Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

Yes most assuredly so!  8)

Minder

Quote from: whiskeysteve on July 06, 2009, 12:05:17 PM
An Antrim fella told me that 'The Pound' in Loughgiel is the best spot for a night out in North Antrim, is this so?
Was the fellas surname McGarry?

It's a great spot if you love talking about cows and Joe Cooney.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

milltown row

Antrim hurlers must beat Offaly in the final play-off game of the season if they are to avoid playing Christy Ring Cup hurling next season after falling to defeat to Laois in Saturday evening's qualifier in O'Moore Park, Portlaoise.
After falling behind early in the game Antrim hit back to level with four Karl McKeegan points which tied the scores on 0-6 to 0-6 by half-time, but Antrim did have the use of the fresh breeze in that first half.
Laois looked the better team after the break but when Hyland missed a penalty soon after after the break Antrim hit back and Neil McManus scored an Antrim penalty at the other end to put his team 1-7 to 0-8 ahead.
However the remainder of the half  saw the home team regain the upper hand and they outscored Antrim by 11 points to two during a period of dominance.
Michael Herron and Paddy Richmond hit late points for Antrim but it was a case of too little, too late and Laois booked their place in the next round while Antrim face the tough task of beating Offaly in a relegation play-off to prevent a return to the Christy Ring Cup.

Scorers -- Laois: W Hyland 0-7 (3f), J Brophy, B Campion (3f) 0-3 each, C Del-aney, J Walsh 0-2 each, T Fitzgerald 0-1. Antrim: K McKeegan 0-6 (4f 1'65), N McManus 1-0 (pen), P Richmond, M Herron 0-2 each, CJ McGourty, S Del-argy 0-1 each.

Laois: T Doran; J A Delaney, D Maher, B Stapleton; M Whelan, B Campion, M McEvoy; C Delaney, J Walsh; E Jackman, O Holohan, W Hyland; E Costelloe, T Fitzgerald, J Brophy Subs: J Rowney for Costelloe (45); B Dunne for Jackman (55); J Purcell for Fitzgerald (70)
Antrim: R McGarry; K McGourty, N McG-arry, A Graffin; C Herron, J Campbell, N McAuley; S Delargy, K McKeegan; N McManus, C Donnelly, E McCloskey; PJ O'Connell, P Richmond, J Scullion. Subs: M Herron for O'Connell (22); CJ McGourty for Donnelly (ht); B Herron for McAuley (40); D McKillop for McCloskey (42); K Kelly for C Herron (56)
Referee: P O'Connor (Limerick)

a bad return from our forwards. Micko scored two as a sub and Cj!!!!!   

theskull1

4 of the starting forwards didn't score. Jesus we lack a consistent threat in that department.

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

NAG1

Hard to be consistent two weeks in a row when one of those weeks your in Spain in the sun Skull  :D

NAG1

Lads,

Has anyone seen the latest coming out of croke park, it now seems that the losers of the Antrim Offaly match will have to play the losers of the Galway Clare game, so there is another weekend wasted without a club game, thats since the start of june not a decent ball struck in a club game.
Correct me if Im wrong but arent we a summer sport and two of the summer month June/July the whole county is sitting idle.

Lecale2

What about the losers of the Limerick/Wexford game?

NAG1

Yes thats what makes it up

galway v clare - losers

Limerick v wexford - losers

All into a draw with antrim and offaly meaning there will be two more games to decided who drops out of the liam mccarthy and seeing as we couldnt beat laois I would seriously reckon we will be involved in both games.

the colonel

lads the fixtures croke park set out cant be blamed on the county, but your right, more games should be played
the difference between success and failure is energy

NAG1

Im not blaming the county for this one colonel, what I am saying is there is something wrong at the root of this that the best of the summer is spent sitting idly by watching instead of what we are in this association for 'playing' and taking part.

the colonel

yeah NAG, croke park have bundled this one up again, seems they cant seem to get fixtures right
the difference between success and failure is energy

theskull1

If only the administrators had more time to look at these things properly. I think they should be full time employed  ::)

NAG1

So now according to the Doctor we cant be relegated?

Plus is it my understanding that the losers in the relegation play off have to play the winners of the christy ring in a one off promotion relegation game. At this rate we will be into the middle of August without a ball being struck in anger on the club scene.

theskull1

Minder

Quote from: NAG1 on July 07, 2009, 04:05:20 PM
So now according to the Doctor we cant be relegated?

Plus is it my understanding that the losers in the relegation play off have to play the winners of the christy ring in a one off promotion relegation game. At this rate we will be into the middle of August without a ball being struck in anger on the club scene.
Not how I read it Nag, I thought winner of CR was straight into McCarthy Cup. I'm sure there is time for them to change things again though.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"