Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nemo

god this is great stuff

really has brightened up my Wednesday afternoon at work.

wideball, was that text from Holywell - i think they are looking you back. ;D

any chat about the games, why not talk about teams etc rather the Refs.

someone mentioned Cushendall missing a few as well - who are they. should be a very interesting game, which i think loughgiel will nick it by a couple of points

Dunloy i think will run out easy winners on the other side (depending on weather)

Queenie

Irrespective of your comments wbfffs, i would love to see the Shamrocks do it, i think they deserve it and the club needs it, Shamrocks by 2 and Dunloy by 10 and yes lets discuss the teams and leave the officials out of it. Whats your prediction wbffs
Are you a missionary or a mercenary?  Remember, tallk is cheap!

milltown row

just back from our local derby match with St Paul's at milltown, won the match 3-10 to 0-12. tough encounter considering we were missing a load. (we wanted it off for preparation for sat night) think a lot of teams got games off.

think if St Paul's put in that type of display against Lamhs on Sunday they could get to the final. St Johns have made it interesting in div one beating the Crans tonight.

Gerard Robinson did our game tonight and did well, looks like he's lost weight :D.  got most of the calls right (i did torture him a bit) and our lads have come through unscathed for sat night.

milltown row

Gerard is  Johnnies man through and through

Lecale2

Quote from: hardstation on August 26, 2009, 10:52:42 PM
Hmm, who is his wife? Have I not seen his kids wear St. Gall's hoodies in Casement?
That was a punishment.

bredaghgael

Bredagh Talks Sam and Liam-Wellington Park Hotel @8.30pm Thurs 3rd Sept
Regular guest Joe Brolly will be joined this year by fellow Derry man and Antrim Football Manager Liam Bradley,
Armagh's Oisin Mc Conville,Radio Ulster's Lynnette Fay,Tyrone's Ryan Mc Menamin and Cork's All-Ireland Hurling winning Captain in 1990,RTE Hurling analyst Tomás Mulcahy.
Throw-in @ 8.30pm and MC for the event will be Jerome Quinn.

Tickets £10 to include entry to a draw for two All-Ireland Hurling Final tickets and two All-Ireland Football Final tickets

theskull1

5 to 1   :-[

I thought Bredagh were trying to promote the game in South Belfast
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

NAG1

That kind of tokenism really gets my goat, why bother. If they just want to talk football thats fine but why promote it as both Hurling and Football forum and then weight the panel like that.

nearlymad

Quote from: NAG1 on August 27, 2009, 03:21:56 PM
That kind of tokenism really gets my goat, why bother. If they just want to talk football thats fine but why promote it as both Hurling and Football forum and then weight the panel like that.

Taking the attendance at the Ulster Finals as a barometer.Football would appear to have a majority following of at least 10:1. The reality is that Football in Ulster is more popular than Hurling.

theskull1

You don't say  ::)

Tell me what has that got to do with either mine or NAG1's comments specifically
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

milltown row

lads if these guys had their way they'd get rid of our national sport. and the continual excuse that attendances at football games is higher is because counties up north don't promote hurling or the media pay it lip service on a Thursday!!!

NAG1

So lads, can anyone see an upset in either game, IMO Dunloy will probably ease past Glenariffe but not by as much as originally thought with the under foot conditions making for tricky conditions.

Loughgiel will probably make a fight of it to half time, dont think it will be big scoring either but I expect cushendall to win playing well within themselves.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: NAG1 on August 28, 2009, 08:34:11 AM
So lads, can anyone see an upset in either game, IMO Dunloy will probably ease past Glenariffe but not by as much as originally thought with the under foot conditions making for tricky conditions.

Loughgiel will probably make a fight of it to half time, dont think it will be big scoring either but I expect cushendall to win playing well within themselves.
No. Dunloy by 5, Dall by 2.

Guillem2

Glenariffe have some good forwads but Dunloy will still beat them handy enough. I'd say 7-8 pts in it at the end.

I'm predicting an surpriset in the second match.  Loughgiel will finish with 15 men.
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

NAG1

Now that would be a suprise, anyone taking odds on it though  :o

Any word on a 'plan b' if the weather continues to be as wet as it it today over the weekend?