Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syd The Sailor

Quote from: Guillem2 on March 23, 2007, 01:00:03 PM
Antrim : DD Quinn; B McAuley, M McCambridge, S Delargy; M Molloy, J Campbell, K Elliott; C Herron, B Herron; K McKeegan, N McManus, M Herron; B McFall, K Stewart, P Shields.

Winkers off the panel then? Hardly a surprise he's a great talent but a complete tosser. I have been up at Ballycastle recently is the new pitch capable of holding a big crowd and will you be able to see the game?

He went on the rip last weekend and didnt go to Tipp match so he got the hoof, he is aptly named by all accounts.....
"I coulda been a contender.....i could've been somebody"

Tony Baloney

Mickey McShane has said everyone has to make sure they bring their autograph books and cameras... is that for Sambo or for the Kilkenny players?!

Syd The Sailor

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 23, 2007, 02:16:15 PM
Mickey McShane has said everyone has to make sure they bring their autograph books and cameras... is that for Sambo or for the Kilkenny players?!

Terry probably thinks its for him but alas its not......

slow corner back

Guillem, there would be a better view at ballycastle than cushendall, raised terrace on two sides as opposed to one so if the crowds are similar there wil be no real problem. Also there is much more parking at Ballycastle. As for the team itself it looks very light on scoring forwards. Only McFall is a consistent score getter in that forward line. Shiels may eventually become one but he is too young at the minute to rely on. I also hope that someone is coaching Johnny Campbell how to stop a man solo running otherwise the Cats wil run straight down the middle of the field. Personally I would much rather see Karl Mckeegan at CHB with Paddy Richmond and Johnny Tosh ( if they are fit ) in the forward line. Kids are all very well but we need experienced consistent players.

youngfella

Its a bit ratty that ryan, neal or pinky, dont get a start in there own back yard. karls a great player why are they playing him out the wing and not in the centre?? that new pitch in the town looks massive god help the people doing the chasing!
Pull hard and early

North Antrim

Cant understand the logic of not playing McKeregan at centre back.The last 3 years Sambo has been writing in Irish News how great he was at centre back. Will Sambo give his young lad a chance surely. Shane must be in an awarkward position, training away getting no games but cant stop cos daddys in charge

youngfella

heard sambo's lad is handy, but for him to be on the team he'd have to be the best by a mile. mc manus is good at club level seen him play. but surely someone with more strength would be better suited to chf. p richmond or pinky?? but its good to see the county arent being soft with winker hes got away with it for to long.
Pull hard and early

The Truth

Quote from: North Antrim on March 24, 2007, 02:19:03 PM
Cant understand the logic of not playing McKeregan at centre back.The last 3 years Sambo has been writing in Irish News how great he was at centre back. Will Sambo give his young lad a chance surely. Shane must be in an awarkward position, training away getting no games but cant stop cos daddys in charge

Karl may clear ball at CHB but he lets his man run riot and is a very loose marker, your first job as a back is to stop your man......
"We serve neither King nor Kaiser"

slow corner back

Truth, do you consider Johnny Campbell a good man marker? For my money Mckeegan would be a much better bet at CHB. With regards to Shane MCNaughton he is OK but nothing more than that. We already have two teenagers in the forward line in Shiels and McManus we dont need a third.

The Truth

Quote from: slow corner back on March 24, 2007, 07:06:47 PM
Truth, do you consider Johnny Campbell a good man marker? For my money Mckeegan would be a much better bet at CHB. With regards to Shane MCNaughton he is OK but nothing more than that. We already have two teenagers in the forward line in Shiels and McManus we dont need a third.

I wouldnt even have Johhny Campbell on the team never mind CHB but it still doesent change my opinion about Mc Keegan.
"We serve neither King nor Kaiser"

mightysaffrons

was result as bad as it sounds??

Syd The Sailor

Quote from: mightysaffrons on March 25, 2007, 04:13:38 PM
was result as bad as it sounds??

As far as i know it was, we only scored twice from play i think. There can be no excuses about playing conditions today. I said last week that  after today we have a better idea of where we were at as i wouldnt read too much into last weeks match due to the conditions. But judging by the result it sounds grim, and with Dublin (they beat Limerick today) up next it isnt getting any easier........No doubt we will get the usual "They are only young lads" crap threw at us after the game by Terry & Woody

slow corner back

From the moment Eddie Brennan goaled after 1 minute the result was never in doubt. Antrim kept plugging away but just were not good enough. the result was probably a true reflection.

Syd The Sailor

Quote from: slow corner back on March 25, 2007, 04:22:30 PM
From the moment Eddie Brennan goaled after 1 minute the result was never in doubt. Antrim kept plugging away but just were not good enough. the result was probably a true reflection.

They said on the radio Brennan gave Elliott a torrid time, fair comment?

Ruairi Og exile

Couldnt beliebe Kenin Elliott was kept on Brennan until 5 or 10 mins into the second when he was taken. Though Brennan was flying. Couldnt understand why they played the 3rd midfielder, every ball they played to the full forward line was picked by the spare man..the full back. Match was over when goal scored. Only 3 points from play, all from Michael Herron in the second half