Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queenie

Quote from: milltown row on August 12, 2009, 09:54:01 PM
that would be silly. means that Tommy McIntyre would not be able to referee teams as Loughgiel always get to the final!!! so by your train of thought he'd have it in for some players from the games he referees??

the referees who are getting the senior championship matches are jocking for position to get the final.  who will get it this year? Big Eugene (final year) Tommy? if Loughgiel don't make it? Pat McCaff (speedy, now Rossa man) or the three likely lads Ray (christ he's put on weight ;)) Owen (great semi final last year) or Garret (sound whistler)

i'm thinking there might be a dark horse this year, Terry Reilly has been making strides this year and could be on course to spring a shock

I would agree MR, though both Ray and Garrett have had finals this last 2 years, so it would count them out. I think Owen Elliott would be favoured with Liam MC Auley(Herbie) decent spud, the lad that was assaulted after the Feis. To early for Terry, maybe in the next few years though, think he lacks the experience watched him a few times this year.Speedy would,nt have a chance at all, although has been a great servant to the county. My money is on Elliott with Herbie a close 2nd, all joking aside Ray has put on the beef, struggled at Loughguile to keep up with play. Don,t know the lad Cunning have,nt seen him yet, look forward to Saturday, big chance for him maybe. As said, hope Rossa give a good account of themselves, us city boys need something to cheer.
Are you a missionary or a mercenary?  Remember, tallk is cheap!

NAG1

Anyone think Rossa have a realistic chance of turning over a depleted loughgiel side?

north aontroim gael

I fancy them to make a game of it for the first half but I'd expect Loughgiel to win by 10 points or so.

north aontroim gael

Loughgiel will be missing Johnny Campbell, James Campbell both injured and Winker who is suspended.  Johnny and James are a big loss particuarly Johnny.  Think there better of without Winker.

milltown row

Rossa will go into this match with no fear. they (Rossa) have, call it arrogance if ya like, a belief that they always have a chance of winning the senior championship. they knocked the Johnnies out last year when everyone thought that the Johnnies would achieve something.

i think that they will beat Loughgiel because Loughgiel don't have the same passion anymore. too many lost finals with the same team and the injuries and suspensions wont help either.

milltown row

Hatchet how's yous fixed for Saturdays game? wont make the game myself, will be off watching another game. i think Cushendall will come down and be hard to motovate themselves for the game. but will do enough to beat Gorts by 7 points. this is not a slight on either team. Cushendal just have too many good hurlers and a few extra gears in them.

Sean Kelly will knock over the frees all day and the Dall gave away a few last week against the Belfast select team so there is at least 10 points from that avenue. if Sean Delargy picks up Desy and Aaron Graffin picks up sean kelly then i cant see too much happening up front.

who from Gorts will pick up Shane McNaughton? McClelland will be centre half maybe his wee nephew?

the colonel

MR we conceded 0-9 last week, with prob 3 of those from play. So I wouldn't say there would be as much as 10 points from free's available. We could still improve our performance so hopefully we keep this number down. We should have too much but we need good game practice before we play the shamrocks.

Shane was prob our only player on form last weekend so it'll be a tough job for whoever.
the difference between success and failure is energy

milltown row

Quote from: the colonel on August 13, 2009, 02:41:34 PM
MR we conceded 0-9 last week, with prob 3 of those from play. So I wouldn't say there would be as much as 10 points from free's available. We could still improve our performance so hopefully we keep this number down. We should have too much but we need good game practice before we play the shamrocks.
Shane was prob our only player on form last weekend so it'll be a tough job for whoever.

different 'team' colonel than the Belfast team. Gorts lads will be running at ya and playing good low ball in and cross field balls. they have some tidy hurlers.

hear the weather may spoil it.

oh and a little respect please

the colonel

Quote from: milltown row on August 13, 2009, 02:14:15 PM
Hatchet how's yous fixed for Saturdays game? wont make the game myself, will be off watching another game. i think Cushendall will come down and be hard to motovate themselves for the game. but will do enough to beat Gorts by 7 points. this is not a slight on either team. Cushendal just have too many good hurlers and a few extra gears in them.

Sean Kelly will knock over the frees all day and the Dall gave away a few last week against the Belfast select team so there is at least 10 points from that avenue. if Sean Delargy picks up Desy and Aaron Graffin picks up sean kelly then i cant see too much happening up front.

who from Gorts will pick up Shane McNaughton? McClelland will be centre half maybe his wee nephew?

Id say they will be better prepared, traditionally we dont give many free's as will.

and you have said we should win also, why you pulling me up. All I was suggesting was we would need to improve our performance if we are are to beat the shamrocks as we are expected to be in the semi.

milltown row

my view as a neutral Colonel. would a Dunloy poster come on here and talk about the semi final, before playing Ballycastle?

we play St Teresa's on Sunday. thats the only game I'm thinking of

JamesH

Colonel. had you said we would get it tight on Sunday, some would have said you were taking piss, so you can't do right either way. I expect if we are serious this week to win by 10/11 points, but hope the gorts push hard for both our sakes. If they receive a tanking and drop to intermediate next year if does no one no good, on other hand to stay up they must be prepared to battle to get even one championship match win perhaps over the next 3/5 years. That sounds harsh but they must establish themselves in div 1 rather than going up and down, all the new teams served an apprenticeship before winning the volunteer cup, ie Dunloy and Cushendall. Gort's have some handy hurlers and a good club behind them, its really up to them how successful they become, ie how committed, dedicated and disciplined they are both on and off the field.

north aontroim gael

Think your being overly sensitive Milltown. 

Cushendall and Loughgiel both to win handy for me.  Weather is to be bad so may not be high scoring affairs.

the colonel

well MR thats your opinion,

anyone visited hurlingworld.com, there are highlights of the the st johns games from youube. There are 4 parts on youtube from Loughgiels mystery video man who video's their own (and others) games. Different parts show harsh challenges from st johns but none of the sendings off.

Lar na Pairce

anyone visited hurlingworld.com, there are highlights of the the st johns games from youube. There are 4 parts on youtube from Loughgiels mystery video man who video's their own (and others) games. Different parts show harsh challenges from st johns but none of the sendings off.

And if you can put 1 and 1 together you can work out the identity of our friend Anailis

anailís

Quote from: Lar na Pairce on August 13, 2009, 04:53:45 PM

And if you can put 1 and 1 together you can work out the identity of our friend Anailis

Been on that site myself Lár. Noticed those videos too. Don't think there is any great secret who videos for Loughgiel, all you have to do is ask anyone from there and you'd get his name.
As far as putting 1 + 1 together to make me him, you're barking up the wrong tree. I'd say the same boy would have some laugh if he was reading that theory.

Btw, i like the look of that site, does anyone know the story of it?