Tonights Results

Gaeil Chluana  2-13 3-10 Shane O Neills  Ahoghill   
Gort Na Mona   0-17 1-12 St. Galls  Gort Na Mona   
St. Pauls  0-6 2-16 Rossa   St. Pauls   
Tir na Nog  0-10 1-12 Glenariff  Tir Na Nog
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

anailís

Loughgiel 1-9 Cushendall 0-10
Very poor, scrappy game of hurling. Matthews unable to referee, so McGilligan (Dunloy) did the needful. Couldn't seem to make his mind up if he should let it go/play advantage or blow it up.
Not much between the two teams on show, apart from a soft goal dropped into the net in 1st half by Fred McAuley. Young Laverty quite accurate from dead ball, most of 'Dall's scores coming in 2nd half from frees (only scored 2 points in 1st half against breeze).
Loughgiel only team unbeaten so far in league, not that that means much nowadays. Used to be these games would have drawn a big crowd, what can be done to make the league more interesting/attractive for clubs?

theskull1

Whos the cart and whos the horse? A big crowd driving their team on usually produces more entertaining hurling. Theres a shower of lazy fcukers in every town up and down the land. Poor enough crowd I thought at the Ballycastle/Dunloy Game (Dunloy won by a point in another scrappy affair). Just goes to show the real GAA supporters when theres a premiership match on. 
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

bredaghgael86

we beat all saints something like 6-17 0-03, althoug from what i gather they had two men sent off. wins a win all the same

Last Man

We beat the Aggies by 6 in a fairly scrappy affair as it normally is with them. They always get tore into us like a c'ship game for some reason which put us on the back foot for a while, wild pulling left them a man down half way through the second half but they still managed to work a couple of good goal chances which thankfully we dealt with.

maxpower

Thats a mad result against All Saints, its a real pity Ballymena can't get a serious team together,  I remember as well them beating Armoy (ithink Clute was even playing) in the mid nineties in Junior championship.  With that population and some decent young players who never seem to make it through

Agree with Skull, poor enough show/game between Dunloy and Ballycastle.  Gabby in goals made a couple of excellent saves and poc outs were good.

What do they feed those Donnelly's down in the town, Matthew Donnelly hurling last night, big beast of a man, and still minor next year
What happens next????

NAG

Ballycastle are making a shape at it anyway it would seem. I would say if they could gather up one of two more serious players they would not be too far away with some decent training and committment.

theskull1

Quote from: NAG on May 14, 2009, 09:36:30 AM
Ballycastle are making a shape at it anyway it would seem. I would say if they could gather up one of two more serious players they would not be too far away with some decent training and committment.

Agree, but it seems like a big if for the town NAG. I think they will this year for some reason. Jesus thon Matt Donnelly is a serious size of a man for 17 and his brother Ryan is no small fry either. He would need to keep training to keep all of it muscle. The same could be said for Peter Dallat. Antrim are crying out for big fit hurlers. I hope "they" give them 2-3 years to improve in their clubs before getting them involved at senior county

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

NAG

Yeah I would hope so too, but is it just me or are they producing all these big men who have a tendency to be defenders if they had a spinkling of quicker nippier forwards to go along with these guys then they would be a force to be reckoned with.

the colonel

wait to you see Ciaran Clarke.............

who's taking the town now anyway
the difference between success and failure is energy

NAG

Ive seen him already and no doubt there is a talent there, he could do with 2 - 3 friends to make them seriously competitive.

north aontroim gael

You are 100% about young clarke.  I'd say Liam Watson is the best forward we've seen in Ulster over the last decade or so but this youngfella has what Liam had and more plus he has the right attitude.  Going to be a real star.  Ballycastle could well be a serious force in four/five years time if they keep things together. They have wonderful facilities and a good catchment area

JamesH

North Antrim Gael, young Clarke is a great talent but only 15/16 and many things can happen between now and senior, not least soccer which he would also be good at and has been on trials. As for Ballycastle they have no chance as they have no club now worth talking about. They are run by the funboy three (Donnelly's) and nobody else allowed a say. They don't have any decent coaches bar maybe Humpy and he's with Down. The club discipline is bad at underage( 2u14's sent of in Ulster feile). On the plus side it has numbers if it ever gets sorted.

MrT

Quote from: JamesH on May 14, 2009, 12:59:14 PM
North Antrim Gael, young Clarke is a great talent but only 15/16 and many things can happen between now and senior, not least soccer which he would also be good at and has been on trials. As for Ballycastle they have no chance as they have no club now worth talking about. They are run by the funboy three (Donnelly's) and nobody else allowed a say. They don't have any decent coaches bar maybe Humpy and he's with Down. The club discipline is bad at underage( 2u14's sent of in Ulster feile). On the plus side it has numbers if it ever gets sorted.

Young shane jennings and james mclister or mcalister :-\ i cant remember, are both great players for ballycastle at minor now as well although soccer may take jennings away from them

joedenilson

Howya lads,

I'm trying to collate all the league tables in the country and was wondering could you help me.
Are the tables on http://antrim.sportsmanager.ie accurate/up to date? If not can you let me know where I could get them?