Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnneycool

Quote from: Lecale2 on June 05, 2009, 02:16:00 PM
Don't know who conducted the interviews but they all report to Jimmy Darragh. He sets targets & goals etc and report to County Boards & Ulster Council.

So Jimmy would be setting the targets and objectives for all county hurling developement officers throughout Ulster and not the respective county board executives?

now Jimmy should/would have a good working knowledge of Antrim and Belfast hurling in particular but every county has its own wee quirks and oddities especially football dominated counties which the other 8 in Ulster are and I'd have thought this centralised, one shoe fits all approach mightn'd be the best to tackle local issues.

I see we in Down have a new hurling development officer in Mickey McCullough, so best of luck to him as he'll be working with some devious hoors along the way.

milltown row

Quote from: johnneycool on June 05, 2009, 02:58:10 PM
Quote from: Lecale2 on June 05, 2009, 02:16:00 PM
Don't know who conducted the interviews but they all report to Jimmy Darragh. He sets targets & goals etc and report to County Boards & Ulster Council.

So Jimmy would be setting the targets and objectives for all county hurling developement officers throughout Ulster and not the respective county board executives?

now Jimmy should/would have a good working knowledge of Antrim and Belfast hurling in particular but every county has its own wee quirks and oddities especially football dominated counties which the other 8 in Ulster are and I'd have thought this centralised, one shoe fits all approach mightn'd be the best to tackle local issues.

I see we in Down have a new hurling development officer in Mickey McCullough, so best of luck to him as he'll be working with some devious hoors along the way.

another Belfast man, christ its true we do know more that the north antrim hurlers ;)

NAG1

Seems that way at least it is a progression from the Tyrone job, what was that shout about jobs for the boys?  :-\

theskull1

Quote from: milltown row on June 05, 2009, 03:03:43 PM
another Belfast man, christ its true we do know more that the north antrim hurlers ;)

In the interview room definately  :)
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

milltown row

First Goalscorer for their Team  Hide 

D O'Callaghan  10/3 

CJ McGourty  6/1 

L Rushe  5/1 

M Herron  7/1 

D Treacy  13/2 

N McManus  7/1 

A McCrabbe  15/2 

K Stewart  7/1 

L Ryan  17/2 

PJ O'Connell  8/1 

S Durkin  9/1 

P Richmond  8/1 

J McCaffrey  14/1 

S Delargy  11/1 

J Boland  14/1 

K McKeegan  14/1 

No Dublin Goal  3/1 

No Antrim Goal  2/1 

think the best priced is McManus

Minder

What is the handicap betting?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Minder

Quote from: Minder on June 05, 2009, 07:01:31 PM
What is the handicap betting?
An excellent question Minder, Antrim are 11/10 (+6)
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

slow corner back

Quote from: milltown row on June 05, 2009, 05:58:28 PM
First Goalscorer for their Team  Hide 

D O'Callaghan  10/3 

CJ McGourty  6/1 

L Rushe  5/1 

M Herron  7/1 

D Treacy  13/2 

N McManus  7/1 

A McCrabbe  15/2 

K Stewart  7/1 

L Ryan  17/2 

PJ O'Connell  8/1 

S Durkin  9/1 

P Richmond  8/1 

J McCaffrey  14/1 

S Delargy  11/1 

J Boland  14/1 

K McKeegan  14/1 

No Dublin Goal  3/1 

No Antrim Goal  2/1 

think the best priced is McManus

Best priced is PJ o Connell, goes for goal when there are easy points to be taken. Hopefully will learn as he gets more experience.

milltown row

i think the best price is McManus to score first goal for antrim. he will get round his man and will go for goal. 7/1

slow corner back

Quote from: the colonel on June 05, 2009, 02:57:42 PM
Players selected for a trial for NA squad for the championship. will that make much impact?

Blain Mc Dermott Shane O'Neills
Brendan Mc Dermott Shane O'Neills
Padraig Mc Dermott Shane O'Neills
Darren Hamill Shane O'Neills
Michael Abram Shane O'Neills
Martin Ward Shane O'Neills
Chris Matthews Shane O'Neills
Barry Mc Neill Shane O'Neills
Ciaran Campbell Shane O'Neills
Damien Mc Toal Glen Rovers
Seamus Bailey Glen Rovers
Martin Mc Erlain Glen Rovers
Charles Mc Cormick Glen Rovers
Gerard Mc Fetridge Glen Rovers
John Dillon Glen Rovers
Rory Mc Quillan Emmets
Eoin Mc Quillan Emmets
Mark Scally Emmets
Niall Mc Auley Emmets
Brian Mc Neill Con Magees
Neil Mc Cann Con Magees
Damien O'Hagan Con Magees
Stevey Acheson Con Magees
Kieran Mc Keown Con Magees
Niall Donnelly Con Magees
Shane Woulahan Con Magees
Michael Lismore Latharna Og
Marc Larmour Latharna Og
Darren Mc Neill Latharna Og
Conor Laverty St Brigids
Stevie Smyth St Brigids
Michael Devlin St Brigids
James Doherty St Brigids
Aaron Smylie St Brigids
Liam Kearns St Brigids
Stephen Martin St Brigids
James Mc Couaig Carey Faughs
Martin Hunter Carey Faughs
Doug Mc Auley Carey Faughs
Colm Mc Bride Carey Faughs
Sean Mc Laughlin Carey Faughs
Nataniel Hunter Carey Faughs
Tommy Devlin Carey Faughs
Fintan Mc Carry Carey Faughs

There is a young player, Cassley I think?, from Ballymena who is on the curent county panel, played against westmeath as a sub , surprised he is not on that panel unless Ballymena comes under SW. As for the team themselves some decent enough players at Div 3 level but lack of preparation will hamper them. For any of the combination sides to make an impact they needed to be doing this in March and have a settled 25 by now and be playing challenge matches at the minute against some of the down sides or dungiven or somebody of that ilk. This all looks a bit haphazard and last minute. It unfortunatly reminds me of some of the combination teams Armoy were involved with in the late eighties that lacked in preparation andfailed to make any impact despite the presence of some very good hurlers.
Are any of the other combinations more advanced than NA?

Glensman

Are both Rasharkin and Ballymena in the SW then?

imtommygunn

Who would be in the SW? It must be quite limited. Rasharkin, Ballymena, Ahoghill and Creggan. Anyone else?

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 06, 2009, 08:50:52 PM
Who would be in the SW? It must be quite limited. Rasharkin, Ballymena, Ahoghill and Creggan. Anyone else?
Randalstown are in SW i'd imagine. They would need every decent player in them clubs to commit which will be hard as they are all dual clubs. They would be very weak compared to NA & SA.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: groundlie on June 07, 2009, 03:36:16 PM
That was phish. Was not like a championship match at all. Dublin never got out of 2nd gear and they must have hit about 15 wides in the second half. We where so bad it, our forwards looked out of their depth, McKeegan tried hard, he seemed the only one. CJ should stick to the big ball.

Was CJ there?

slow corner back

Have to agree with a lot of what hatchetfield has just said. Not so sure about Paddy Richmond at midfield tho definitly should have beeen in full forward after 10 minutes of the second half we were getting completely overrun in the half forward line and midfield by then, only McKeegan showed any bite.
Realistically in the first half we missed two 65s two 21 yd frees another free from wide on the 21 and one from midfield, there may have been more but thats what sticks in my head.  I thought we really had Dublin in trouble despite missing all those chances. Anthony Daly must have thought so to because he made wholesale changes to his side which started to turn things round. Unfortunatley Antrim did not respond to Dalys changes and we were overrun. I thought the defender played well until heads started to drop in the last ten minutes, may well have been tiredness. Johnny Campbell had one of his best games for Antrim I thought and Neal McAuley cleared a ton of ball but it kept coming back down their throats in the second half.
Good marks to the defence for a good sixty minutes, as for the forwards 12 points in 75 minutes of hurling says it all. To win matches you need players who can take scores, we took one of our few score getters and left him at midfield for 65 minutes ???
I did not hear the people abusing S+W but it is poor form, I have said before on here about so called Antrim fans going along hoping the team will lose and cheering when the opposition scores and it is completely stupid. Do these people cheer against there own club teams? It is one thing to have a moan and a bitch in the pub after a game but to cheer against your own team is just nonsense.