Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slow corner back

I know Hooker personally and if hes running Loughgiel he certainly will not take any shit from anyone. However whether he has the tactical nous to bring Loughgiel over the finishing line remains to be seen. One thing is certain though he will put some fire in their bellies and make them more physical. Personally I thought the biggest indictment of Loughgiel last year was when watson was taken out off the ball at the end of the first half of the county final, not one player in a red shirt lifted a finger to do anything about it. A very poor sign of a side when you dont stand up for each other.

North Antrim

Thats a fair point Slow.....one big drawback wit shams is that tey dont have any real leaders, like no karl mckeegan, jim connolly (rossa), gary okane a talisman who will lead them to the promised land. U said u know hooker. Aye only know him to see. He was a real tough player in his day and im sure hewill want his team playing a hard game!!! cud be interesting. Loughguile probv have 10 others men wit him!! Whoses alomg way him

Vlad The Impaler

North Antrim......Go and consult a dictionary or else go to the North Antrim site with your text speak and strange grasp of English. So at the start of each year the Shamrocks main aim is Ulster League/Antrim League and winning the championship is a nice bonus??? Dont talk such shite......

Antrim__Lad

Quote from: Vlad The Impaler on March 21, 2007, 10:55:47 PM
North Antrim......Go and consult a dictionary or else go to the North Antrim site with your text speak and strange grasp of English. So at the start of each year the Shamrocks main aim is Ulster League/Antrim League and winning the championship is a nice bonus??? Dont talk such shite......

Vlad i have never heard so much rubbish, How can you believe any of the top 4 -5 teams main aim is the League, the main aim of each team is most certainly the Championship, anything else just doesnt count at all.

ps North Antrim - Karl McKeegan a leader, love to know where you get that idea from. but agree loughgiel dont have any leaders

also watch out for Dunloy this year, not too many people mentioning them. i think i will be a tight championship this year.

Syd The Sailor

Quote from: Antrim__Lad on March 22, 2007, 09:29:00 AM
Quote from: Vlad The Impaler on March 21, 2007, 10:55:47 PM

Vlad i have never heard so much rubbish, How can you believe any of the top 4 -5 teams main aim is the League, the main aim of each team is most certainly the Championship, anything else just doesnt count at all.

ps North Antrim - Karl McKeegan a leader, love to know where you get that idea from. but agree loughgiel dont have any leaders

also watch out for Dunloy this year, not too many people mentioning them. i think i will be a tight championship this year.

Antrim lad, go back and read Vlad's post,do you not see they way he questions "North Antrim" about saying most clubs would be happy to win Ulster & Antrim League, can you not see the way he  finishes his post with "Dont talk such shite", I will let you off since you are new to the board......
"I coulda been a contender.....i could've been somebody"

maxpower

theskull thats what could/should make the leagues competitive this year, alot of competition for places in teams

it all depends on the schedule of matches, we'll see how it goes
What happens next????

theskull1

Quote from: North Antrim on March 21, 2007, 10:34:13 PM
U said u know hooker. ......... He was a real tough player in his day

Tough he may have been but not the first word that comes to mind when I recall his playing days. He pulled some low judas blows in his day. I don't think there's much debate about that. It remains to be seen what qualities he will bring to the loughguile this year as manager.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Tony Baloney

In Loughgiel tough and dirty mean the same thing!  :-*

Syd The Sailor

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 22, 2007, 03:05:33 PM
In Loughgiel tough and dirty mean the same thing!  :-*

I see Winker Watson got the boot for not turning up to the Tipperary match and choosing to spend the weekend in the plush surroundings of The Pound getting airlocked......

Syd The Sailor

There is a team posted on Hoganstand today for match on Sunday, Karl Stewart full forward, Karl Mc Keegan half forward, just wondering is this the team thats been named ?

milltown row

i thought Karl Stewart was injured. is the team named. i thought that the team would be named tonight

Syd The Sailor

Quote from: milltown row on March 23, 2007, 11:36:17 AM
i thought Karl Stewart was injured. is the team named. i thought that the team would be named tonight

The team was being named last night, you know what they are like on Hogan stand though, so its hard to tell if its the official team or not.....

Out in Front

Antrim Hurling Team v Killkenny
Sunday 25 March @ 2pm Ballycastle

1.   DD QUINN      
2.   BARNEY Mc AULEY        
3.   MICHAEL Mc CAMBRIDGE      
4.   SEAN DELARGY  CAPT.      
5.   MALACHY MOLLOY      
6.   JOHNNY CAMPBELL       
7.   KEVIN ELLIOTT      
8.   CIARAN HERRON      
9.   BRENDAN HERRON      
10.   KARL Mc KEEGAN      
11.   NEIL Mc MANUS      
12.   MICHAEL HERRON      
13.   BRIAN Mc FALL      
14.   KARL STEWART      
15.   PAUL SHIELDS      
16.   RYAN Mc GARRY      
17.   KIERAN KELLY      
18.   ARRON GRAFFIN      
19.   NEAL Mc AULEY      
20.   MICKEY KETTLE      
21.   BARRY Mc FALL      
22.   SHANE Mc NAUGHTON      
23.   PADDY Mc GILL      
24.   JAMES Mc KEAGUE      
25.   MARTIN SCULLION      
26.   PADDY RICHMOND      
27.   SIMON Mc CRORY      
28.   COLM DUFFIN      
29.   SEAN BURKE      
30.   JOHNNY Mc INTOSH      

mightysaffrons

take it that is the panel for the year???????

Guillem2

Antrim : DD Quinn; B McAuley, M McCambridge, S Delargy; M Molloy, J Campbell, K Elliott; C Herron, B Herron; K McKeegan, N McManus, M Herron; B McFall, K Stewart, P Shields.

Winkers off the panel then? Hardly a surprise he's a great talent but a complete tosser. I have been up at Ballycastle recently is the new pitch capable of holding a big crowd and will you be able to see the game?
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.