Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queenie

I told you so, too easy for Cushendall.  GNM were good for the first 20 minutes and won a lot of great ball.  Cushendall class came through in the end of the first half, 1 goal and six points un-answerered by GNM. A real breeze for Cushendall.  Gort boys too fond of the drink, not fit and very slow off the mark, I think.  See, my prediction was right, 5 points plus.

Our fellas in the second half against Rossa, just moved it up a gear, Rossa were very flat in the second half.  Aidan Hamill was unusally quiet on the line, well I suppose you cant really shout at your son.  Connolly is well past it, even when put into full forward, Jesus christ, he was even very slow there.
Are you a missionary or a mercenary?  Remember, tallk is cheap!

milltown row

Rossa  0-11 2-13 Loughgiel  Casement Park   
Gort Na Mona  2-10 4-16 Ruairi Og  Casement Park

Intermediate Hurling Championship

Lamh Dhearg  1-16 1-12 Tir na Nog  St. Teresas   
Clooney Gael  1-8 2-7 Shane O Neills  Ballymena   

Junior Hurling Championship

Cloughmills  2-13 4-14 Cushendun  Armoy   
Davitts  4-6 2-5 Mc Dermotts  Woodlands   
Rasharkin  1-13 1-6 St. Endas  Whitehill

went down to watch the Gaels v Shane O'Neills game (should we win today thats who we will get) and this was a surprise, Glenarm got two goals in injury time to win the match.
Match was delayed by 30 minutes. the match official (Owen) was late, tut tut tut
so hard to predict these games in the lower levels. Cushendun have been dung all season but have beat a cloughmills team that have been flying, Tir na Og were beat by Lamhs who have been in Div 3 this year (though i did think they'd win)

watch Rossa's second half and was surprised by how poor they were considering they had the upper hand in the first half. wind advantage in the second half and 2 up, i thought they would have pushed on and caused a shock. the Shamrocks had too many gifted hurlers and it seems and good talking too at halftime seemed to make the difference.

Was it good enough to beat Cushendall?

theskull1

dunloy ballycastle match is off due to a bereavement
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

anailís

Glenariffe 4-7 Sw 2-9 Half-time

wideball - ffs ref

Quote from: hatchetfield on August 16, 2009, 05:28:19 PM
f**k sake cut boys a bit of slack hey boy.  60+ boys went out and hurled last night, your predictions were right but sure who wouldn't have predicted what happened.  Stop your antics, not a bit of wonder noone likes yez

Yeah Queenie, you sure do sound like a bit of a prat all right! Wise up and catch yourself on. It would not have been too difficult to make the predictions you made about last night's games.  Although, Loughgeil, made hard work of things against Rossa.

Thanks to Miltown for posting all the results by the way. It's nice to be kept up to speed on the results.
Doc John, surely Hamill will not be that cheap!

wideball - ffs ref

Quote from: milltown row on August 16, 2009, 08:38:45 AM

went down to watch the Gaels v Shane O'Neills game (should we win today thats who we will get) and this was a surprise, Glenarm got two goals in injury time to win the match.
Match was delayed by 30 minutes. the match official (Owen) was late, tut tut tut
so hard to predict these games in the lower levels. Cushendun have been dung all season but have beat a cloughmills team that have been flying, Tir na Og were beat by Lamhs who have been in Div 3 this year (though i did think they'd win)

watch Rossa's second half and was surprised by how poor they were considering they had the upper hand in the first half. wind advantage in the second half and 2 up, i thought they would have pushed on and caused a shock. the Shamrocks had too many gifted hurlers and it seems and good talking too at halftime seemed to make the difference.

So 'wonder boy' Elliott was late, seems to be courting controversy a lot recently.
Doc John, surely Hamill will not be that cheap!

NAG1

Cushendall doing their usual stuttering through the early stages.

Loughgiel dont seem to have the heart anymore for it, when was the last time they finished any game with 15 players on the field?

Signum Fidei

see Glenariff won handy enough against SW select 7.13 to 2.11 as expected.

We had a brutal game against St Teresas's total stinker, even tho we won handy enough in the end Jesus we were bad glad its out of the way couldn't play that bad again.  see clooney got a shock too, and st Paul's squeezed passed Carey Jesus they had enough chances at the end to win number of wides and kept going for goal and also lambs taking out tir na og. once lambs get a team out they are always good.  should be a mincer of a semi final st Paul's and lambs there certainly is going to be a few yellows and reds  :o :o will be an entertaining one.

We meet Glenarm in the semi even tho we tanked them last week don't think that will happen again don't think glenarm will allow that to happen again, think they just give up against us in the league, expect a much tougher game in championship. 

any word when dunloy ballycastle re fix is????

Glensman

Quote from: wideball - ffs ref on August 16, 2009, 07:42:00 PM

So 'wonder boy' Elliott was late, seems to be courting controversy a lot recently.

He was late for the Cushendun Cloughmills match I believe as well, leaving both teams out in the wind and rain for almost 20 mins. Match due to start at 7.15 and a friend texted me to say they didn't get going until about 7.30 or after.
Also (and I couldn't believe this when the fella said he actually heard this) - Elliot when sending off a Cloughmills player was heard by some of the Cushendun crown to say to the player "Bye bye XXXX, you knew it was coming".
A bit above his station there and not really in keeping with the impartiality with which a referee should treat the game and the players themselves.
Referees get a hard time and god knows I wouldn't be one but that is completely disgraceful.

Last Man

Quote from: anailís on August 16, 2009, 06:19:21 PM
Glenariffe 4-7 Sw 2-9 Half-time
SW stuck with Glenariffe rightly with the main difference being Tosh and his marshalling of their forward play. The SW boys had never played together before and neglected to work the ball into Philly Curran who took 2 smashin goals and had their FB well harrassed. Opting insted for a punt at a long range point particularly in the 2nd Half. PJ and a couple more of the Clooney lads would have been a big help.

milltown row

i'd say the Clooney boys were a bit flat from the game v Glenarm

Last Man

Quote from: milltown row on August 17, 2009, 01:28:49 PM
i'd say the Clooney boys were a bit flat from the game v Glenarm
The Whitehill boys all showed up but I reckon the Clooneys got a wee bit ahead of themselves when they opted out 2 weeks ago, but there ye go.

gelvis

Quote from: Glensman on August 17, 2009, 12:51:45 PM
Quote from: wideball - ffs ref on August 16, 2009, 07:42:00 PM

Also (and I couldn't believe this when the fella said he actually heard this) - Elliot when sending off a Cloughmills player was heard by some of the Cushendun crown to say to the player "Bye bye XXXX, you knew it was coming".
A bit above his station there and not really in keeping with the impartiality with which a referee should treat the game and the players themselves.
Referees get a hard time and god knows I wouldn't be one but that is completely disgraceful.

I think the referee's remark was more to do with the individual players conduct rather than a vendetta of sorts.  He was already on a yellow card, was warned again and then pulled wildy across Rory McQuillan so Owen was letting him know he was gone...in his own special way  :D

Did anyone happen to catch what Henry Shefflin said after beating Waterford lastweek?  Telling reporters that he was going back to training with his club for their county championship...after winning an All Ireland semi.  Think if it was Antrim in that situation there would be any county championship??  Kinda shows the difference in the boards.

"If you worried about falling off the bike, you'd never get on"

THE DADGA

[quote\]
Did anyone happen to catch what Henry Shefflin said after beating Waterford lastweek?  Telling reporters that he was going back to training with his club for their county championship...after winning an All Ireland semi.  Think if it was Antrim in that situation there would be any county championship??  Kinda shows the difference in the boards.

[/quote]                                                     kinda shows the difference in players attitudes too! 

wino

Quote from: NAG1 on August 17, 2009, 10:15:05 AM
Cushendall doing their usual stuttering through the early stages.

Loughgiel dont seem to have the heart anymore for it, when was the last time they finished any game with 15 players on the field?

I think your right NAG1 - Cushendall are hot favourites for the title again.
Not so sure about finishing games with 15 players - thats a bit low. Have the Dall never had a man sent off for 2 yellows?