Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

milltown row

luck plays a big part sometimes but the big teams are there because they have done well for years at juvenile and senior. we got lucky one year at senior football but the ground work was done for years before hand and the lads came through on to a winning team.

slow corner back

Depends on the size and scale of your team HS, for a wee club like Armoy one good minor team can sustain you for a very long time, in terms of winning a senior championship say 5 players off one minor team allied to a few good experienced players can take you a long way. The Dunloy feile na gael team circa 1984 went on to win plenty of championships ( although they were exceptional).

milltown row

St Johns have won plenty of minor championships, it does not come through to senior for some reason

milltown row

i find that bizzare, whats his reason for not playing

milltown row

Quote from: hardstation on May 16, 2009, 12:27:15 AM
Quote from: milltown row on May 16, 2009, 12:25:51 AM
St Johns have won plenty of minor championships, it does not come through to senior for some reason
What the f**k?
They won it the other year but before that it was 1981.

won competed in, ya know what i mean

milltown row

its the drink ;)

playing south antrim and div 4 when i can, long may it continue, but the drink and gambling is stoping me from getting on Sambos team

milltown row

:D :D :D 89 ya cheeky bugger. same age as Joe. but better looking

I'd a real hard paper round, during the war it was a bad time, dodging bullets bombs and priests

milltown row

Senior Hurling Challenge Waterford 1.14 Antrim 0.19

seen this on the county webshite

Tony Baloney

Quote from: milltown row on May 16, 2009, 06:05:28 PM

The whole of Antrim can breathe a sigh of relief. Antrim are back to their best!

milltown row

5/1 on paddy power, we are running a bus down. bookie on board and free drink!! that rules out O'Neill ;)

Lecale2

Free drink? Can I go?

Minder

Are the tickets on sale this week for the Dublin game?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Minder on May 16, 2009, 08:55:37 PM
Are the tickets on sale this week for the Dublin game?
Wednesday night 7.30-8.30 at Casement for clubs and same time Thurs night for sale to general public.

slow corner back

Quote from: milltown row on May 16, 2009, 06:05:28 PM

Good result better than getting a tanking would like to see who was playing/scoring

theskull1

Your minor championship win was 05 groundie and you beat Dunloy at a cantor. Those boys would have been U21 last year. Care to take the rose tinted spectacles off and tell us why youse didn't enter a team?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera