Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the colonel

I think Loughgiel would be better without him, means their players need to stand up for themselves.

If i was the likes of young napper not getting a starting spot i'd be raging. He did well when he came on and scored a good point. I think it was because of a broken arm that w**ker wasn't back earlier.

Bad knee injury for Brick McCarthy at the weekend. He was absolutely gutted when I was speaking to him on Sunday night. Hopefully its not as bad as first feared
the difference between success and failure is energy

An fear san ardán...

Been reading gaaboard for a good few months now, but championships got me a bit more interested :P

Definately would get on your nerves if you were on that Loughgeil panel..wonder child danders in a week before championship and takes what could have been your place?  Surely any young boy coming through would think what's the point?  Lack of confidence in the panel from the managers if you ask me

Anyway, this weekend.  Could Ballycastle cause an upset after last year?

NAG1

Its funny there wasnt this amount of interest around the county games earlier in the year, what does that say!  ;)

Bad news for the young lad from Cushendall especially as he was just breaking into the team this year.

johnneycool

Quote from: An fear san ardán... on August 12, 2009, 11:40:32 AM

Anyway, this weekend.  Could Ballycastle cause an upset after last year?

If its a wet and pishy day then Ballycastle have a good chance, physically big team but not the most mobile but play to their strengths. Maybe lacking one or two scoring forwards but they have improved a lot this year.

Where is that game to be played?

the colonel

Gort Na Mona  Ruairi Og  Casement Park 15/08/2009 17:30   
Rossa  Loughgiel  Casement Park 15/08/2009 19:00   
Glenariff  S.W. Antrim  Loughguile 16/08/2009 17:30 McAuley Liam  Not Played 
Ballycastle  Dunloy  Loughguile 16/08/2009 19:00

I heard that young fella McVeigh that played for Ballycastle at the weekend plays football for St Eunan's Letterkenny and also plays for Donegal Senior Hurlers, must be a fair amount of travelling for an 18 year old to play/train

An fear san ardán...

Quote from: the colonel on August 12, 2009, 12:06:15 PM
I heard that young fella McVeigh that played for Ballycastle at the weekend plays football for St Eunan's Letterkenny and also plays for Donegal Senior Hurlers, must be a fair amount of travelling for an 18 year old to play/train

I heard that he was living in Ballycastle for the summer?  Looked like a big strong lad, with a good bit of pace too.  Shooting let him down once or twice but looked promising enough

JamesH

Anilis ,Mc Manus was in bed for a couple of days with flu, although he has been sluggish all year, i feel because of the work he has to do for his back he perhaps is too bulked up and lost that yard thats needed in forwards. Although i wouldn't swap him for any hurler other that Graffin, he will be vital to us winning the championship.
I was at the match on Sunday and Watson reacted  harshly to a daunt with the shoulder, his reaction was way ott. The Shamrocks management should have sent him straight down the line to the changing room. Whatever the reason he knows he will get away with it. The Other lads and proper supporters seem to be getting fed up with the annual Watson circus. Jc is a much bigger loss to LG this year and a good lad. The likes of sheamy dobbin etc will come through next year and a better team spirit no doubt will follow as someone mentioned, LG could be better off. The standard needed to win the championship is falling in Antrim every year so perhaps they are not that far away, i def see our standard slipping, players playing now that would be nowhere near the team ten years ago.

aontroim

5-6 pages of posts in a couple of days - has to be some sort of record for this thread!!  And interestingly enough mostlyl about disciplinary issues which seems to have prompted a few by-standers to join up for a bit of the action!!  Careful now lads.....you never know who is watching (or posting) now  :D

Weather forecast is disasterous for Friday/Saturday so the going will be tough for any of the games on Sat/Sun - i think if SW had of played on Sunday past it would have been a disaster - maybe the extra week will give the management a bit more time to 'persuade' a few more players to turn out.  Can't see too many from Tir na nOg or Ahoghill turning out if they are playing IHC on Sat evening.

Last Man

Sure the Tir na Nog boys were playing Sarsfields last Saturday night and had committed to the Sunday game, Ahoghill I hear fancy themselves for the intermediate this year  ::) so have opted out. Should still be a reasonable team out and at least it sets the ball rolling for next year.

aontroim

Can't really see anyone beating St. Gall's who are looking good at the minute for Intermediate - absolutely tanked Glenarm last night in Div 2.

the colonel

From County Website

Senior Hurling      

1st Round   W/E 9th August   
1/4 Finals   W/E 16th August    
Semi Finals   W/E 30th August   
Final   27th September   
Ulster 11/10/2009 or 25/10/2009

wideball - ffs ref

How come a Derry man was in the middle at the Feis Cup Final?  Are our own referees not good/impartial enough.  Hasson is a good lad, but thought his appointment for this one was a little odd.
Doc John, surely Hamill will not be that cheap!

north aontroim gael

Quote from: wideball - ffs ref on August 12, 2009, 02:29:27 PM
How come a Derry man was in the middle at the Feis Cup Final?  Are our own referees not good/impartial enough.  Hasson is a good lad, but thought his appointment for this one was a little odd.

What odds who was refereeing it, think this topic has got enough coverage.

maxpower

E Hassan also referee's in the Antrim Leagues, think he may be a member of the Rasharkin club, excellent referee in my opinion, refereed our game v Ballycran at weekend where a Ballycran hurler got fairly seriously hurt, injury to the throat, don't know how it happened but any of the down lads have an update on it
What happens next????

NAG1

wideball you taking up supporting DC then?  ;D