Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the colonel

Big blow for Loughgiel if JC is out for a while. i would imagine he would then be out for rest of the season if County Final is originally planned for 27th September. Yeah James is his younger brother.

Skinner got sent off in Final so he will bount to have got a suspension also.

On another note. Hoganstand reports that game with Wexford is postponed until further notice
the difference between success and failure is energy

MrT

Skinner got 2 months, but Ding also got 2 months after video evidence was used. Not sure what he did.
JC will be a huge miss.  Hope he recovers quick

theskull1

News to me about Ding .... he's got previous so not surprised

BTW: On my comments on County Team preparations. I never suggested putting them on hold, but I am saying that in terms of priority the focus needs to move to other things to develop the game to enable the right quality of hurler to get through to County level. Expectations also need to change until the structures are improved. I could gaurentee that a coming together of a panel of players who are playing well in the leagues 5 days ahead of a county match would do just as well as the way we do it at present (like they do in soccer). So no need for these massive gaps in the club leagues that we have at present.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Tony Baloney

Quote from: NAG1 on July 27, 2009, 02:46:17 PM
Was this not always the case? TB
Aye but I think the expectation was that the good Dr., being a Glensman, would champion the cause of hurling. It's going to be almost impossible if things progress as they are at the minute. The new Centre of Excellence is the answer to all the problems. Apparently.

the colonel

I see Shane Jennings from Ballycastle is playing for Co.Antrim in Milk Cup against Man Utd which is on the BBC website

johnneycool

Quote from: milltown row on July 27, 2009, 04:23:45 PM

as for the finance between the county teams, I'd like to think its equal. would show disrespect to the managers should there be different levels regarding a budget.

Aye but it takes a fair bit more to run a hurling team than a football team with the cost of hurls and balls which need replaced every few sessions far outweighing the cost of a dozen or so footballs.

the colonel

there will prob be more mileage costs involved for the hurlers, further to travel to for the hurlers than the footballers

NAG1

Sure the hurlers werent being paid any expenses at all earlier in the year.

the colonel

NAG1

Well I had been chatting to some of the County hurlers and they hadnt recieved any expenses from the county for over three months. This was around the start of April.

the colonel

I know the county administrators have prob been busy due to the amount of game both the hurlers and footballers have had but if that is true then its poor enough

on a plus side at least their are fixtures on this weekend
Loughgiel  St. Johns  Loughgiel Shamrocks 02/08/2009 14:30 TBC   
Cushendall  Ballygalget  Cushendall 02/08/2009 14:30 TBC   
Ballycran  Ballycastle  Ballycran 02/08/2009 14:30 TBC   
Portaferry  Dunloy  Portaferry

maxpower

Ulster Hurling League Semi Final

Rossa 2:10 Dunloy 0:15

Rossa clinched it with a goal in the last minute after some slack defending but there would be few in Dunloy argue with the result, very poor performance by Dunloy all round, Rossa clearly the more motivated, hungry team
What happens next????

NAG1

What was the dunloy team Max?

Who played well for Rossa? Thats a big scalp for them and should be the motivation they need to get back up to Div 1.

maxpower

Sunloy were fairly strong, didn't play the u21's involved tonight but lined out as magee, mickey, damien mcmullan, cathair cunning, kevin martin, mal molloy, paudie shivers, darren webb, nancy, dick, paddy richmond, darren quinn, sean dowds, denver kelly, leo

Rossa played well as a team, certainly better than ourselves, with Gavin Bell and Chris Hamill prominent, a number 7 seemed to hurl well in second half and was hitting free's well.  Mickey Kettle in corner forward was unusual to see
What happens next????

theskull1

As slack as the backs were for a few of the scores Max they weren't that bad overall, and my take on it is that if the opposition score twelve times then you'd be expecting Dunloy to out gun that return. But we were simply shocking up front in the second half and thats the long and short of it. Bits and peiced of headless effort without any cut, thrust, teamplay or end product in mind. No breaking ball winners, no blocks, no hooks allowed easy clearance after easy clearance and provided plenty of oxegen for Rossas forward line to give us what we deserved. Some boys who are not lacking in talent need a good toe up their hole after that. No where near good enough and unless we see forwards starting to take games by the scruff then our championship hopes are zero.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera