Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

I wasnt sure myself what it was, was more of a question than a statement

Any word on how the NA select went in their challenge game against Cushendall last night?

the colonel

someone posted on the county website as the colonel- it certainly wasn't me
the difference between success and failure is energy

gelvis

Quote from: NAG1 on July 07, 2009, 04:23:41 PM
I wasnt sure myself what it was, was more of a question than a statement

Any word on how the NA select went in their challenge game against Cushendall last night?

I was playing in the game myself.  3 periods of 25 minutes and the game ended a tie 1.11 each.  Had to be stopped 10 mins early because of a bad back injury to Eoin McAllister but he was up and moving about again after half an hour.  Was a good hard game of hurling
"If you worried about falling off the bike, you'd never get on"

NAG1

who would be the main stays of the NA select team then?

theskull1

75 mins of hurling and 1-11 each doesn't sound like a good game all the same gelvis. Must have been plenty of timber flying to keep it interesting

Really looking forward to seeing the NA,SW & SA selects. Hope they bring a new spark to the championship. CCC will need their thinking hats on to stop fixture conjestion. I doubt if they will achieve it with this who palava regarding Liam McC relegation playoffs sqeezing an already tight schedule never mind the footballers being on a good run
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

gelvis

Darrren Hamill had a great game and so did the McDermott's Benny and Blaine, John and Liam Dillon were good too.
Cushendall didn't start Graffin or Karl McKeegan, they came on in the second period.

There was a decent crowd at the match and anyone I've spoken to since all agreed that it was a hard and tight macth.  The ball seemed to be flying around midfield and both sets of half forwards alot of the game.  Plenty of hooking, blocking and tackling so I couldn't really say that there were many clear cut scoring opportunities.

NAG1

Good to see that they are actively seeking games and that some work is going in.

Hopefully they will add a bit of spark to the championship as skull says but we might be playing championship in November at this rate.

gelvis

Aye I know...what is the craic with the Antrim match anyway?  Can we or can we not get relegated.  I read something on the county board guestbook -

"What do the new fixtures mean for Antrim hurling? The losers of the Antrim/Offaly play Clare/Galway and the loser of the second game gets relegated?
No, Antrim, Offaly and the losers of Clare v Galway and Limerick v Wexford all go into a hat and play off. The 2 losers of those games then play-off to decide who is "relegated". Endless and certainly not doing anything to help club activity."

NAG1

Aye but were we gauranteed LMcC competition for 3 years or not that will drag it out even more.

Anyway time it was wrapped up its time for the serious hurling to start.

Antrim Coaster

The first round of championship matches are fixed for the weekend of August 7th, 8th and 9th with JHC on Friday night, IHC on Saturday and SHC on the Sunday. If the members of the NA panel are playing Junior and Intermediate with their clubs will they be expected to play with NA on the Sunday. 2 championship matches in 2 days is asking a wee bit much. Can anyone shine any light on this.

maxpower

Quote from: Antrim Coaster on July 09, 2009, 02:09:32 PM
The first round of championship matches are fixed for the weekend of August 7th, 8th and 9th with JHC on Friday night, IHC on Saturday and SHC on the Sunday. If the members of the NA panel are playing Junior and Intermediate with their clubs will they be expected to play with NA on the Sunday. 2 championship matches in 2 days is asking a wee bit much. Can anyone shine any light on this.

Do NA not play Ballycastle next weekend
What happens next????

NAG1

That was my understanding of it but now this match in the AI losers section will probably be then so thats that out the window then.

Shamrock

Well lads, my apologise for not posting earlier in week. Disappointed at losing Feis final. Like someone said earlier, Cushendall wont be too worried from what they saw from either side. Although imo the best team on night lost.

Cant let this pass without commenting on the incident that happened after the match. It was a disgrace and one which will be dealt with. No room for that in our great sport.

Must congratulate Glenarm on a great Feis. I was one who doubted the choice of venue, but i was there both on sat and sun and both days were exceelent in terms of stewarding, provision and craic. Well done.

NAG1

Shamrock dealt with how? if we can ask

clootfromthe21

Quote from: gelvis on July 09, 2009, 11:31:22 AM
Darrren Hamill had a great game and so did the McDermott's Benny and Blaine, John and Liam Dillon were good too.
Cushendall didn't start Graffin or Karl McKeegan, they came on in the second period.

There was a decent crowd at the match and anyone I've spoken to since all agreed that it was a hard and tight macth.  The ball seemed to be flying around midfield and both sets of half forwards alot of the game.  Plenty of hooking, blocking and tackling so I couldn't really say that there were many clear cut scoring opportunities.

Gelvis - any chance you could give us a break down of the line up (should be in a song that!) of the NA team?