Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shamrock

from my understanding the club will be dealing with it

aontroim

Talking to a few lads in the SW i dont think theres going to be much happening with the SW Select team.  As feared with each club involved being a dual club, there doesnt seem to be much of a buy in from clubs / players.  Heard there was one trial so far and have heard nothing more about it.

NAG1

Shamrock, just interested are the club going to deal with it in an attempt to avoid a punishment from the county board?

In all honesty I would still expect the county to take some action as this has to be rooted out.

Shamrock

Quote from: NAG1 on July 10, 2009, 08:52:42 AM
Shamrock, just interested are the club going to deal with it in an attempt to avoid a punishment from the county board?

In all honesty I would still expect the county to take some action as this has to be rooted out.

Cant shed alot of light on this NAG. I honestly dont think club are trying to avoid punishment. They believe it or not feel that they must punish the man regardless of county and will take what ever punishment county throw at us. But rumours that they will suspend us etc is total crap

the colonel

the county could hand out different punishments to the club, but what can the club do to the individual if he doesn't play or take teams? how could any club enforce any thing on a supporter
the difference between success and failure is energy

Lecale2

Quote from: Shamrock on July 10, 2009, 02:12:57 PM
But rumours that they will suspend us etc is total crap

Why? It's happened before in other counties.

maxpower

Quote from: Lecale2 on July 10, 2009, 02:25:06 PM
Quote from: Shamrock on July 10, 2009, 02:12:57 PM
But rumours that they will suspend us etc is total crap

Why? It's happened before in other counties.

with all the fuss about Ballinderry i think North Antrim will have to be seen to take action, I think as its an North Antrim competition Loughgiel could find themselves suspended from next years Adult Feis Competitions, which would seriously devalue the feis,
What happens next????

Shamrock

time will tell. You probably know more about it than i do. Either way is was an incident that shouldnt have happened.

maxpower

i know very little about it, just an opinion

think its a real shame when one individual lets down a whole club
What happens next????

theskull1

I heard he attacked herbie from behind like a sleekit dog. He's some man alright. Must run in the family. WTF comes into people to do stuff like that and as you say Max have let down their whole club.

Like it wasn't even an Ulster Final   :-[  :-\
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

NAG1

I wasnt getting at the loughgiel club per say but my point was that any club will have to be punished so that this kind of thing is eliminating completely. Clubs sometimes have to hold their hands up and say fair cop.

Only when a club/ parish is seen to be punished for the actions of one fool will the message start to get across that this was completely unacceptable for anyone.

The clamp down has to start somewhere or we will have no officals left.

Shamrock

Quote from: theskull1 on July 10, 2009, 02:45:36 PM
I heard he attacked herbie from behind like a sleekit dog. He's some man alright. Must run in the family. WTF comes into people to do stuff like that and as you say Max have let down their whole club.

Like it wasn't even an Ulster Final   :-[  :-\

Skull - f**k off. Must run in the family. Dont come on here an question anyones family.

NAG1

Why what happened earlier in the match Shamrock?

theskull1

Right back at you Shamrock
I've seen enough of the brother to make that comment and you know very well what I mean so stop going out of your way to be offended. The similarities are striking (literally)
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Shamrock

the brother is a tough boy. I aint offended skull. He gives as good as he gets.