Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Minder on July 13, 2009, 10:39:43 PM
Offaly match in Parnell Park on Saturday week

and on it goes..............

And on and on
With all the football talk the match against Offaly has gone quiet. Anyone heading down?

Fairhead

At least the GAA have shown a bit of sense and put the 2 Antrim hurling teams together. Im sure the Galway minors are decent as usual and will probably have too much for Antrim but hopefully we get to see 1 or 2 decent Antrim prospects for the future. As for the seniors Offaly beat them well in the league and nothing has changed in the mean time to suggest a reversal of that result.

aontroim

Seems the holiday problem will strike again on Saturday - a few of the players are supposed to be off on holidays as they thought this game was going to be last week - havent heard who is unavailable.

milltown row

heard they are all heading to Santa Ponza and will play Offaly on the beach. 7 a side game

apparently the winners get a side door into the tommy Murphy  cup next year and play Shinty in Iceland!!!!

no league games for 6 months though, but south antrim leagues are great at the moment. we've a game every week without fail.

NAG1

Anyone got any dates for the SHC?

milltown row

weekend of the 9th then every two weeks, but dont quote me

Minder

Quote from: milltown row on July 21, 2009, 11:10:45 AM
weekend of the 9th then every two weeks, but dont quote me
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

theskull1

Hard to disagree with Bradley. I would have thought taking it to tullamore would have been a good half way house giving the biffo's home advantage whilst Antrim bring decent support

Bradley hits out at venue choice

21 July 2009

Liam Bradley has branded the decision to fix Antrim's All-Ireland football fourth round qualifier against Kerry for Tullamore as a 'disgrace'.

Antrim chiefs were keen that the footballers' glamour tie be played as a double-header with the hurlers' relegation playoff against Offaly in Parnell Park on Saturday to accommodate supporters who want to see both games, but the CCCC fixed the football game for Tullamore on Sunday instead.

"I think it is an absolute disgrace that the GAA have decided to have the Antrim hurlers play Offaly in a relegation qualifier in Dublin on the Saturday and the footballers in Tullamore on the Sunday," the Antrim football boss fumed.

"They are asking Antrim supporters to travel to Parnell Park on Saturday, then either go back home again or stay and go down to Tullamore the following day. That is disgraceful.

"The GAA are showing no consideration to the supporters whatsoever."

The Derryman also predicted that the choice of Tullamore as the venue for the novel meeting with Jack O'Connor's side will result in a poor attendance.

"It's a very simple thing to do. You know as well as I do that the Kerry supporters won't travel in big numbers this weekend for a qualifier against Antrim.

"We will be very, very lucky if there are 500 Kerry people at that match. They would have had a huge number of Antrim supporters had they had it in Dublin. It is straight down the motorway to Parnell Park which was the obvious choice. I would say there will hardly be 1,000 people in Tullamore on Sunday.

"I have no doubt whatsoever it will put off Antrim supporters as well and rightly so. I wouldn't blame the supporters. In this day and age there is very little money about. Now they have the option of going to two games on two different days. Either that or they go to one game. That's a wee bit sad. There are people in Antrim who love their hurling and their football and they would love to see both county teams."
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

NAG1

Any word of the team for Saturdays match? How are we going to be missing this time?

firehill

Quote from: NAG1 on July 22, 2009, 08:39:56 AM
Any word of the team for Saturdays match? How are we going to be missing this time?

I believe brendan herron is on honeymoon. not sure about the rest.

Guillem2

According to Ulster Council site u21s were stuffed by Armagh. What happened?
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

Two Hands FFS

Other way about. Dont panic...we're not that bad yet.

Minder

Offaly 1/12 Antrim 13/2 with PP. Surprised Offaly are that short
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

milltown row

1/100 would be a safer bet for the bookies.

where can i get my hands on 120,000 grand?

tried to lay that bet but said I'd insufficient funds??? whats that all about

the colonel

anyone know who's not available? I think neils away on hols
the difference between success and failure is energy