Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lecale2

You'd wonder why Antrim never won an All Ireland with those players? A golden generation wasted.

johnneycool

/www.gaainfo.com/county.php?co=antrim

Eddie    McCormack Loughgeil shamrocks thirds

north aontroim gael

Brian Mc Avoy - Loughgiel Shamrocks (Shop) Keeper

NAG1

Still no word on any possible candidates for the county job?

As for the weekends matches are they going to be as predictable as they look on paper?

maxpower

Do they look predictable this weekend, as usual i'll not comment on Dunloys game but certainly the other one should be a close run thing.

How are Loughgiel on the injury front?  I can't agree that cushendalls missing players are as important as the Loughgiel quartet that are rumoured to be missing

For that reason, and as champions they have the pedigree, i'll go for a dall victory.  Although with all the pressure off the shamrocks they could be a dangerous proposition
What happens next????

JamesH

Max, all our missing players are prov-en winners, that is why i believe they are as important to us as the Loughgiel missing players but i also can see your point because Loughgiel depend too heavily on those few.
I was talking to a county official on Monday and there is no truth in the Owen Elliott story, "he is not and will not be suspended as he has no case to answer". The officials are a bit peeved that Loughgiel have spun their version of the chc meeting which was clearly done to muddy the waters. Its very intresting that our undercover cameraman(anilis) hasn't been heard of for a number of weeks, if fact since he muddyed those particular waters. A useful Gael that boy.

NAG1

Yeah JameH but sure they have been getting away with that kind of thing for years.

Who have you got missing for the weekend, if you dont win comfortably I will be very suprised even with the weather doing its upmost to make the games at the weekend a mud bath.

Minder

Glenariffe have had their league game against Ahoghill called off tonight, which should help preparations.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

wideball - ffs ref

Quote from: NAG1 on August 26, 2009, 02:11:12 PM
Yeah JameH but sure they have been getting away with that kind of thing for years.

Who have you got missing for the weekend, if you dont win comfortably I will be very suprised even with the weather doing its upmost to make the games at the weekend a mud bath.
Being a tad hard on us Loughgeil people, dont you think?
Doc John, surely Hamill will not be that cheap!

wideball - ffs ref

Still no sign of the referee appointments for Sundays Senior Hurling Chamionship semis.  I hope it's not that hoor Mathews or Duffy.They should appoint Elliot and Hasson if you ask me, two pair of safe hands. ;)  And if they are really stuck, thay could send for the Terry(ible) Reilly one!  Spare the thought!  - His gear still has not turned up though.  Anybody see a Gorts many trying to flog referees gear around the Turk or the Rock?

wideball - ffs ref

The County could always re-appoint Jingo or Nelson?.  If Shane Elliot took it, us Loughgeil fellas would not get a look in! >:(

I certainly think an NA man would be better than a fecking SityClicker!  Could you imagine, someone like Sean McGuinness, oooh, aaaah, dahhhhhhh!

NAG1

Dont think so, where is the form that tells us that Loughgiel minus JC, JaC, JS & LW are going to be able to put it up to Cushendall? Having watched the match in Casement I cant see it maybe I am wrong but on that showing cant see it.

wideball - ffs ref

Quote from: NAG1 on August 26, 2009, 03:41:30 PM
Dont think so, where is the form that tells us that Loughgiel minus JC, JaC, JS & LW are going to be able to put it up to Cushendall? Having watched the match in Casement I cant see it maybe I am wrong but on that showing cant see it.

NAG, dont forget, championship is championship, sure anything could happen on the day.  granted Loughheil were slow to start against Rossa, but Cushendall were also very slow in getting their act together against the Gorts.  Anything is possibible on any given Sunday!

wino

Quote from: Minder on August 26, 2009, 02:57:53 PM
Glenariffe have had their league game against Ahoghill called off tonight, which should help preparations.
Quote from: wideball - ffs ref on August 26, 2009, 03:10:36 PM

Is there something wrong with you 2 (NAG1 and JamesH) - you talk steady about fair play and how you are whiter than white and continually have a dig at Loughgiel. Bit hypocritical I think.
You obviously have no real knowledge of Loughgiel Hurling - they have been a very successful club who provide the people of our parish with a great pastime. They help to bring our young people up as proud Irish men and women with strong traditions in GAA - much the same as Cushendall I would imagine.
As far as OE is concerned if he is guilty then I'm sure he will be dealt with accordingly, if he is innocent then he has nothing to worry about - answer me this, why are you 2 coming out in such strong support of him - do you have some close relationship with him?

wideball - ffs ref

Quote from: wino on August 26, 2009, 03:49:22 PM
Quote from: Minder on August 26, 2009, 02:57:53 PM

Is there something wrong with you 2 (NAG1 and JamesH) - you talk steady about fair play and how you are whiter than white and continually have a dig at Loughgiel. Bit hypocritical I think.
You obviously have no real knowledge of Loughgiel Hurling - they have been a very successful club who provide the people of our parish with a great pastime. They help to bring our young people up as proud Irish men and women with strong traditions in GAA - much the same as Cushendall I would imagine.
As far as OE is concerned if he is guilty then I'm sure he will be dealt with accordingly, if he is innocent then he has nothing to worry about - answer me this, why are you 2 coming out in such strong support of him - do you have some close relationship with him?
Well said Wino!  Sure isn't this indicative of all that is wrong in our county.  Parish/club rivalry!  Can we all not learn from the Shinners in the big smoke (hypocritical b**tards).