Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wideball - ffs ref

Quote from: Lar na Pairce on August 13, 2009, 04:53:45 PM
anyone visited hurlingworld.com, there are highlights of the the st johns games from youube. There are 4 parts on youtube from Loughgiels mystery video man who video's their own (and others) games. Different parts show harsh challenges from st johns but none of the sendings off.

And if you can put 1 and 1 together you can work out the identity of our friend Anailis

Sure what would you expect from the McCooeys Lar.  Seems to be an inbred tradition amongst St. John's to attempt to injure and maim, if things are not going their way.  That referee could have sent quite a number of the St. John's men off, but sure what would that have achieved?  Goes with the territory when playing St. John's. Don't get me wrong, I am all for tough, manful and physical hurling, but jabbing people in the groin and hitting them when their backs are turned, don't impress me non at all.  I always found that St. John's players were not so brave when you ran them face on.  They had quite a tradition among the Cu********s of hitting players when their backs was turned. I always tended to think, they actually hit out of fear.  Enough said!
Doc John, surely Hamill will not be that cheap!

Fairhead

Quote from: JamesH on August 11, 2009, 10:39:39 PM
My club mate has been accused of trying to influence the Loughgiel team through being one vote in a committee of five, which seems strange knowing the make up of that co, pretty strong characters involved. Now if he was a referee from Loughgiel picking this weekends ref's their could be a conspiracy theory, but like the Ref he works hard as a volunteer for the association so its a load of balls but he doesn't deserve a crowd of louts giving him abuse every time he goes out the door.  I heard tonight that new info will come to light that will clear the ref who was supposed to have lied,
I do believe and having seen the official dvd Ding did hit with intent and so deserved punished. If it had been against Loughgiel the culprit would have deserved punished. Anyway anilis have you a fit team for Sat? I was told yesterday that SW only had ten players in any case for the cancelled match.

I heard last night about some of this "new information" that James H has mentioned and i believe that based on the video, at their disposal, the vote to proceed with the case was unanimous at the North Antrim CCC meeting. As the chairman of that cttee, the high profile ref had to proceed with the case. Loughgiel had possession of the alternative video, kept it and only produced it, just in time, less than 24 hours before the CHC meeting (which some people might say is withholding evidence?). NA and the high profile ref were entitled to have the meeting postponed to assess this late evidence but that would have meant that the 2 players in question could not have played last Sunday so in the interest of the players they allowed the video to be played. If this video had been in their possession its probably unlikely that the NA CCC would have proceeded with the case and the high profile ref apparently has evidence which proves he did not tell lies despite untrue opinions earlier in this thread.

For me, all of the above does not sound like the NA Board or the high profile ref has a grudge against anyone so Anailis I think there is a humble pie with your name on it in Mc Evoys and in future it would be best to provide all of the facts before slandering someone on here who, like all refs, has contributed to the betterment of hurling in North Antrim by giving their time to the game. Of course we all assume that you contribute handsomely to helping hurling in North Antrim because nobody who would make such slanderous accusations about a fellow gael, would be doing so from a back seat passenger / hurler on the ditch position, so to speak?

I suppose Loughgeil need something to motivate them to avoid the worst 7 in a row title, ever, and a grand conspiracy theory does the job just nicely.

Now hopefully we can get back to talking about hurling.

anailís

Quote from: Fairhead on August 13, 2009, 10:54:00 PM
Quote from: JamesH on August 11, 2009, 10:39:39 PM
My club mate has been accused of trying to influence the Loughgiel team through being one vote in a committee of five, which seems strange knowing the make up of that co, pretty strong characters involved. Now if he was a referee from Loughgiel picking this weekends ref's their could be a conspiracy theory, but like the Ref he works hard as a volunteer for the association so its a load of balls but he doesn't deserve a crowd of louts giving him abuse every time he goes out the door.  I heard tonight that new info will come to light that will clear the ref who was supposed to have lied,
I do believe and having seen the official dvd Ding did hit with intent and so deserved punished. If it had been against Loughgiel the culprit would have deserved punished. Anyway anilis have you a fit team for Sat? I was told yesterday that SW only had ten players in any case for the cancelled match.

I heard last night about some of this "new information" that James H has mentioned and i believe that based on the video, at their disposal, the vote to proceed with the case was unanimous at the North Antrim CCC meeting. As the chairman of that cttee, the high profile ref had to proceed with the case. Loughgiel had possession of the alternative video, kept it and only produced it, just in time, less than 24 hours before the CHC meeting (which some people might say is withholding evidence?). NA and the high profile ref were entitled to have the meeting postponed to assess this late evidence but that would have meant that the 2 players in question could not have played last Sunday so in the interest of the players they allowed the video to be played. If this video had been in their possession its probably unlikely that the NA CCC would have proceeded with the case and the high profile ref apparently has evidence which proves he did not tell lies despite untrue opinions earlier in this thread.

For me, all of the above does not sound like the NA Board or the high profile ref has a grudge against anyone so Anailis I think there is a humble pie with your name on it in Mc Evoys and in future it would be best to provide all of the facts before slandering someone on here who, like all refs, has contributed to the betterment of hurling in North Antrim by giving their time to the game. Of course we all assume that you contribute handsomely to helping hurling in North Antrim because nobody who would make such slanderous accusations about a fellow gael, would be doing so from a back seat passenger / hurler on the ditch position, so to speak?

I suppose Loughgeil need something to motivate them to avoid the worst 7 in a row title, ever, and a grand conspiracy theory does the job just nicely.

Now hopefully we can get back to talking about hurling.

As i hear it Fairhead, N Antrim didn't have much choice about accepting the DVD as evidence, the County Hearings Committee accepted it despite N Antrim's protestations.
You're asking us to believe that N Antrim (who had brought a case against a Loughgiel player, and must have thought he was guilty, otherwise why bring it?) allowed the meeting to take place and could have postponed it, but didn't out of some sense of sympathy towards the two players? Why be sympathetic to them if you believe they should be punished.
You also say that if they had seen the other dvd, its probably unlikely that they would have proceded with the case? This illustrates the careless approach of the investigation, ie that they didn't investigate the situation as per the official guide - no witness statements from officials, witnesses or seeking of other relevant evidence, never mind accurate documentation. On the with-holding evidence, why were Loughgiel not furnished with the clarification documentation, and the amended disciplinary report (containing witness statements etc) as per T.O. procedure? Also, why did Paul Gillan not get the DVD which N Antrim were using against him, as was his right? As i understand it he was given it and it was taken back from him, which isn't supposed to happen either.

There is an easy way to clear it up. Either E Hasson was contacted by N Antrim to clarify his report, or he wasn't.
If he was, then what i heard was wrong.
Imagine similar events happened to yourself or a player from your own club, what would you think?

wino

Fairhead,  you have obviously been well versed (but not well informed) by someone very close to the centre of NACCC.  I think you should get the facts correct before talking such nonsense.  You defend it that strongly I am beginning to wonder if you yourself are involved with NACCC and trying to put some positive spin on the whole matter.  I can understand why you want more positive spin as none of this does Hurling in NA any good, but, if the accusations are true then why should that type of person or persons be involved in running the association in NA.

As far as Loughgiel needing a conspiracy to motivate them is concerned - nothing could be further from the truth.  I could guarantee that none of these players care about what is going on with administration, they are just happy Ding and Skinner got fair play in the end.

Almost forgot - the discussions seemed to be mostly about Hurling until you woke up again and started your rant.  Maybe you just want to keep it going to try and help your mates perception in the public eye.

Nemo

Quote from: wino on August 14, 2009, 01:26:48 AM
Fairhead,  you have obviously been well versed (but not well informed) by someone very close to the centre of NACCC.  I think you should get the facts correct before talking such nonsense.  You defend it that strongly I am beginning to wonder if you yourself are involved with NACCC and trying to put some positive spin on the whole matter.  I can understand why you want more positive spin as none of this does Hurling in NA any good, but, if the accusations are true then why should that type of person or persons be involved in running the association in NA.

As far as Loughgiel needing a conspiracy to motivate them is concerned - nothing could be further from the truth.  I could guarantee that none of these players care about what is going on with administration, they are just happy Ding and Skinner got fair play in the end.

Almost forgot - the discussions seemed to be mostly about Hurling until you woke up again and started your rant.  Maybe you just want to keep it going to try and help your mates perception in the public eye.

would rather this wasnt brought up again, but this comment somewhat annoyed me, this is a big problem IMO among all clubs, as far as i saw it Skinner got sent off and rightly so, so how do you come by the above staement.

im not very big up in the whole commitee thing and only recently worked out who the Main NACC person yous are talking about is, but from posts on here its quite obvious that loughgiel have not much love for this person either, and if what JamesH said (i think) is true then its a total disgrace and that club and players should be ashamed of themsleves.

Now i think this conversation as someelse said should stay focused on the hurling, its anywonder our great chairman doesnt have a lot of love for this forum if the last few days are anything to go by.

Queenie

Quote from: hatchetfield on August 14, 2009, 09:42:21 AM
By the way, we've worked out how we're going to beat the Dall.  They're training tonight - we've a few swine flu victims here in Turf Lodge who have just returned from the Gaeltacht so we're going to send them up under the guise of Sports Masseurs and let them cough all over them!!!  Then if our calculations are right, they'll have to field their minor team = we win (maybe)!!  Simple

Nah, the gameplan is there is no game lan apart from working away at our game we've played all year.  Go out and hurl 15 v 15 and work til the end.  That's our magic formula.

MR, that should be a fairly  handy fixture for you and i see that you are playing on the igger pitch on Shaws Road too - should suit you down to the ground.  Can't see any real upset in your next fixture either.  Th only ones capable of doing anything after against you are Carey i think.  They're one of them team who are capable of going out and hurling the balleeks outa ye or that will lie down but i doubt that will be the case if they get to the final.  You's will have way too much v St Pauls and Lamh Dhearg.  St Pauls have an owl Casemnet voodoo but i think they tend to overrate themselves mostly anyway and Lámh Dhearg only have the Herrons plus one or two others but nothing that should upset yous.  I know you'll say its all about the next game but the owl Ulster Intermediate Run and (hopefully) All IReland series will be great for your club if you manage it well and get all the kids to every game.  Class buzz, but sure of course yous know that with the footballing expediations.

I dont know about a few swine flu victims up at the Gorts Hatchetfield, but you certainly have a few swines up there all the same!  Does Terrible Reilly hail from Turflodge? A classic example of a 'Swine'.  The rest of the gort lads not too bad all the same.  Geordie Ferguson and the Mackles were a good bunch of lads. I see you are beginning to adopt desperate tactics just like your neighbours down the Rock road!
Are you a missionary or a mercenary?  Remember, tallk is cheap!

Queenie

Quote from: hatchetfield on August 14, 2009, 03:16:09 PM
I must say you sound like a lovely person.  Thanks for the many compliments you just paid us!!  Terry Reilly, our chairperson, who referee's and who sits on various county committee's voluntarily does hail from our club and we're proud of him.  He's a good lad who could be sitting in the house.  I think your the swine in this case coming on an online message board without displaying your name and calling people swines?  Catch yourself on ya coward.

Hardly desperate measures by the way - read the post again - unless of course you thought you were funny.  Amadán

Amadán, I don't think so! A good lad, well thats your opinion of course. Referee, Huh!  Do you display your name ;)

Queenie

What do people think about the iminent appointment of the new Hurling Manager.  The talk is that Cyril Farrell is going to take up the gauntlet!  You GortNa Mona boys might get a look in then, given that he hails from Galway. Baps boys and all that.

wideball - ffs ref

Quote from: Queenie on August 14, 2009, 05:09:57 PM
What do people think about the imminent appointment of the new Hurling Manager.  The talk is that Cyril Farrell is going to take up the gauntlet!  You GortNa Mona boys might get a look in then, given that he hails from Galway. Baps boys and all that.

Where are you getting your information from Queenie.  Are you in the know down in the big smoke at Casement.  Anyone else heard of this story about Cyril Farrell?  It would be great all the same, the present incumbents are well past their sell by date!
Doc John, surely Hamill will not be that cheap!

JamesH

Talking to the good Doc in a local watering hole over our festival, he tells me that is was discussed briefly at a recent Ex meeting and that the outcome was that it won't be discussed until after the u21's exit or win the All Ireland on the 23rd.
I think an outsider looking for the job is pie in the sky. Farrell is not going to give up his TV job to get shit on up here,for what £200-300 a week, no way. We are in the shit now, our stock is lower now than it was in the Sean Mc Naughton era, when cousin Kevin beat him in a couple of Ulsters.

Fairhead

Quote from: anailís on August 13, 2009, 11:53:35 PM

As i hear it Fairhead, N Antrim didn't have much choice about accepting the DVD as evidence, the County Hearings Committee accepted it despite N Antrim's protestations.
You're asking us to believe that N Antrim (who had brought a case against a Loughgiel player, and must have thought he was guilty, otherwise why bring it?) allowed the meeting to take place and could have postponed it, but didn't out of some sense of sympathy towards the two players? Why be sympathetic to them if you believe they should be punished.
You also say that if they had seen the other dvd, its probably unlikely that they would have proceded with the case? This illustrates the careless approach of the investigation, ie that they didn't investigate the situation as per the official guide - no witness statements from officials, witnesses or seeking of other relevant evidence, never mind accurate documentation. On the with-holding evidence, why were Loughgiel not furnished with the clarification documentation, and the amended disciplinary report (containing witness statements etc) as per T.O. procedure? Also, why did Paul Gillan not get the DVD which N Antrim were using against him, as was his right? As i understand it he was given it and it was taken back from him, which isn't supposed to happen either.

There is an easy way to clear it up. Either E Hasson was contacted by N Antrim to clarify his report, or he wasn't.
If he was, then what i heard was wrong.
Imagine similar events happened to yourself or a player from your own club, what would you think?

So the case against the NA CCC has gone from lies and a probable 48 week suspension for a high profile ref to alleged carelessness! Quick some one phone Christy Cooney and Padraic Duffy; one of the units of the GAA has allegedly been careless in an investigation. This is new ground for the GAA; i dont know if it will survive as an organisation after this.....

Queenie

Quote from: hatchetfield on August 14, 2009, 11:28:35 PM
Quote from: Queenie on August 14, 2009, 05:06:51 PM
Quote from: hatchetfield on August 14, 2009, 03:16:09 PM
I must say you sound like a lovely person.  Thanks for the many compliments you just paid us!!  Terry Reilly, our chairperson, who referee's and who sits on various county committee's voluntarily does hail from our club and we're proud of him.  He's a good lad who could be sitting in the house.  I think your the swine in this case coming on an online message board without displaying your name and calling people swines?  Catch yourself on ya coward.

Hardly desperate measures by the way - read the post again - unless of course you thought you were funny.  Amadán

Amadán, I don't think so! A good lad, well thats your opinion of course. Referee, Huh!  Do you display your name ;)

No and neither does anyone else on this thing but i don't come on here and run people down using their names like you did especially volunteers who are doing more than their fair share.  Leave it at that. 

Of course you don't come on here and run anybody down, sure how could a GNM Man run anybody down!  Volunteer, I don't think so, I travel the Length and breadth of the country with non payment, I may add.  can you say the same about the likes of Reilly?

Off to the matches now.  Predictions, GNM will beaten by 5 points plus.  Rossa will give our guys a good run for it but will prevail in the end.

Seomroga Abú

ONeill

Gort na Mona 2-10 Cushendall 4-16. FT
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

Latest  - Rossa 5 Shamrocks 2

ONeill

Rossa 0-05 Shamrocks 0-03