Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Interesting team.

Is Ciaran Herron injured? I assume Micky Herron is out because of the sigerson?

I like that full back line. Not sure Elliot has the pace for county hurling and would prefer to see Campbell on the wing.

Are McAuley and McManus really forwards?

I think in time McManus will mould into a CHB and I think he could turn into one of Antrim's best ever but I suppose he will sweep up at CHF for the time being.

Not a bad team. Must be the fewest Dunloy men on a county hurling team in years.

Watson is better suited to the wing. Haven't seen enough of Stewart or Shields to know what they're like.

milltown row

think Ciaran herron has been dropped, the lads were training at Casement last night under lights. Sundays is the level were we are at at this should be a more competitive game. the forwards didn't get a look in against Galway. hopefully proper ball going in this Sunday should make a difference.

against Galway we played quick ball but it was either high or short or misplaced (hurried) thought Micko was our best forawrd last time so he'll be a big miss. McKeegan and Brendan Herron did well in the early stages of the game, but for me the game at midfield did not have a big impact on the outcome. all the good ball came from the halfback line and fullforward line for Galway.

theskull1

With Johnny Tosh injured, I really don't know where the scores are going to come from to win the game. Can't blame Sambo & Woody for this. We have a distinct lack of scoring forwards at the minute. Hope I'm proved wrong
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Syd The Sailor

I would actually give Kevin Elliott his chance, he has been a more consistent player for Cushendall than Karl Mc Keegan, midfield suits Karl better because he does not have to mark his man as tightly as CHB. He had a habit of clearing a lot of ball but letting his man run free.
"I coulda been a contender.....i could've been somebody"

aontroim

skull what's the craic with big Paddy - isn't he getting married later in the year? If so he'll be missing for the sharp end of the season.

theskull1

Yip...sometime June/July. Don't ask me for a date as I'm not a woman :).
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

maxpower

Aye Skull i feel all femine now since i know the date, its in July and if i'm right clashes with a Liam McCarthey Cup match as does his honeymoon.
What happens next????

Glensman

So how often do you fell FEMINE then Max Power...is it any good?

Surely if Antrim build up any head of steam at all this year Paddy's wife can be told that honeymoons come and go but Antrim with a serious chance to win a Liam McCarthy match should not be missed.

I agree about Kevin Elliot being worth a shot...good to hear he is part of the panel having been overlooked/opted out for a few years.
I also agree that the full back line looks strong. Lets hope pinky stays in his best position for a while.

Syd The Sailor

Antrim are 6/4 to beat Dublin on Sunday, that must be worth a few quid.

Blacksheep

Where did you get that price Syd?
Blacksheep - a reckless and unprincipled reprobate!

Syd The Sailor

Quote from: Blacksheep on March 03, 2007, 10:37:56 AM
Where did you get that price Syd?

Eastwoods, they are probably reading too much into Dublins draw with Kilkenny, they have never travelled well to Casement. Hopefully we will have too much for them.

Baile an tuaigh

Not so sure myself. Antrim teams tend to be very "windy" and lack steal and resolve. I also think too many very young Hurlers, have been added very quickly to the panel. Hope I am wrong but I expect Dublin to win tomorrow. I see glaring weak spots on that Antrim team but won't insult anyone because they would still be better than me :P ;D

Syd The Sailor

Antrim match postponed. Waterlogged pitch.

Syd The Sailor

Anybody any idea when the Dublin match will be rescheduled........

mightysaffrons

been reading the site for a while now and decided to register!! heard a wee rumour there over the weekend.... why is Tosh not on the county panel??? he injured?? heard that he is making a protest over jingo getting the sack?? is this a load of crap?? anyone shed any light??