Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maxpower

too be honest Queenie i think you should remove that post, at the very least it suggest tax evasion and is exactly the kind of post that gives this site such bad press

I think this is a grand site and quite often very informative, however once in a while someone posts something daft like this or allegations about the private lives of players/managers and the site loses serious credibility.

Also resent the constant implication that users of this site do nothing for the GAA, how do they know what we do, does coaching, refereeing, playing and supporting our club not consitute 'contributing to the GAA' or do you have to be in an admin position
What happens next????

NAG1

Exactly Max but I would imagine it only take one post like the one we have seen earlier to run the whole thing down.

Anyway Max is the other semi final going ahead in Dunloy?

theskull1

I always wonder why our County Administration seems so detached from the rest of GAA people running their clubs. They really don't appear very interested in what clubs are trying to achieve. Really when I think about it, alot of them don't actually look that interested in the game itself in any passionate way. Now that may just be me getting it totally wrong, I'm sure I'm not the only one who senses that. Most of the people who discuss Antrim Hurling here appear to be interested in the game itself and the betterment of it. I'd say there are very few internet only warriors on here who don't take their enthusiasm back into their clubs. If antrims admin can't see that then that tells me more about him that it says about this forum
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

maxpower

Quote from: NAG1 on September 04, 2009, 10:46:59 AM
Exactly Max but I would imagine it only take one post like the one we have seen earlier to run the whole thing down.

Anyway Max is the other semi final going ahead in Dunloy?

haven't heard anything yet, i think they are leaving it closer to the time to see how the weather holds up.  Pitch looks very wet.  needs a good week of dry weather
What happens next????

theskull1

Geordie from Armagh, who phones into Gerry Anderson now and then says it's going to be an indian summer in september so it's bound to turn good shortly

NAG1

Giving your age away badly there Skull listening to boyo!

theskull1

What age do people these days get scundered with the crap coming out of Radio 1 & Cool FM at? Was 21 for me  :). Gerry is the best DJ I've heard on radio by a country mile. Him then George Jones then Hugo

johnneycool

Quote from: theskull1 on September 04, 2009, 12:08:00 PM
What age do people these days get scundered with the crap coming out of Radio 1 & Cool FM at? Was 21 for me  :). Gerry is the best DJ I've heard on radio by a country mile. Him then George Jones then Hugo

Does your uncle Hugo love you Skull?   ;D

I'm a Gerry Ryan fan myself.

f**k we'd need that indian summer down our way as they had a slurry tanker taking water off our pitch last night, the wading birds were having a field day.

NAG1

Id say there would be very few pitches playable across the county at the moment.

NAG1

That was my idea that it could be someone sent to destroy from within maybe that is my paranoia kicking in.  :o

theskull1

For the record ..... George Jones is the worst, then all Cool FM DJ's, the Hugo... Do you boys not get sarcasm?  :)

johnneycool

Quote from: theskull1 on September 04, 2009, 03:02:41 PM
For the record ..... George Jones is the worst, then all Cool FM DJ's, the Hugo... Do you boys not get sarcasm?  :)

aye right Skull, you'll be ringing into Hugo when you're dung scaling the 'big hill' in your John Deere, i know the sort alright!

milltown row

Quote from: Queenie on September 03, 2009, 11:26:44 PM
Quote from: hardstation on September 03, 2009, 10:54:55 PM
As I read it. His first senior championship match with St. Gall's was 21 years ago. His first year with St. Gall's (and him a wee lad) was 1982.

Seems plausible.
Does'nt add up in my book!  21 years ago was his first year with St. Galls. 21 years ago was 1988.  St Galls played their first Ulster Championship in 1982 against Roslea. So where was he prior to 1988?

Ok make it simpler.  Where was the Ulster Final played and where was the All Ireland semi-final played?  What was the signifiicance about their first All Ireland semi-final?  Who was Chairman of St. Gall's at that time?

1988 i played my first Senior Championship hurling game v Sarsfields, it is now 2009 and that makes it 21 years having hurled at senior level. i was 16. i've been playing for St Galls since i was 11 and continue to do so. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz  history lesson over.

oh Clan Na gael from Rosscomon beat us in the winter of 83
what position and club did you play for?

Nemo

Sunday 13th Sept
SHC: Cushendall V Loughgiel 3.00pm @ Ballycastle

from the county website

Glensman

That's some going MR - fair play to you. Have you largely avoided injury over those years?
Hopefully you guys can lift the intermediate and get up there.
Would say your record would be hard to match.

Anyone ever read Gerry Anderson's autobiograpy? At least I think the auto bit is true. He was a wile man!
Assuming this is the same Gerry...can't access this at work:
www.fanderson.org.uk/bios/gerryanderson.html