Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glensman

http://www.antrimgaa.net/news/details/?id=1633

Haven't tried Casement myself yet. What way does it work? Do you put names down for tickets or are they available now then?

NAG

I would imagine they will be on ticketmaster as well so they can get their cut.

Casement will get an allocation of tickets but im not sure as to how they will be handed out. Dublin Meath is a massive draw even in the credit crunch so I would expect there will be a full house.

Minder

Quote from: NAG on May 12, 2009, 11:43:28 AM
I would imagine they will be on ticketmaster as well so they can get their cut.

Casement will get an allocation of tickets but im not sure as to how they will be handed out. Dublin Meath is a massive draw even in the credit crunch so I would expect there will be a full house.

I have a fair idea.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Fairhead

Quote from: NAG on May 11, 2009, 11:53:46 AM
True enough Skull

Dont think anyone could name the antrim team including S&W at the moment. Shorty doesnt look like he is going to make. Pinkie has a broken finger/ Hand as does Karl McK. Plus even if they had a full compliment god knows what team they would pick anyway.

Pinky's hand was in very bad shape after the Loughgiel matah last week and and had to have an operation on Friday. He will not be playing for Antrim against Dublin by all accounts.

anailís

Looks like that was two broken hands in that loughgiel ballycastle game last week. Ding broke his too, i hear - although doesn't sound as bad as Pinky's ordeal though.

NAG

From what I hear pinkie will do well to hurl again and on the other one Karma is a bitch!

north aontroim gael

Quote from: Fairhead on May 12, 2009, 09:31:45 PM
Quote from: NAG on May 11, 2009, 11:53:46 AM
True enough Skull

Dont think anyone could name the antrim team including S&W at the moment. Shorty doesnt look like he is going to make. Pinkie has a broken finger/ Hand as does Karl McK. Plus even if they had a full compliment god knows what team they would pick anyway.

Pinky's hand was in very bad shape after the Loughgiel matah last week and and had to have an operation on Friday. He will not be playing for Antrim against Dublin by all accounts.

Must of been a bad slap he took, but am I right in thinking he had previous trouble with his hand over recent months.

Its unfortunate that with the limited squad we have coming up to the Dublin game we're dealing with injuries to a few key players.  I still fancy us to give Dublin a real rattle though.  Do you think S&W will go with O'Connell in nets or will they give Mc Garry the nod as his suspension will be up by the time of the Dublin game.

NAG

Hard to have faith in a keeper playing reserve hurling for his club good a keeper as he might well be!

north aontroim gael

Quote from: NAG on May 13, 2009, 11:47:31 AM
Hard to have faith in a keeper playing reserve hurling for his club good a keeper as he might well be!

I think the position he finds himself in is an unfortunate one but one which will ultimately cost him come the Dublin game.

north aontroim gael

I see Dunloys young goalkeeper is keeping Gareth Magee of the team at present.  I don't think Magee trained last year but he was a class act when he was in the team for Dunloy a few years ago.  Do the Dunloy contributors think this will be the case come ye olde championship?

JamesH

Magee played against us on Sunday. He wasn't really tested, Dunloy are playing them week about which isn't great either. Gabby drooped a couple last week I'm told which is a pity as he hurled very well last year and you can bet he will cause them a lot less trouble that that other clown

maxpower

Both on the panel, playing week about at minute, or half about in some games.  Don't see any great problem in that, it is still only May and keepers deserve their fair crack of the whip too

As for who starts the first round of the Championship, at this stage i'd have no idea
What happens next????

Minder

Its hardly ideal, would it not better if they decide on one keeper, tell him he is the number one and let him get on with it until form or fitness dictates otherwise. It wouldnt be great for a full back line playing with a different keeper every week. In my opinion when Magee is on his game he is the best keeper in Antrim.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

NAG

Id agree with that Minder. But I dont see any harm in letting both of them prove themselve throughout the season and then make a call on it going on form running into the championship.

theskull1

Magee when he's in the right frame of mind is a class act. But his appetite went and he didn't play for us last year last year. If he can find the zest for it and prove his commitment to the team again then Gabby will have a fight on his hand. But the same is true for Magee. Gabby is a tough commited lad and won't lie down to the challenge IMO. He was superb for us last year and didn't put a foot wrong that I can remember and it was only age/size that limited his range on the puckouts. This year his puck outs are going farther and his hands are still good. With them pushing each other on Dunloy will be all the stronger for it.  
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera