Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Truth

Quote from: mightysaffrons on March 15, 2007, 06:15:17 PM
apparently tosh is one of these and there is severe doubts as whether he will be back this year as he has a disliking to woody and sambo and has been made captain of glenariffe this year so the question is where will his loyalties lie!! training currently with glenariffe but been nowhere near the county!!!!!!!!!!!! FACT!!

A bit of second rate mischief making "mighty saffron". I suppose it was worth a try......
"We serve neither King nor Kaiser"

Ruairi Og exile

Yeah heard that others who missed training have been picked.I know one who missed training 2 weeks ago who has been picked. If this is the case dont know why DD was dropped.

theskull1

Quote from: milltown row on March 15, 2007, 04:49:02 PM
haven't been on for a while Cheltenham is costing a fortune...... but to be dropped at this stage and be as good as Cunning is crazy, the players left in there at the minute compared to Conor are rubbish.

In fairness milltown, I do think that Conor hasn't been firing at 100% for a while now and didn't think that he would have been in the new managements plans. I just wonder why they included him but didn't give him any real chance to prove himself before cutting him.....at least he got the good of the training I suppose. Sambo and Woody would need to watch that thier credibility is not eroded by inconsisteny in applying principles to the squad.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

milltown row

team for sunday, this looks a well balanced team.

1. RYAN McGARRY (McQUILLANS  BALLYCASTLE)
2. BARNEY McAULEY (LOUGHGIEL SHAMROCKS)
3. MICHAEL McCAMBRIDGE (RUAIRI OG CUSHENDALL)
4. SEAN DELARGY CAPT (RUAIRI OG CUSHENDALL)
5. MALACHY MOLLOY (CUCHULLAINS DUNLOY)
6. JOHNNY CAMPBELL (LOUGHGIEL SHAMROCKS)
7. CIARAN HERRON (LAMH DHEARG)
8. KARL McKEEGAN (RUAIRI OGS CUSHENDALL)
9. BRENDAN HERRON (LAMH DHEARG)
10. LIAM WATSON (LOUGHGIEL SHAMROCKS)
11. NEIL McMANUS (RUAIRI OG CUSHENDALL)
12. MICHAEL HERRON (LAMH DHEARG)
13. BRIAN McFALL (ST JOHNS)
14. PADDY RICHMOND (CUCHULLAINS DUNLOY)
15. PAUL SHIELDS (CUCHULLAINS DUNLOY)

16. DD QUINN (LOUGHGIEL SHAMROCKS)
17. KEVIN ELLIOTT (RUAIRI OG CUSHENDALL)
18. ARRON GRAFFIN (RUAIRI OG CUSHENDALL)
19. JAMES McKEAGUE (CUCHULLAINS  DUNLOY)
20. MICKEY KETTLE (ROSSA)
21. BARRY McFALL (ST JOHNS)
22. SHANE McNAUGHTON (RUAIRI OG CUSHENDALL)
23. PADDY McGILL (RUAIRI OG CUSHENDALL)
24. NEAL McAULEY (McQUILLANS  BALLYCASTLE)
25. MARTIN SCULLION (LOUGHIEL SHAMROCKS)
26. BRENDAN QUINN (GORT NA MONA)

very good bench as well.

Syd The Sailor

Quote from: milltown row on March 16, 2007, 08:37:56 AM
team for sunday, this looks a well balanced team.

1. RYAN McGARRY (McQUILLANS  BALLYCASTLE)
2. BARNEY McAULEY (LOUGHGIEL SHAMROCKS)
3. MICHAEL McCAMBRIDGE (RUAIRI OG CUSHENDALL)
4. SEAN DELARGY CAPT (RUAIRI OG CUSHENDALL)
5. MALACHY MOLLOY (CUCHULLAINS DUNLOY)
6. JOHNNY CAMPBELL (LOUGHGIEL SHAMROCKS)
7. CIARAN HERRON (LAMH DHEARG)
8. KARL McKEEGAN (RUAIRI OGS CUSHENDALL)
9. BRENDAN HERRON (LAMH DHEARG)
10. LIAM WATSON (LOUGHGIEL SHAMROCKS)
11. NEIL McMANUS (RUAIRI OG CUSHENDALL)
12. MICHAEL HERRON (LAMH DHEARG)
13. BRIAN McFALL (ST JOHNS)
14. PADDY RICHMOND (CUCHULLAINS DUNLOY)
15. PAUL SHIELDS (CUCHULLAINS DUNLOY)

I would not have Johnny Campbell anywhere near that team, i dont know how many chances he has had with the same end result....he isnt up to it.
"I coulda been a contender.....i could've been somebody"

North Antrim

Syd

Wots wrong with Johnny Campbell......who wud you play centre back....u seem to be the expert and no all

Syd The Sailor

Quote from: North Antrim on March 16, 2007, 09:25:51 AM

Syd
u seem to be the expert and no all

Thats the first bit of sense you have spoken since you have made your appearance here, and by the way its "know" and not "no" in the context your using. Now run along.....

North Antrim

Yeah you got it ...."no" as opposed to know!!!!

I have been readin your comments with interest and u are a very negative man. Im sure someone of your ability and knowledge of the game would make a great manager. God, Antrim are full of twats like you ;D

Syd The Sailor

Quote from: North Antrim on March 16, 2007, 10:03:03 AM
Yeah you got it ...."no" as opposed to know!!!!

I have been readin your comments with interest and u are a very negative man. Im sure someone of your ability and knowledge of the game would make a great manager. God, Antrim are full of twats like you ;D

Maybe i should be more upbeat and get on Woody & Sambos bandwagon like you,on second thoughts maybe i wont. Nothing seems to be any different this year compared to any other manager Antrim has had. A player told me that Sambo & Woody believe results should improve solely because they are in charge & the players should be inspired irrespective of the training methods.

North Antrim

There in lies the problem. I guarentee that player over time will be weeded out. He is no use to antrim cos he has a weak mentality. He already has an excuse. U see Syd im not a woody /sambo fan. In fact i think sambo as a person is a egotistic twat. But then again all top players/managers are that...Louighnane, Kernan, Harte etc. So im not jumpin on any band wagon. there are just too many players like ur soyrce, too many fans like you you want a get out clause, looking for the easy option. Players either do it 100%% or piss off and stop wasting everyones time.

This is the reason why there are so many losers in ANTRIM!!!!

Syd The Sailor

Quote from: North Antrim on March 16, 2007, 10:45:31 AM
There in lies the problem. I guarentee that player over time will be weeded out. He is no use to antrim cos he has a weak mentality. He already has an excuse. U see Syd im not a woody /sambo fan. In fact i think sambo as a person is a egotistic twat. But then again all top players/managers are that...Louighnane, Kernan, Harte etc. So im not jumpin on any band wagon. there are just too many players like ur soyrce, too many fans like you you want a get out clause, looking for the easy option. Players either do it 100%% or piss off and stop wasting everyones time.

This is the reason why there are so many losers in ANTRIM!!!!

The player in question has a "weak mentality",because he questions their methods? This player is about as dedicated as you will meet, and if there were a few more like him they wouldnt be in the state they are in. I do agree with you about Sambo though.  ;D

mightysaffrons

well said north!! ive never seen as many negative people on one forum in my life!! if not woody and sambo then who sid?????? do u agree with the methods jingo brought.... i.e. drinking on the bus on way home yeah could see cody and loughnane allowing that!! give the men a chance!! im as sceptical as the next man but give them a chance!!

and before ya say....yes they should have given jingo more of a chance!!! :L:L

North Antrim

At least someone agrees with me! Thanks O mighty one.

Ballycastle are training like mad at present. Humpy and Dessie Donnelly are in charge with wee mickey mcshane n Sum man Laverty helping them . I believe they have put in 6 weeks of real hard work. Now i no its early days yet but trust me these lads have never trained like this b4. I reckon they will give most teams a good game this year. Pinky is in gud nick, ad with some of the best young players in antrim there, they will give a good account of themselves.

think they play glenariffe on sat morning at 11am b4 goin on the rip!! its on their new pitch and next week they play james stephens Kilkenney as part of their official opening of their new superb grounds....

any other gossip??

im fed up talking about county set up

Tony Baloney

I think "going on the rip" has been one of the main issues with "the town" over the past 10-15 years. If they stayed out of the pub they might do more than make promises every year!

Vlad The Impaler

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 16, 2007, 02:34:35 PM
I think "going on the rip" has been one of the main issues with "the town" over the past 10-15 years. If they stayed out of the pub they might do more than make promises every year!

Have to agree with Tony Baloney,North Antrim was going great saying how hard Ballycastle were training until he mentioned their usual downfall "the demon drink".