FT occupation, MR! Colm Cunning is now doing the Intermediate, Ray is injured and may be out for some time, Speedy is doing the junior and we all feel that Tommy or Owen will get the Senior. Now that stops all the guesswork. Minor may go to Liam and M "B" is anybodys guess.

Why take a pop at Rays personal situation, whatever you feel he may or may not look like has now relevance on his experience and ability to control a good game, catch a grip Queenie and lets have a constructive approach and we will engage if the issues are relevant.

Well said, sir.  Who is the "we" in "we all"? Is it a group of refs, players, officials?

Delighted that Speedy got the Junior final and young Cunning has potential so all in all good calls.

Some of us decided to make it a collective forum to give a more realistic view so to speak, each to their own but at the same time not take or engage in any old S*** that some posters like to throw!!

Quote from: NAG1 on September 17, 2009, 02:58:27 PM
Jesus Queenie, what is your problem, be constructive at least about your issue with the Refs. Matthews, Elliott, Duffy, MC Intyre and Liam(Herbie) are the national referees in the county. All the lads work hard at their games, and Tommy has a even bigger problem with the admin and appointments. Christ its nearly a FT occupation, MR! Colm Cunning is now doing the Intermediate, Ray is injured and may be out for some time, Speedy is doing the junior and we all feel that Tommy or Owen will get the Senior. Now that stops all the guesswork. Minor may go to Liam and M "B" is anybodys guess.

Why take a pop at Rays personal situation, whatever you feel he may or may not look like has now relevance on his experience and ability to control a good game, catch a grip Queenie and lets have a constructive approach and we will engage if the issues are relevant.

Just curious MITM, one of my bug bears as the rest of the lads on here will testify to is this business of pulling the ball on in the air. It is one that I feel that the refs have difficulty in determining someone who is going for the ball and someone who is pulling early and low just to do damage.
Is this something that is raised at meetings between yourselves or what is your view on it?

Thats always a difficult one NAG, because as MR said some of us Refs played and some stopped at an earlier stage, it does come down to interpretation and Intent, i.e. Did the player intend to inflict injury or was it dangerous to an opponent/play etc etc. have no wish to get technical/rule bookie over it, thats not whats its about. Look at Micko Heron as a perfect example, great skill etc he uses 1 handed swings, he has the skill for this and 9 times out of 10 he doubles perfectly, however some of my cooleagues may see this as Danger to an opponent, i do not personally, my view is that he has the skill to perform the action with no intended malice, again others may disagree and here lies the bug of all "Consistency" among Refs. My National Colleagues i feel would tend to let it go. Hope thats a start Nag

the colonel

Quote from: gelvis on September 17, 2009, 02:40:33 PM
Quote from: BallBuster on September 17, 2009, 12:07:01 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on September 17, 2009, 12:00:47 PM
Has something I said offended you in some way BB. Whats with the attitude?

Whenever you can provide a concise perspective on what you think needs to be done and why then I'll reply although you'd do well to see if you can find any reference I made to stop playing hurling at compeditive levels before you start. I'll let you have the floor for a while if you are able to say anything constructive. Lets be having you.

Stop evading the issues/questions Skull.  !!!!!!!!!!

Quite clear then what Ballbusters objectives are.  Name like that your only here to stir things up and talk pure pish.  By singling out MR, Skull and someone else in your first post, you immediately set your targets on who to annoy.  Sort of boy that sits at the bar telling the young ones that "when I was playing it wouldn't have been done like that at all..."

Colonel what ever happened to that young Brick fella, thought he was back hurling for youse again this year?  Seemed like the boy to have made the difference in the A.I. semi last year as youse were one panel member off Croker.

He done his cruciate after about 10 minutes in his championship debut this year against South Antrim, real pity, had been going well. Would have been a regular starter all year if fit. Prob won't be back until May next year. He was on the line on Sunday past so its good that he's staying about. Kind of player we need for the future. Still u21 next year
the difference between success and failure is energy

Tóin ghruagach

Some of us decided to make it a collective forum to give a more realistic view so to speak, each to their own but at the same time not take or engage in any old S*** that some posters like to throw!!

MITM, what does that man? Is iT that a group of refs have got together and are posting under the name of MITM?

I agree with your views in not taking any sh1t. Each ref gives his time freely and offers a service to this county and for good or ill they deserve our respect.

Personally, I hope Tommy gets the final as he has been out of the running for the last few years.

The man in the middle

Quote from: Tóin ghruagach on September 17, 2009, 04:24:56 PM

MITM, what does that man? Is iT that a group of refs have got together and are posting under the name of MITM?

I agree with your views in not taking any sh1t. Each ref gives his time freely and offers a service to this county and for good or ill they deserve our respect.

Personally, I hope Tommy gets the final as he has been out of the running for the last few years.

Well whoever gets it will i am sure want to do their best, no-matter what the opposing teams or supporters think. N0-one goes out to make a hash of it, their nerves will be shattered, just like the players no difference at all. After all its a county final for them also and people should remember that TG.As players all wish they have a great game, so too does the Referee.

BallBuster

Quote from: theskull1 on September 17, 2009, 12:26:00 PM
I have said I will reply whenever you give us all your concise perpsective on what you feels needs to be done across the whole spectrum of hurling in Antrim. Am I asking too much of you?

Again WTF is with the attitude?

Language please!  As I said I agree with a lot of what you have said about hurling development pertaining to quality coaching etc.  The Senior Hurler, Club v County dilema is a major contentious issue and sadly the clubs requirements will always prevail. 

No I dont think your asking too much at all, but I sense your attitude is somewhat abrasive and threatening.

Do you not have your pops and snide remarks at individuals who post here.  From what I can see, I am maybe in dialouge with the Godfather of the GaaBoard - Antrim Hurling forum?  I have e-mails passed on to me stating that you are the one who sanctions on who participates in this forum, so I suppose you really are the Don!

Remember though, I am a 'BallBuster'.

BallBuster

HI MITM

Yo must be a ref I take it.  Mathews, Elliott or The 'Terrible One' most likely.  Is you pic in the Atown News not enough for you?

Queenie will have to watch himself/herself now!

Tóin ghruagach

MITM, fair point about the ref's nerves being shattered before the County Final.

However, you haven't answered the question. Is MITM a ref on his own or a group of refs?

The reason I ask is that when we do have questions, and I'm sure that we will, we will know if we are directing them to an individual or are we getting the considered opinion of a group of our leading officials.

Good luck to everybody in tonight's finals. The Lamh Dhearg V St Galls match should be a great game.

Tóin ghruagach

Has anybody any info on the propsed 125 dinner in Nov?

aontroim

Quote from: Tóin ghruagach on September 18, 2009, 08:57:40 AM

This has been on the county website for a couple of weeks - http://antrim.gaa.ie/uploads/assets/125dinner.pdf

BallBuster

Quote from: Tóin ghruagach on September 18, 2009, 08:57:40 AM

Hi there old 'Hairy Hole'  - thats a strange name pal, you could get banned for that.

Yeah, wear a clean suit, collar and tie, bring plenty of money for the drink and some condoms, just in casey!

maxpower

Quote from: hatchetfield on September 18, 2009, 01:41:57 PM
Jesus, what is the craic with all these new posters coming on with an attitude and looking for a ruckus?  The hoganstand mustn't be posting any of your juvenile crap anymore so you have all come here instead.  This used to be a place for good discussion and debate - now it seems that there's a bunch of cheeky d**kheads on trying to stir everyone up.  No need for it whatsoever!

FS lads, just relax and stop looking for a fight

here here
What happens next????

bredaghgael86

I dont post a lot on this thread but i read it a good bit. it seems every so often someone who writes very similarly to others have been banned turns up and starts a load of nonsense. conversations with themselves etc.  The writing style of the few appear to be very similar, so it may not be 'boys' but just one boy. makes it a bit dull.

Anyway, what are the predictions for the c'ship finals? not sure about the junior but id say st.galls and the dall win win the other two.  Both will more than likely win ulster aswell.

theskull1

Hatchet...asking boys like Queenie and his sidekick to relax is pointless. They obviously have their agenda to try and rile...so common sense will not influence their behaviour too much.

I put a fair amount of detail into a post a page or two back about how in Antrim we should be focused solely on the development of standards over the next lot of years and what I think that would entail. I wouldn't mind hearing your comments on it. Something more informative and less schizophrenic than BB's comments would be great.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

milltown row

where has Hardstation gone? last post on the 12th!!!

is he Ballbeg?

BallBuster

Quote from: bredaghgael86 on September 18, 2009, 02:07:36 PM
I dont post a lot on this thread but i read it a good bit. it seems every so often someone who writes very similarly to others have been banned turns up and starts a load of nonsense. conversations with themselves etc.  The writing style of the few appear to be very similar, so it may not be 'boys' but just one boy. makes it a bit dull.

Anyway, what are the predictions for the c'ship finals? not sure about the junior but id say st.galls and the dall win win the other two.  Both will more than likely win ulster aswell.

There is no such thing as a 'bad boy' chum.  Circumstances and alledged people of influence, role models just make them seem bad!