Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theskull1

Ammunition for the County Board
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

milltown row

Skull will Dunloy turn it around for the final or will the winners of this years championship come from the other semi final?

NAG1

MR I would say it will be interesting serious record in finals when you look at it. Although Cushendall would still be good favourites they havent hit top gear either so I would say there would be much in it either way.

the colonel

Queenie, skull and NAG are right

Still no venue and time confirmed? How long can it take?

No one will know what the Loughguile team will be until the day of the game. Cushendall's also could have a change or two. The extra 2 weeks certainly shakes things up a bit
the difference between success and failure is energy

Queenie

Quote from: NAG1 on September 03, 2009, 03:56:23 PM
I think you just validated their point there in one swoop.

Ive said it before and I will say it again.
If you have nothing contructive to say about Antrim hurling then keep it shut.

I would advise you to remove that post.

Hi there NAG. should I take that as a threat.? Am I now likely to be outed as some other persons have been recently.  It appears that when certain things are said on here at times the powers that be in this forum get contributors banned.  The only difference on the county website, the moderators, for they are many, just dont print or answer.

It certainly seems to me that some individual on this forum are the all mighty and powerful who sanction the demise of posters on here.  " People in glass houses" and all that!  I know of a number of posters in recent and past times who have been gassed on here!  Who are you to advise anyone about keeping it shut?  Your beginning to sound like a well known county Doctor. Huh!
Are you a missionary or a mercenary?  Remember, tallk is cheap!

Queenie

Hi Widebal - ffs./Anailís

Will Loughguiel turn the Dall over?  I for one think they will.  They are still the sort of team who can turn it on, come the big occasion.

Come on Wideball/Anailís, I am eager to hear your views on the outcome?

Queenie

Quote from: Minder on September 02, 2009, 04:32:44 PM
If Glenarm did beat St Galls serious questions would have to be asked about the current manager, whoever he is.

As long as MR is not playing, on the line or with any degree of influence, St. Galls should come through.

milltown row

Quote from: Queenie on September 03, 2009, 06:29:37 PM
If Glenarm did beat St Galls serious questions would have to be asked about the current manager, whoever he is.

As long as MR is not playing, on the line or with any degree of influence, St. Galls should come through.

my senior playing days are over >:( my first year in 21 years that i didn't get my championship shirt. playing at junior level now were the craic is mighty.

Queenie, what position did you play in your prime?

Queenie

Quote from: milltown row on September 03, 2009, 06:38:57 PM

my senior playing days are over >:( my first year in 21 years that i didn't get my championship shirt. playing at junior level now were the craic is mighty.

Middle of the park in both codes, I was then - the strong athletic type, before my hormones got the better of me!

Queenie

You certainly were not playing for Naomh Gall for the 21 years.  I understand you came to St. Gall's when they were expereincing the good times.

milltown row

Quote from: Queenie on September 03, 2009, 06:48:47 PM

You certainly were not playing for Naomh Gall for the 21 years.  I understand you came to St. Gall's when they were expereincing the good times.

thats right my first year the seniors won the Ulster football final, beat Roslea.

late goal in the all Ireland semi final was our undoing >:(

good times have always been about

Queenie

Quote from: milltown row on September 03, 2009, 09:04:11 PM
Quote from: Queenie on September 03, 2009, 06:48:47 PM

thats right my first year the seniors won the Ulster football final, beat Roslea.

late goal in the all Ireland semi final was our undoing >:(

good times have always been about
I dont think so.  You say your with St. Gall's 21 years and you were involved with them when the won their first Ulster title and then beaten in All ireland Semi-final.  Well MR, that year was 1982, this is 2009, so without any further embarrassment and you a teacher, that is certainly more that 21 years!  So which club were you with then?

Queenie

Quote from: hardstation on September 03, 2009, 10:54:55 PM
As I read it. His first senior championship match with St. Gall's was 21 years ago. His first year with St. Gall's (and him a wee lad) was 1982.

Seems plausible.
Does'nt add up in my book!  21 years ago was his first year with St. Galls. 21 years ago was 1988.  St Galls played their first Ulster Championship in 1982 against Roslea. So where was he prior to 1988?

Ok make it simpler.  Where was the Ulster Final played and where was the All Ireland semi-final played?  What was the signifiicance about their first All Ireland semi-final?  Who was Chairman of St. Gall's at that time?

NAG1

Quote from: Queenie on September 03, 2009, 04:39:47 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on September 03, 2009, 03:56:23 PM
I think you just validated their point there in one swoop.

Ive said it before and I will say it again.
If you have nothing contructive to say about Antrim hurling then keep it shut.

I would advise you to remove that post.

Hi there NAG. should I take that as a threat.? Am I now likely to be outed as some other persons have been recently.  It appears that when certain things are said on here at times the powers that be in this forum get contributors banned.  The only difference on the county website, the moderators, for they are many, just dont print or answer.

Take it whatever way you like we were just discussing the fact that on here we are not out to ruin anyone personally or call them into question in a personal matter and then you come off with that rubbish. As I said before if you have nothing to say in regards to Antrim hulring wihtout being vindictive against people then my advise is that you dont say anything. You are simply giving the rest of the genuine posters on here a bad name, but maybe that is the purpose of you being here all along.

It certainly seems to me that some individual on this forum are the all mighty and powerful who sanction the demise of posters on here.  " People in glass houses" and all that!  I know of a number of posters in recent and past times who have been gassed on here!  Who are you to advise anyone about keeping it shut?  Your beginning to sound like a well known county Doctor. Huh!
Quote from: Queenie on September 03, 2009, 06:20:04 PM
Hi Widebal - ffs./Anailís

Will Loughguiel turn the Dall over?  I for one think they will.  They are still the sort of team who can turn it on, come the big occasion.

After that statment you have summed your knowledge up.   ;D

Lecale2