Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the colonel

I'm not having a go but I think it is more of an unwritten rule. I have never heard of it at County level
the difference between success and failure is energy

the colonel

From County Website- Is someone watching

Jim30 July 2009
Is there a rule whereby a player cannot play an age group above? ???

A player can play in one age group above his own and he doesn't have to have played in his own age group before competing in the other. Where do you people get this stuff?

You people must mean they have been checking us out?

NAG1

You mean someone has less to do than us!

I know at club level for sure there is a rule that if a player is not playing at his own age group level then he cannot play at the level above.

the colonel

Championship fixtures from our website. good days hurling. Everyone may bring the flask of tae and the hang sandwhiches

Ruairi Og v South Antrim @ 7.00pm in Loughgiel
Glenariffe v South West @ 5.30pm in Loughgiel
Loughgiel v St Johns @ 3.00pm in Dunloy
North Antrim v Ballycastle @ 1.30pm in Dunloy

north aontroim gael

Quote from: the colonel on July 31, 2009, 10:56:34 AM
Championship fixtures from our website. good days hurling. Everyone may bring the flask of tae and the hang sandwhiches

Ruairi Og v South Antrim @ 7.00pm in Loughgiel
Glenariffe v South West @ 5.30pm in Loughgiel
Loughgiel v St Johns @ 3.00pm in Dunloy
North Antrim v Ballycastle @ 1.30pm in Dunloy

I assume these fixtures are all set for the 9th?

Any updates as to how the mixed teams are doing in their preparations?

the colonel

Yeah all for the 9th

North Antrim have been doing a good bit of training and played a good few challenge games,

Not sure about the rest

NAG1

I hear the SA select is struggling which is such a pity as they were the one that really could have made an impact on the championship with some of the players available to them.

theskull1

I'm sure that alot of other justifible reasons will be used to explain why they couldn't get their sh1t together and alot of them genuine, but wouldn't the unhealthly relations between certain clubs make it difficult to find way round any other difficulties?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

milltown row

can't possibly comment on this subject as I'm the main reason to why Belfast teams have not turned up ::) ::)

i feel I've really achieved something in my life now.

but in all seriousness this team could have made a decent fist of a match. maybe even catching the Dall on the hop early on.

clubs that can use players for this team:

Ardoyne Kickhams        1?
Lámh Dhearg              3/4         
Michael Davitt's            1
Patrick Sarsfield's          2/3
Sean McDermott's        2
St. Agnes'                   1
St. Enda's                    1
St. Gall's                     7/8
St. Paul's                   4/5
St. Teresa's                 1

maybe a series of hurling challenge games pre-season would have been better to gather momentum.

issues though will arise if this team beats Cushendall. Junior and intermedate games are fixed for the following weekend. players might pick up injuries or suspensions

Peggy

NAG1... Paddy Mc Naughton was not playing for minor county team as he was there at the start of the year and was dropped, so who cares if there is a rule. he made the attempt and if you have a problem with it maybe you should take it up with the minor county mentors but if hes not on the squad for the minors how can he play?
he's been playin excellent hurling for cushendall minor and senior teams recenlty and was asked to join the u21 county panel as a result of this, but his absense from the county minors is a result of management!!!!

Fairhead

Quote from: theskull1 on July 29, 2009, 11:08:53 AM
As slack as the backs were for a few of the scores Max they weren't that bad overall, and my take on it is that if the opposition score twelve times then you'd be expecting Dunloy to out gun that return. But we were simply shocking up front in the second half and thats the long and short of it. Bits and peiced of headless effort without any cut, thrust, teamplay or end product in mind. No breaking ball winners, no blocks, no hooks allowed easy clearance after easy clearance and provided plenty of oxegen for Rossas forward line to give us what we deserved. Some boys who are not lacking in talent need a good toe up their hole after that. No where near good enough and unless we see forwards starting to take games by the scruff then our championship hopes are zero.

Geez Skull by the sounds of that Dunloy will hardly bother turning up for the championship they are so bad  :P

It was an Ulster League match and you were missing a few; i wouldnt read too much in to it.

On another issue, and it might have been mentioned here before, but why dont they try having Ulster league matches in June and July? There were only 4 Div 1 hurling matches played in June and July, just 4!! I know you have the dual issue in other counties and Ring, Rackard Cup etc but surely some of these games could be played on a Wed nite. The club players are simply not getting enough games ahead of championship in August.

milltown row

Quote from: Fairhead on August 01, 2009, 10:01:44 AM

Geez Skull by the sounds of that Dunloy will hardly bother turning up for the championship they are so bad  :P

It was an Ulster League match and you were missing a few; i wouldnt read too much in to it.

On another issue, and it might have been mentioned here before, but why dont they try having Ulster league matches in June and July? There were only 4 Div 1 hurling matches played in June and July, just 4!! I know you have the dual issue in other counties and Ring, Rackard Cup etc but surely some of these games could be played on a Wed nite. The club players are simply not getting enough games ahead of championship in August.
[/quote]

we were due to play Shane O'Neills today as this was our fixture from the start of the year but championship football is on. asked to play Glenarm on wed night but they declined saying the have a match on Tuesday night, a divisonal match!! cant get games or team wont play its not all the counties fault for games not being played.

means that we havent had a fixture for over a month before championship. Great prep :(

Arthur_Friend

Glenariff beaten by Rossa at home by one point. Tight game with both teams making lots of errors. Not the best game I've ever watched.

NAG1

Quote from: Peggy on August 01, 2009, 12:30:31 AM
NAG1... Paddy Mc Naughton was not playing for minor county team as he was there at the start of the year and was dropped, so who cares if there is a rule. he made the attempt and if you have a problem with it maybe you should take it up with the minor county mentors but if hes not on the squad for the minors how can he play?
he's been playin excellent hurling for cushendall minor and senior teams recenlty and was asked to join the u21 county panel as a result of this, but his absense from the county minors is a result of management!!!!

Peggy if you had read our disccussion you would have seen that this was not a dig at PMcN. It was merely a discussion around the rule. Although you do seem overly sesnsitive to this situation, maybe a little loyalty clouding your reading ability.

NAG1

Any of the Dunloy posters know anything about the fixtures for sunday, I believe it is clashing with their festival are they still going to host the games on Sunday?