Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

North Antrim

Let me correct myself.....the match is at 11am on st apddys day. I dont know that they are going on the rip...but like u say, there past record wud suggest a serious rip will take place. No doubt there the mckillop cup will be won a few times tomorrow in the boyd arms, diamond bar etc!!!

will be interesting to see if the county players like winker, mcfall can stay off the beer???

Vlad The Impaler

Quote from: North Antrim on March 16, 2007, 03:35:30 PM

will be interesting to see if the county players like winker, mcfall can stay off the beer???

Past history would say "no" !!

Tony Baloney

If they can't stay off it when they're on official county business then it would be safe to say there'll be lots of swallying done tomorrow!

Syd The Sailor

Its not just the "demon drink", i know of one of our main players (still with county), under Dinny Cahill, didnt train because he was playing golf........
"I coulda been a contender.....i could've been somebody"

davincicode

LADS ITS NOT GOING TO CHANGE, ITS NOT JUST THE PLAYERS, THE WHOLE COUNTY STRUCTURE MUST CHANGE! iTS LIKE THE " THE COUNCIL OF 12" IT HAS TO GO----RID THEM ALL OUT, THEY HAVE ALL PASSED THEIR SELL BUY DATE! I WISH I COULD SAY THEY HAVE DONE A GREAT JOB IN THE PAST? THEY HAVE,NT AND THE SAME PEOPLE, DOING THE SAME THINGS , SAYING THE SAME THINGS. THEY ARE THERE 2 LONG--- YOUNG BLOOD WITH NEW CONCEPTS AND A MORE PROFESSIONAL APPROACH. THEY HAVE ALL BEEN DOING THE JOBS FOR THAT LONG THEY KNOW NOTHING ELSE!!! UNTIL THEY CHANGE THE COUNTY TEAMS AND RESULTS WILL NEVER CHANGE !!!!!! LOOK AT THE PROGRESS ARMAGH HAVE MADE--AND I MAY ADD NO CREDIT TO THAT MONEY GRABBING BSTD ROGAN HE IS JUST AN IDIOT SELLING PAST GLORIES(NOT!!!!!!) :-\

aontroim

Davincicode who the f**k are you trying to kid with that rant? You are obviously someone who follows the affairs of the county very closely. Our county board is young blood in comparison with almost everyone else.

Oh, and by the way Big Joe is not the Cathaoirleach any more.

The Truth

Quote from: North Antrim on March 16, 2007, 12:23:41 PM
Ballycastle are training like mad at present. Humpy and Dessie Donnelly are in charge with wee mickey mcshane n Sum man Laverty helping them . I believe they have put in 6 weeks of real hard work. Now i no its early days yet but trust me these lads have never trained like this b4. I reckon they will give most teams a good game this year. Pinky is in gud nick, ad with some of the best young players in antrim there, they will give a good account of themselves.

think they play glenariffe on sat morning at 11am b4 goin on the rip!!
any other gossip??

They must have been training for something other than hurling matches, Glenariffe beat them without breaking a sweat today.
"We serve neither King nor Kaiser"

North Antrim

The Town were missing a few of their big players. However, i wud say Ballycastle are one of the most arrogant teams around. They have ahieved NOTHING in the last 20 years, yet they GENUINELY believe each year they have achance of winning the championship! They have won NOTHING at underage in last 10 yrs - u-16-u-21 yet believe they have best youth structure.

Glenariffe drew with Loughguile last week in Armoy. They must be goin rightly. And that without the great JOHNNY TOSH

The Truth

Quote from: North Antrim on March 18, 2007, 11:58:25 AM
The Town were missing a few of their big players. However, i wud say Ballycastle are one of the most arrogant teams around. They have ahieved NOTHING in the last 20 years, yet they GENUINELY believe each year they have achance of winning the championship! They have won NOTHING at underage in last 10 yrs - u-16-u-21 yet believe they have best youth structure.

Glenariffe drew with Loughguile last week in Armoy. They must be goin rightly. And that without the great JOHNNY TOSH

"The great Johhny Tosh" was playing yesterday,do i detect the green eyed monster?

North Antrim

Green eyed monster??? wot ye mean by that

The Truth

Quote from: North Antrim on March 18, 2007, 12:21:45 PM
Green eyed monster??? wot ye mean by that

"the great JOHNNY TOSH".....a hint of sarcasm?

North Antrim

Ah no.....Johnny Tosh is a great hurler. Certainly not. Hes a lovely fellow, a real gentleman. Was just jesting, cos all ye folk around Waterfoot think hes a GOD!! he certainly is a great hurler. Nearly unstoppable in club terms.

Were u at the game? wot were Ballycastle like?

Who do u think will be the team this year?

The Truth

Quote from: North Antrim on March 18, 2007, 12:27:45 PM
Ah no.....Johnny Tosh is a great hurler. Certainly not. Hes a lovely fellow, a real gentleman. Was just jesting, cos all ye folk around Waterfoot think hes a GOD!! he certainly is a great hurler. Nearly unstoppable in club terms.

Were u at the game? wot were Ballycastle like?

Who do u think will be the team this year?

Ballycastle were very poor,the only ones i could see missing were Pinky & Mc Garry in nets. There are actually quite a few who give him a hard time, but then you get gobshites like that in every club. I have a feeling Dunloy might pull it together this year under their new management.

North Antrim

Ther are plenty of gobshites in Ballycastle alrite!

Aye Dunloy have Shane Elliot involved with them this year allow with who?? Do u not think they are past there sell by date. I think it will be Dall's year again if they have the hunger. Cant see loughduile having a go. Even though they have a new management in i think they dont have it in them

Syd The Sailor

Any word on any score in Antrim V Tipperary game, it started at 1.00pm
"I coulda been a contender.....i could've been somebody"