Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guillem2

There won't be many in the championship. The 3 Down teams can't enter.
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

milltown row

yes but like last year lamhs and sarsfields st pauls and maybe Rossa will be there

North Antrim

Heard from a prominent source in the county that winker watson has offically left the county and is giving 100% to his club this year. I wonder is he on about Chimney Corner or Loughguile  ;D

However if hooker connolly (think hes in charge of shamrocks) can get him on board 100% who knows wot he can do for the. Remember last 2/3 seasons hes been messing about, been injured etc.

leagues mean nothing really to the big teams. Glenariffe, ballycastle etc will use it to develop players but really if Dunloy, Loughguile want to break any delph with Ruairi ogs they need to be peaking for championship and not mickey mouse ulster leagues and county leagues

bredaghgael86

thanks for the help and the welcome. not too sure how we will fare this year in that div.3. i guess only time will tell. thanks anyway.

maxpower

Div 1 could be interesting this year, with Ballycastle and St Johns both improving with some good young players coming on board, Ballycran also look to have the makings of a really decent challenge this year and then the regulars of cushendall, loughgiel, dunloy, rossa, portaferry & Ballygalget.  Thats a lot of decent hard games.

Exactly what we all need, there is a massive difference between taking the league lightly and using it to peak for championship.
What happens next????

aontroim

Quote from: bredaghgael86 on March 21, 2007, 10:54:15 AM
not too sure how we will fare this year in that div.3. i guess only time will tell.

Bredaghgael if you's managed to beat Glenarm by 10 points i can't see yous being troubled in Div 3 this year.

Syd The Sailor

Quote from: maxpower on March 21, 2007, 11:04:14 AM
Div 1 could be interesting this year, with Ballycastle and St Johns both improving with some good young players

This is a bit of a myth about Ballycastle, they are as far away as ever i think, Glenariffe played them in a friendly last Saturday and beat them without any bother.
"I coulda been a contender.....i could've been somebody"

maxpower

I'd heard good things about Ballycastle, they were supposed have given portaferry a bit of a stuffing, which is never easy.  They really put it up to us last year and now Stephen McGarry is back, the Donnelly's are a year older and Neal McAuley will be back to his best

What happens next????

johnneycool

Quote from: maxpower on March 21, 2007, 11:49:25 AM
I'd heard good things about Ballycastle, they were supposed have given portaferry a bit of a stuffing, which is never easy.  They really put it up to us last year and now Stephen McGarry is back, the Donnelly's are a year older and Neal McAuley will be back to his best

I think Ballycastle did give Portaferry a stuffing a few weeks back but I wouldn't read too much into that as Ballycastle are probably further ahead than most clubs in their hurling due to their new all weather and floodlit pitches. Once the hour goes back that gap will be closed considerably plus their physique and style of play always suited winter hurling better.

Baile an tuaigh

It is Ballycastle's 100 year aniversery. I would expect them to be going full of the pipe this year. There seem's to be a feel good factor in the town that something is going to happen soon. They do have a lot of promising underage Hurlers coming through. Maybe just a little light for heavy striking yet though.

theskull1

Quote from: maxpower on March 21, 2007, 11:04:14 AM
Ballycastle and St Johns both improving with some good young players coming on board,

Are you not forgetting about our own promising good young players max?
Conor McKinley, Paul Shields, Gareth McAlister, Paudie Shivers, Shan Dowds, Paddy Docherty, Darren Webb, Kevin McQuillan, Gabriel McTaggart.

I can see at least 5 of these players making the Dunloy side this year if they show the right desire. Indeed they will be needed to inject a bit of mobilty back into our game.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Guillem2

Quote from: aontroim on March 21, 2007, 11:21:19 AM
Bredaghgael if you's managed to beat Glenarm by 10 points i can't see yous being troubled in Div 3 this year.
I understood it was Bredagh IIs that will be playing in Div 3. Their main priority will be the Down JHC and league.

Ballycastle will do very little this year. A change of attitude will not be enough to move them into the top 4 in the County. Cushendall, followed by Loughgeil, Dunloy and Rossa. Glenariffe or Johnnies are more likely to make a breakthrough. Galls & Hannahstown have some great players but football is always a priority for them and until hurling is given equal status they won't improve.
Portaferry are on the slide and with McGrattan & Dule out will struggle to make any impact. I reckon Ballycran will be the best of the Ards this year.
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

Tony Baloney

QuoteIt is Ballycastle's 100 year aniversery. I would expect them to be going full of the pipe this year. There seem's to be a feel good factor in the town that something is going to happen soon. They do have a lot of promising underage Hurlers coming through. Maybe just a little light for heavy striking yet though.

The problem is we've heard all this before year after year. Nothing has ever happened and a new pitch and dressing rooms will not help them take on the usual suspects like Cushendall, Loughgiel, Dunloy and even teams like Glenariffe.

Syd The Sailor

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 21, 2007, 04:43:29 PM
QuoteIt is Ballycastle's 100 year aniversery. I would expect them to be going full of the pipe this year. There seem's to be a feel good factor in the town that something is going to happen soon. They do have a lot of promising underage Hurlers coming through. Maybe just a little light for heavy striking yet though.

The problem is we've heard all this before year after year. Nothing has ever happened and a new pitch and dressing rooms will not help them take on the usual suspects like Cushendall, Loughgiel, Dunloy and even teams like Glenariffe.

Have to agree with Tony, i saw them at the weekend and they were so poor. They talk about all these young players but they still have Gary Maybin playing, not exactly looking to the future......A new pitch and changing rooms isnt going to put scores on the board.....They will maybe be the north coasts answer to Loughguile, the best facilities about but no team to play in them  ;D
"I coulda been a contender.....i could've been somebody"

North Antrim

Syd

ther you go slabbering again.....take it from me Ballycastle, glenariffe etc wud settle for league, Ulster league and u-21 in one year. I honestly believe that if the shams develop the right mental approach (aye no its a big if) they will make the long awaited breakthrough. I think young watsons decision to committ to them will be the difference. Now i dont no him personally but from wot im told the new men will take no shit!

Dunloy will be loving all this. they havnt been mentioned and as the the skull pointed out, they have alot of gud underage talent who also won u-21 2 years ago. They will go in as underdog and will relish this.

Cushendall will be out in front, but as we all know its hard to get there but its even harder to stay there. I honestly think that when the real battle begins around september time, they wont have the same hunger. Skinner smelt a rat and has jmped ship!

Glenariife wit the Mariner at the reins will also be sneaking about

Cant wait till it all begins 8)