Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

If Glenarm did beat St Galls serious questions would have to be asked about the current manager, whoever he is.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

the colonel

Name : The Colonel02 September 2009Why was the time and venue not made available for the Loughgile v Cushendall game?

Obviously becuase that has not been decided yet. Perhaps other things need to be considered such as whether a double header could be held with this game depending on other results or what other games might be on at this date etc, etc. It seems that you prefer to assume that some underhand activity is ongoing here - when there isn't.

Just noticed this on the county website

obviously someone has read my previous post on here and put a query to the website. This isn't the first time in the last number of weeks a post has been put on from 'The Colonel', but it certainly wasn't myself!!
the difference between success and failure is energy

milltown row

Quote from: Minder on September 02, 2009, 04:32:44 PM
If Glenarm did beat St Galls serious questions would have to be asked about the current manager, whoever he is.

i know the man well Minder, he's alright :P

theskull1

You obviously don't know him well enough milltown.  :)
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

glens73

Quote from: the colonel on September 02, 2009, 04:58:26 PM
Name : The Colonel02 September 2009Why was the time and venue not made available for the Loughgile v Cushendall game?

Obviously becuase that has not been decided yet. Perhaps other things need to be considered such as whether a double header could be held with this game depending on other results or what other games might be on at this date etc, etc. It seems that you prefer to assume that some underhand activity is ongoing here - when there isn't.

Just noticed this on the county website

obviously someone has read my previous post on here and put a query to the website. This isn't the first time in the last number of weeks a post has been put on from 'The Colonel', but it certainly wasn't myself!!

The tone of that answer is terrible. Does this happen with other county boards on their forums?

Guillem2

The attitude of the Mods on that guest book stinks and there really is no need for it. If they don't like what someone contributes they don't post it anyway.
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

imtommygunn

Whoever moderates that site is an idiot. They have absolutely no manners.

I'm pretty sure they also post here. They avoid this page mostly though.

Every question is obviously a conspiracy. Judging by McSparran's speel he's just as bad.

Are some people on a discussion forum not allowed to discuss things??

milltown row

apparently not cause ya's do Fcuk all but sit behind computers and talk shite!!!

anyway, what a bollix of a night weather wise. cant see our game going ahead on friday night with the amount of rain that has fallen. the Johnnies play Creggan before our game and our ladies team play St Pauls on the thursday night, intermed. final. junior game may also be on before that!!!

johnneycool

Quote from: milltown row on September 02, 2009, 08:46:23 PM
apparently not cause ya's do Fcuk all but sit behind computers and talk shite!!!

anyway, what a bollix of a night weather wise. cant see our game going ahead on friday night with the amount of rain that has fallen. the Johnnies play Creggan before our game and our ladies team play St Pauls on the thursday night, intermed. final. junior game may also be on before that!!!

Our game with the Ports went ahead last night, pitch wasn't great and it rained incessantly throughout, Ports got two soft goals in the first half to open up a bit of a lead but we finally levelled nearing the end with the light failing very badly. You could argue that Owen Elliott blew it up early with possibly a few minutes still remaining due to injuries and what not and as we were certainly in the ascendency at that point but it was just too dark and he did the right thing IMO.
final core 2-6 to 0-12.
Surely this has to be the end of the evening fixtures as it was pitch black at 8.30pm.

NAG1

So is there still no definite date for the semi final yet then?

rashCharacter

I'd say the Communications and PR committe, listed on the Antrim site would give a good indication as to who is writing the ridiculous moderator posts.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: rashCharacter on September 03, 2009, 12:53:56 PM
I'd say the Communications and PR committe, listed on the Antrim site would give a good indication as to who is writing the ridiculous moderator posts.
Throw off your high cloak of anonymity rashcharacter. You are simply a demagogue who has nothing to offer the GAA.

See the board got an official mention on county board dispatches today...

Name : Peter Lavery03 September 2009

While i agree that this stuff needs to be challenged, i do have to agree with the previous poster. Often, some innocent, non-vitriolic, genuine questions are asked on this thing nd they are answeered in a cheeky manner and i think the previous poster is right in that this further enhances the 'us and them' mentality. However, in terms of the lambasters and the energy sappers, i think you're right - in fact i wouldn't give them any web space at all!!

I think also that sometimes we can be in danger of suggesting that all who participate in online forums are lumped in with the same crowd when this is simply not tue.

Website discussion forums are a dime a dozen now and are very popular all around the world - obviously people like discussing stuff!! As a regular enough contributor to the gaaboard.com, i find it mostly friendly, curteous, informative and very interesting. We get the chance to discuss what matters most to our hearts with other Gaels. In my case and in a lot of others' cases, you are talking about the heart and soul of clubs so i think that its unfair to say that contributors to such forums offer little. Alright there are some clampits on the thing lambasting individuals and certain clubs etc but often these people are pulled in line by genuine contributors and they definitley do not represent the majority as you find with most issues world wide.

The county board are Gaels like everyone including yourself and myself, we all contribute massively to the heart and soul of the GAA and we are all proud of it.

Response:
We have not at any stage lumped everyone into the same category but we would still maintain that the majority of posters have, do and will contribute little or nothing to the Association. The very forum you mentioned has had seriously defamatory and libellous tripe posted on it that has damaged families and individuals. Additionally, these forums achieve nothing because they are simply not the place to do business. Serious questions have to be asked about any forum that gives voice to those who refuse to identify themselves. That in our view is the most significant problem and why we will continue to moderate this site in the way it is most successfully done.

johnneycool

Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 03, 2009, 01:22:33 PM
Quote from: rashCharacter on September 03, 2009, 12:53:56 PM
Throw off your high cloak of anonymity rashcharacter. You are simply a demagogue who has nothing to offer the GAA.

See the board got an official mention on county board dispatches today...

Name : Peter Lavery03 September 2009

While i agree that this stuff needs to be challenged, i do have to agree with the previous poster. Often, some innocent, non-vitriolic, genuine questions are asked on this thing nd they are answeered in a cheeky manner and i think the previous poster is right in that this further enhances the 'us and them' mentality. However, in terms of the lambasters and the energy sappers, i think you're right - in fact i wouldn't give them any web space at all!!

I think also that sometimes we can be in danger of suggesting that all who participate in online forums are lumped in with the same crowd when this is simply not tue.

Website discussion forums are a dime a dozen now and are very popular all around the world - obviously people like discussing stuff!! As a regular enough contributor to the gaaboard.com, i find it mostly friendly, curteous, informative and very interesting. We get the chance to discuss what matters most to our hearts with other Gaels. In my case and in a lot of others' cases, you are talking about the heart and soul of clubs so i think that its unfair to say that contributors to such forums offer little. Alright there are some clampits on the thing lambasting individuals and certain clubs etc but often these people are pulled in line by genuine contributors and they definitley do not represent the majority as you find with most issues world wide.

The county board are Gaels like everyone including yourself and myself, we all contribute massively to the heart and soul of the GAA and we are all proud of it.

Response:
We have not at any stage lumped everyone into the same category but we would still maintain that the majority of posters have, do and will contribute little or nothing to the Association. The very forum you mentioned has had seriously defamatory and libellous tripe posted on it that has damaged families and individuals. Additionally, these forums achieve nothing because they are simply not the place to do business. Serious questions have to be asked about any forum that gives voice to those who refuse to identify themselves. That in our view is the most significant problem and why we will continue to moderate this site in the way it is most successfully done.

Well you could ask said moderator to identify themselves?

NAG1

NAG1

I think you just validated their point there in one swoop.

Ive said it before and I will say it again.
If you have nothing contructive to say about Antrim hurling then keep it shut.

I would advise you to remove that post.