Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Two Hands FFS

Everyone seems to be forgetting Dunloy...very quiet over there for the last few months & keeping a low profile. I'd expect them to come through against Ballycastle & then Glenariffe in the semi final. They had a good win v Ballycran last week in the league....they haven't had many players(2 or 3) at the county so they would be training away & last year would have hurt them geting beat by Loughgiel in the semi final. Dont take any notice of any defeat by Rossa in the Ulster league.

Cushendall will be favourites to beat Loughgiel....but this time Loughgiel will be the underdogs & this will suit them. No-one expects them to win so there wont be as much pressure on them.

Queenie

Quote from: hatchetfield on August 16, 2009, 05:28:19 PM
f**k sake cut boys a bit of slack hey boy.  60+ boys went out and hurled last night, your predictions were right but sure who wouldn't have predicted what happened.  Stop your antics, not a bit of wonder noone likes yez

Sure every body really loves the Johnnies, dont they, I dont think so pal!
Are you a missionary or a mercenary?  Remember, tallk is cheap!

Queenie

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on August 17, 2009, 10:09:52 PM
Everyone seems to be forgetting Dunloy...very quiet over there for the last few months & keeping a low profile. I'd expect them to come through against Ballycastle & then Glenariffe in the semi final. They had a good win v Ballycran last week in the league....they haven't had many players(2 or 3) at the county so they would be training away & last year would have hurt them geting beat by Loughgiel in the semi final. Dont take any notice of any defeat by Rossa in the Ulster league.

Cushendall will be favourites to beat Loughgiel....but this time Loughgiel will be the underdogs & this will suit them. No-one expects them to win so there wont be as much pressure on them.

I think Ballycastle could be thre real dark horse this year.  Everybody seems to be writing them off, but they look like a big physical team.  Time will tell!
Are you a missionary or a mercenary?  Remember, tallk is cheap!

wideball - ffs ref

Hi Queenie, FFS wise Up! Have you nothing positive to contribute here, whats your problem?
Hatchet - ignore the qu**r bollocks, he sounds like a disgruntled St. Johns person!
Doc John, surely Hamill will not be that cheap!

THE DADGA

anyone know wat odds the bookies are givin loughgiel to win the championship?

NAG1

Quote from: wino on August 17, 2009, 09:49:10 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on August 17, 2009, 10:15:05 AM
Cushendall doing their usual stuttering through the early stages.

Loughgiel dont seem to have the heart anymore for it, when was the last time they finished any game with 15 players on the field?

I think your right NAG1 - Cushendall are hot favourites for the title again.
Not so sure about finishing games with 15 players - thats a bit low. Have the Dall never had a man sent off for 2 yellows?

Wino,
Wasnt supposed to be a low blow it was merely a question about when they last finished with the full compliment. My point being that with the two Campbells injured that they cant afford to lose any more players to suspension. Also the question must be asked about the displine of the team when they lose players so regualrly.

Nemo

Quote from: NAG1 on August 18, 2009, 08:37:38 AM
Quote from: wino on August 17, 2009, 09:49:10 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on August 17, 2009, 10:15:05 AM
Cushendall doing their usual stuttering through the early stages.

Loughgiel dont seem to have the heart anymore for it, when was the last time they finished any game with 15 players on the field?

I think your right NAG1 - Cushendall are hot favourites for the title again.
Not so sure about finishing games with 15 players - thats a bit low. Have the Dall never had a man sent off for 2 yellows?

Wino,
Wasnt supposed to be a low blow it was merely a question about when they last finished with the full compliment. My point being that with the two Campbells injured that they cant afford to lose any more players to suspension. Also the question must be asked about the displine of the team when they lose players so regualrly.

i would have to agree with you NAG - not wanting to dwell on the sending off, but IMO it should have been a straight Red, but aside from that i found it disgusting that a large number of supporters applauded the player as he came off the pitch (this also happens im sure with other clubs)

on the championship - i think Dunloy are favourites in my book, not alot been said about them and they have Championship winning pedigree. Cushendall look stale and Loughgiel are missing too many players - mainly J Campbell.

im just hoping we finally get some good games - im out a fortune and havent seen a good game yet :-\  :-\

NAG1

I hear the Ballycastle v Dunloy game is on in loughgiel on thursday evening now. I have a funny feeling this could be the game to start the championship proper. An evening game in North Antrim big crowd good atmosphere ballycastle improving should be good.

milltown row

Quote from: hatchetfield on August 17, 2009, 09:45:34 PM
Were ya lining out tonight there Milltown?

i was lining out, bit of craic. no real problems with the south antrim leagues.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: NAG1 on August 18, 2009, 10:12:29 AM
I hear the Ballycastle v Dunloy game is on in loughgiel on thursday evening now. I have a funny feeling this could be the game to start the championship proper. An evening game in North Antrim big crowd good atmosphere ballycastle improving should be good.
The town have been "improving" for the past ten years, but every year is another false dawn.

viking48

heard glenarrife cudnt field a team against cushendall in the minor championship the other night ??? bit of a shame if you cant put a team on the pitch for championship

NAG1

Anyone heard any info on the loughgeil pitch tonight I would say with the rain for the passed few days its bound to be in danger of being unplayable?

maxpower

Quote from: NAG1 on August 20, 2009, 09:31:12 AM
Anyone heard any info on the loughgeil pitch tonight I would say with the rain for the passed few days its bound to be in danger of being unplayable?

been thinking that myself, alot of rain fell in the area last night in particular.

The problem is the u21's are out on Sat, our own footballers on Monday and the semi finals next weekend
What happens next????

NAG1

Yeah the time contraints are tight, but even a possibility of a venue change to a drier pitch i wonder.

theskull1

Where to is the problem. Would be too late to get the notice out as well. Think they'll play it regardless.

Putting a national U21's competition in august shows what considerations are given to the club game and player welfare for that matter
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera