Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

north aontroim gael

Quote from: NAG1 on September 01, 2009, 08:22:44 AM
Peggy any chance we could leave the txt speak for the HS?

I think it would be a disgrace if this fixture is not played at the weekend, simply to suit all the officials yearly gravy trip to croke park for the weekend. Get it played on the saturday evening whereever.

As for LW's suspension as he was sent off in the championship he automatically misses the next game in said competition so it doesnt matter when the game is played in that regard.

The other semi final was a drab enough affair but if you take it that dunloy were 9 points up in the first half and then conceded what they would feel were 3 sloppy goals that would be an 18 point swing in my calculations. Fair play to Glenarrife for putting it up to them but I would say the bell is being rung to early on this Dunloy team. Still would have Cushendall as good favourites for the title.

With regards Winkers suspension, he missed the Rossa game so I would imagine if the Cushendall game is not played this week he will be eligible to play.  Can't see the game taking place this weekend at all as the amunt of people who will have made plans for trips to the All Ireland wouldn't justify having it.  I'm sure both clubs have a few players away.  I'd say the following week is more likely.

NAG1

We cant start organising our championship around who has booked a weekend away, it could be played on the friday evening or on the saturday and still give people time to do their own thing.

I have to say if I was directly involved I would be looking to have it played this weekend.

maxpower

Would have to agree that i believe it should have to be played this week, i thought all these games allowed for draws and already had replay dates set aside.  Perhaps this replay date was for Wednesday and circumstances may not have allowed for the game to take place on this night.

It should fall in the next available night which would be Thurs/Fri.  However if it was put back 2 weeks it would allow both teams more time to get injured players back and could prove to be a belter of a game.

One thing i can't understand is that 2 games where called off over the weekend and yet one was refixed very promptly yet the other needs to go to County Board meeting
What happens next????

Nemo

Never twigged onto that Max, does seem strange why one game can be fixed so quickly yet the other cant.

anyone any good contacts to find out whats going on.

Peggy

apparently the county wanted to fix the game for friday night in ballycaslte but lguile said that if the fixture was to go ahead they wouldnt be turning up as they have a player away somewhere so there is a dispute over when it will be..hence the meeting!

Cushendall have players away the following week to as it was supposed to be a fixture free date, the game could have been played tomorrow night as young Marks burial is tomorrow morning but then you have to take into consideration that there are alot of players which will be effected by his loss so maybe tomorrow night wouldnt be fair to them.

maxpower

think it would be asking a bit much of cushendall to play on a wednesday night after just coming from a funeral of a clubman, for me it was Thurs or Fri night as recently happened with our own club, i would take it too Casement as the evening light is dissapearing fast
What happens next????

Peggy

have to agree maxpower but god only knows what the county will come up with at the meeting, i personally think its a disgrace if its not played this week/weekend.  Winker is back for this weekend anyway. so he must have got his suspension dropped as it wasn't up until sunday..beats me how one club can get so many suspensions lifted in such a short period of time.

Nemo

i agree thats its a disgrace if its not played Thurs, Fri or Sat

as for L Watson, he was sent off on a sat, does his suspension end on the Fri night then.

Peggy

winker was sent of on a sunday so his suspension shouldnt have been up until 12o'clock saturday night but all the lguile people are saying he's already back so im assuming his suspension has been lifted if this is the case.

Nemo

Quote from: Peggy on September 01, 2009, 10:15:28 AM
winker was sent of on a sunday so his suspension shouldnt have been up until 12o'clock saturday night but all the lguile people are saying he's already back so im assuming his suspension has been lifted if this is the case.

yeah, your right, i was getting mixed up with the castle - n antrim game which was on the saturday.

didnt hear anything about it being up though

Peggy

it was apparently up on appeal the tues/wed night after the rossa game???? not sure for def

NAG1

Well either way if he plays or not I still dont see them having enough to get close to Cushendall.

Peggy

i think the lguile team play better without him.

milltown row

no reason why we can play at 7pm on friday night and Cushendall and Loughgiel play at 8.30 on after us in Casement. would be a good double bill

maxpower

would be the way to do it MR
What happens next????