Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

North Antrim

Hello Hurling folK

A new member to wind u all up!

Ah well, Antrim seniors arent goin the greatest to be fair. However I still believe that over time the 2 men will turn it round- its about changing mindsets. How many people from glenariffe, rossa, st johns, ballycastle n loughguile etc really no anything about committment. they keep doing the same they will always get the same - nothing!! so i think sambo etc need time to change this.

as for the clubs, well leagues dont start until 29th i believe....april! uLSTER LEAGUE BEGIN 7TH APRIL. aT LEAST HOPEFULLY WE WILL SEE SUM GAMES. heard loughguile have a new management team in.....will it make any difference?? Cushendall have approached Sean & Didan Delargys dad to manage them this year... think he might go!

Tony Baloney

Newbie are you in to troll or are you gonna make a contribution (you're obviously from the Dall!)?

Also, Sambo didn't exactly set the world alight at the helm in Cushendall a few years ago so people are entitled to their reservations about how this "dream team" will perform.

North Antrim

Who said i was from Cushendall.......lets just say i know a few people in right places. Karl McKeegan said at the start of the year that the difference in Sambo from 4/5 years ago to now is like night and day. He said Sambo had come in to take a few sessions for the dall in their run up to County final etc and he said he was top notch - wudnt have beieved i was the same man...

Last cuple of years i was keeping an eye on County minor training. Now i appreciate they had an extremely talented dquad but I was really impressed wit the rrespect they commanded, the committment theyt demanded, the intensity of there drills and preparation. Now take it from me i have watched many So Called big name coaches take sessions and thet were far from impressive. So lets not judge the 2 men on a couple of results.

Who do you fancy for club c'ship? Why?

Syd The Sailor

Well "North Antrim" i have spoken to a few of the players and they say the training is no different to anyone elses and Sambo does nothing but regale them of the good old days when he was lighting up the world.....
"I coulda been a contender.....i could've been somebody"

Tony Baloney

The good old days are nearly 20 years ago now so it's time he moved on and work with the players he has as I don't think the likes of Humpy, Clute and Niall Patterson will be making a comeback anytime soon!

North Antrim

Look lads....i owe sambo r anybody nothing!

Of course there wont be any difference in training drills....there the same here as they are in cork, cavan, kilkenny, dublin. Lets get this sorted. Wot im on about is the professional approach, mind-set, attitude. Most Antrim folk will allow a player to miss a training with a shit excuse, late for training, etc. That is and has been accepted in North Antrim and Antrim for years. It is the norm. However you need someone strong enugh who will not allow that to happen.

Take it from me.....you folk think that if a players got skill he shuold be played anyway. Bullshit...cos when the heat is turned up he will shit the nest. Last year on the bus, players were allowed to take a drink after NHL matches and in sum instances drink on bus on way home. NOW you might accept that but you will win f**k all and make NO PROGRESS

North Antrim

Also your minors this year will not cut any delf. Trust me, the new man Paul McStrivick is too nice to do anything. Already players who never missed training last year are missing training this year! you may blame the players. But its human nature. The control comes from the top! He must not allow any excuses. At sum training there could be anything from 5-12 players missing for a whole list of excuses. That NEVER happened last year. Why?? cos it wasnt allowed to happen.

There in lies the difference. You could bring DJ Carey up to Antrim to train the team. Training/coaching isnt the problem. A strong manager who keeps everyone in line and gets a panel together of players who WANT TO PLAY for ANTRIM is what is needed

Syd The Sailor

Quote from: North Antrim on March 15, 2007, 02:29:23 PM

Most Antrim folk will allow a player to miss a training with a shit excuse, late for training, etc. That is and has been accepted in North Antrim and Antrim for years. It is the norm. However you need someone strong enugh who will not allow that to happen.

Well kiddo the attendance at training has been sporadic at best, Conor Cunning was one of the better ones for training and he got the boot, a personality thing i hear.....And your other point about Karl saying there is a great difference in Sambo now and 4 years ago, well he is the one went crying to the papers ("allegedley" at the behest of the good Doctor) to get Sambo in so he isnt gonna say a bad word against him.....

theskull1

As I've said before, I'm glad that Conor will have more time to dedicate to club duties. I do think he has lost some of his edge over the past couple of years and he has become a bit injury prone. However, I also heard that he was an excellent attender at county training and challenge matches (something some of the established players couldn't say). He was however given no chance at all by the management to stake his claim. If they didn't think he was up to standard, why did they not give go in a challenge game and then make up thier mind based on his performance(s)? But to let a man train all winter, give him no opertunity at all to show his worth, then cut him from the panel was very disrespectful. Hardly good management when you consider at the outset that they demanded the level of commitment that Conor was giving them.

I hope he will show his worth this year for Dunloy
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

milltown row

haven't been on for a while Cheltenham is costing a fortune...... but to be dropped at this stage and be as good as Cunning is crazy, the players left in there at the minute compared to Conor are rubbish. but the county have brought these men in to do a good job for the county and so far the y have both failed i'm talking football as well both have been singing of the same book saying it will take time and it's a mind set that has to change. well tell us something we didn't know

structures within the county have to change money has to be pumped into schools to encourage all kids to play Hurling not enough work is being done within in the schools, and this is not a  bad reflection on Seamus Elliot and the rest but headquarters who say this and that will happen.

i find it starnge that we have top hurlers within the county who if approached will play football for the county instead..... a county that is ranked 31st in Ireland!!!!!!!!!

North Antrim

Any way wot about the clubs lads.....

Will the dall do 3 in a row??

Will loughguile have anything in them to come back?

Ballycastle - young team with sum exceptional young players

Dunloy - over the hill???

St Johns - too early for them

Wot u think?

Whose taking the teams

mightysaffrons

some whining being done here!! at the end of the day..jingo should have been given a chance for a year!! what harm would it have done???? whats the worst that would have happened?? get beat by 20 odd points by galway...ooo that happened anyways!! but thats in the past and the new management have to being given the chance to prove it!! given the backing from the board, players and FANS!!! if that is what u call urselves!!! apparently a few of the players are still pissed off at the treatment of jingo not all of them are under the spell of the gd doctor himself!!

apparently tosh is one of these and there is severe doubts as whether he will be back this year as he has a disliking to woody and sambo and has been made captain of glenariffe this year so the question is where will his loyalties lie!! training currently with glenariffe but been nowhere near the county!!!!!!!!!!!! FACT!!

Syd The Sailor

Quote from: mightysaffrons on March 15, 2007, 06:15:17 PM
apparently tosh is one of these and there is severe doubts as whether he will be back this year as he has a disliking to woody and sambo and has been made captain of glenariffe this year so the question is where will his loyalties lie!! training currently with glenariffe but been nowhere near the county!!!!!!!!!!!! FACT!!

Tosh is recovering from a groin operation so i would imagine it makes sense to regain his fitness at home rather than trailing away to county training,and if he didnt have Jumbos blessing im sure he would be back to the county. The fact that he is Glenariffe captain is neither here nor there....

Ruairi Og exile

Apparantly DD Quinn dropped cos he missed training on Sunday morning, Kevin Elliott dropped cos of the same reason. Still no manager for Cushendall yet,close to being sorted but not who North Antrim mentioned.

Syd The Sailor

Quote from: Ruairi Og exile on March 15, 2007, 10:11:08 PM
Apparantly DD Quinn dropped cos he missed training on Sunday morning, Kevin Elliott dropped cos of the same reason. Still no manager for Cushendall yet,close to being sorted but not who North Antrim mentioned.

Apparentley what is pissing some players off is that they are being selective in who they drop, there are far more than those two missing training......