Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wideball - ffs ref

Quote from: NAG1 on August 28, 2009, 01:34:05 PM
Now that would be a suprise, anyone taking odds on it though  :o

Any word on a 'plan b' if the weather continues to be as wet as it it today over the weekend?

Two options:

1. Stay at home so you dont get your hair wrecked.
2. Buy an umbrella
Doc John, surely Hamill will not be that cheap!

wideball - ffs ref

Quote from: Guillem2 on August 28, 2009, 01:32:06 PM
Glenariffe have some good forwads but Dunloy will still beat them handy enough. I'd say 7-8 pts in it at the end.

I'm predicting an surpriset in the second match.  Loughgiel will finish with 15 men.

It could be a lot worse, St. Johns could be playing!

wideball - ffs ref

I see the 'Terry (ible) one' is reffing the IHC between Shanes and St. Galls.  FFS, is that the best (worst) we've got?

theskull1

So you want the best referees overseeing the intermediate championship? That makes sense.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

wideball - ffs ref

Quote from: theskull1 on August 28, 2009, 06:58:34 PM
So you want the best referees overseeing the intermediate championship? That makes sense.
No Skull, you misinterpret me.  Just appoint a competent and honest referee, who is impartial, thats all.

twotwocharlie

anyone interested in swaping two football tickets for two hurling tickets (all ireland).
just send me a pm

many thanks

wideball - ffs ref

Quote from: twotwocharlie on August 28, 2009, 08:57:39 PM
anyone interested in swaping two football tickets for two hurling tickets (all ireland).
just send me a pm

many thanks

Have you tried Noel Edmunds, Joe Kavanaghs?  Now what hurling person would want two fecking bogball tickets for two hurling tickets, are you serious!

milltown row

Quote from: wideball - ffs ref on August 28, 2009, 08:32:06 PM
No Skull, you misinterpret me.  Just appoint a competent and honest referee, who is impartial, thats all.

Terry is a good referee, I've no problem with him refereeing our game on sat night.

referees don't influence games, if the game is close some teams my feel that certain calls go against them. does anyone think that a referee at this level cares who wins?

having managed teams for a number of years and refereed for the last two years, i know what its like. me personally i feel as long as the referee is consistant in his calls then everyone is happy.

Spirit of 94

Quote from: milltown row on August 28, 2009, 11:14:25 PM
Quote from: wideball - ffs ref on August 28, 2009, 08:32:06 PM

Terry is a good referee, I've no problem with him refereeing our game on sat night.

referees don't influence games, if the game is close some teams my feel that certain calls go against them. does anyone think that a referee at this level cares who wins?

having managed teams for a number of years and refereed for the last two years, i know what its like. me personally i feel as long as the referee is consistant in his calls then everyone is happy.
Stick to the refereeing. Sounds like you're cut out for it.

Guillem2

He is.

Somebody has to do it, and he actually does it quite well.
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

Spirit of 94

Didnt know his daughter was on here as well

twotwocharlie

wideball two football FOR two hurling

shithead

Queenie

Lads, just wakened up, late night too much" Amber Nectar"! Still pinching myself from info passed last night. I am a city man through and through, but to appoint "Aiden Hammill" as the new Antrim Hurling Manager is just absolutely ridiculous!! Its a joke the man is a Skit-so, and the North Antrim lads will and should not wear it. The is purely a financial based decision i believe, he cost nothing! Are we ever going to learn, we need to go outside and get what ever money can buy, the footballers proved it, and don,t tell me baker is not getting paid! Get Real.

Another year ahead of what might be, he is not the man for the job, thats it just plain and simple, MC Sparren needs a physic profile along with Hammill.

WBFFSR what your take on this, maybe you will leave the Refs alone for a while and get back to real issues!!!!!!!
Are you a missionary or a mercenary?  Remember, tallk is cheap!

milltown row

Quote from: Queenie on August 29, 2009, 09:46:26 AM
Lads, just wakened up, late night too much" Amber Nectar"! Still pinching myself from info passed last night. I am a city man through and through, but to appoint "Aiden Hammill" as the new Antrim Hurling Manager is just absolutely ridiculous!! Its a joke the man is a Skit-so, and the North Antrim lads will and should not wear it. The is purely a financial based decision i believe, he cost nothing! Are we ever going to learn, we need to go outside and get what ever money can buy, the footballers proved it, and don,t tell me baker is not getting paid! Get Real.

Another year ahead of what might be, he is not the man for the job, thats it just plain and simple, MC Sparren needs a physic profile along with Hammill.

WBFFSR what your take on this, maybe you will leave the Refs alone for a while and get back to real issues!!!!!!!

is this true or did you have too much 'amber nectar' last night?

Cant see Hamill taking this job on.

Queenie

Source is a good one MR, seriously i cant believe it myself, deal done a few weeks back, now that he is retired he has too much time in between physic assessments, so MC Sparren at KOC meeting must have offered the job, so my source says, who i think is a KOC and active in Club Antrim etc etc. Sounded plausible last night, he new too much detail to be BS******G!

We just go from Bad to Worse, what chance have we now, North Antrim will not like the Balloon telling them how it is, Hamill is a one man band, and won,t be told what to do as we city men know, MC Sparren is a cute Whore! Joe Edwards appointment bears that out.
Are you a missionary or a mercenary?  Remember, tallk is cheap!