Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

north aontroim gael

I think the U21s gave Ballycran a fair tanking in Casement on Monday night although I think both teams were missing a few.

Anyone at the game?  Who starred for Antrim?  Much hope against the Cats?

theskull1

Fear of a hammering cannot come into to the mindsets of the players. As long as they all display the right work ethic, attacking attitude and they try to play the game at a fast pace without fear of their opponents then that would be a success for me regardless. Pity the game couldn't be played in Croker on the Sunday in Croker along with the AISF Football. Would have brought abit of glamour to the tie
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

An fear san ardán...

Is this not the same group now that looked very promising at minor?  I would think that there may be some chance of an All Ireland final place, but then again, they're playing Kilkenny and realistically, that's always going to be on their mind.

clootfromthe21

Quote from: An fear san ardán... on August 12, 2009, 04:25:19 PM
Is this not the same group now that looked very promising at minor?  I would think that there may be some chance of an All Ireland final place, but then again, they're playing Kilkenny and realistically, that's always going to be on their mind.

You're right - the golden generation!

I know I've harped on about it before, but their big chance was 2007 when Dublin won Leinster and Ulster played Leinster in the semi-final. Of course, Antrim being Antrim, they went and blew it against Derry.

milltown row

Quote from: aontroim on August 12, 2009, 01:52:00 PM
Can't really see anyone beating St. Gall's who are looking good at the minute for Intermediate - absolutely tanked Glenarm last night in Div 2.

scorelines can be very deceiving aontroim, game was competitive. point in it at halftime. our lads very rusty with no real 'team' training until lately

Queenie

Think the Rossa v Shamrocks will be a cracker, fortune favours the brave lets hope Rossa give it a real go, city needs something. Who is Colm Cunning (referee)? Is he one of the new lads on the scene, lets hope he lets the game develop into what should be worth the admittance fee on the night.
Are you a missionary or a mercenary?  Remember, tallk is cheap!

gelvis

Quote from: Queenie on August 12, 2009, 06:04:03 PM
Think the Rossa v Shamrocks will be a cracker, fortune favours the brave lets hope Rossa give it a real go, city needs something. Who is Colm Cunning (referee)? Is he one of the new lads on the scene, lets hope he lets the game develop into what should be worth the admittance fee on the night.

Colm Cunning from Dunloy.  I think hes a brother of Connor Cunning.  Usually has his mum and dad with him to do umpires so there will be no off the ball incidents missed.
"If you worried about falling off the bike, you'd never get on"

wideball - ffs ref

Who were the 'Lager Louts'  scumbags, giving all the verbals on the hill at Cushendall last Sunday?  These guys should not be admitted to any hurling match IMO!  Obviously from the city and possibly attached to Naomh Eoin I suspect!

Guys likes this, are not good for the county in either code!
Doc John, surely Hamill will not be that cheap!

wideball - ffs ref

Pat McCaffrey doing the Gort Na Mona v Cushendall match.  That should be fun, FFS Speedy! :-\
Doc John, surely Hamill will not be that cheap!

the colonel

Quote from: wideball - ffs ref on August 12, 2009, 07:51:16 PM
Who were the 'Lager Louts'  scumbags, giving all the verbals on the hill at Cushendall last Sunday?  These guys should not be admitted to any hurling match IMO!  Obviously from the city and possibly attached to Naomh Eoin I suspect!

I never seen anything on the hill wideball,
the difference between success and failure is energy

anailís

Quote from: wideball - ffs ref on August 12, 2009, 07:51:16 PM

Saw a couple of those lads there on Sunday, was told by a Rossa player that they were from his club. Wasn't sure whether it was just a smoke screen to detract attention from their preparations for this weekend.

wino

Is it okay for someone who is on the Dunloy senior hurling panel to be in charge of a game in the same championship that his team plays.  Nothing against young Cunning, I actually think he is a very good ref and very fair, and obviously takes his duties very seriously when his parents assist him in any game that I have seen, but I thought there was a rule on this sort of thing. 

milltown row

that would be silly. means that Tommy McIntyre would not be able to referee teams as Loughgiel always get to the final!!! so by your train of thought he'd have it in for some players from the games he referees??

the referees who are getting the senior championship matches are jocking for position to get the final.  who will get it this year? Big Eugene (final year) Tommy? if Loughgiel don't make it? Pat McCaff (speedy, now Rossa man) or the three likely lads Ray (christ he's put on weight ;)) Owen (great semi final last year) or Garret (sound whistler)

i'm thinking there might be a dark horse this year, Terry Reilly has been making strides this year and could be on course to spring a shock

the colonel

we get loughgiel in the semi, if we beat them i'd say tommy is due one after 7 yrs
the difference between success and failure is energy

bredaghgael

Regular guest Joe Brolly will be joined this year by fellow Derry man and Antrim Football Manager Liam Bradley,
Armagh's Oisin Mc Conville and Cork's All-Ireland Hurling winning Captain in 1990,RTE Hurling analyst Tomás Mulcahy.
Other guests will be confirmed closer to the event
Throw-in @ 8.30pm and MC for the event will be Jerome Quinn.

Tickets £10 to include entry to a draw for two All-Ireland Hurling Final tickets and two All-Ireland Football Final tickets