Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Last Man

Totally sickened after our defeat to All Saints in a game we through away through poor defending, time for a clearout of the ould boys starting with me. The brain is still barking the right orders but the arms and legs have gone AWOL :(

theskull1

ah tis hell boy when that happens

Dunloy/Loughgiel match was a bit of a damp squib of a game where the bodies ran out 3 point winners in the end. We caused them a few problems up front in the first half but stopped in the second. Encouraging in places, but it needs to be done for 60 minutes.

Reserves won.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

NAG

Were boths teams full strength Skull?

maxpower

Both team missing a few, Loughgiel without JC & Winker, Dunloy had no Rab, Woody, Paddy Richmond, Shorty or Conor Cunning.

Decent first half, loughgiel dominated the second.
What happens next????

NAG

Who stood out then Max or did any one?

maxpower

Hard to say, conditions weren't great, windy, starting to get dark and soft underfoot.

Never seen a team like loughgiel for changing there team. Barney from half back to full forward, Ding from corner back to centre forward, Martin Scullion from centre forward to wing back.  worked for them on Sun
What happens next????

NAG

Wouldnt think that would stay that way for too much longer, cant see them lining out like that for the Championship.

bredaghgael86

We beat the aggies by 4 on sunday i think. tough match on wednesday against st.endas which should be interesting.

Last Man

Good win for yous BG, the Aggies are always hard to roll early in the season when they are at their fittest and most physical. Don't see us presenting much of a challenge after what we put up to an understrength B'mena side, at least there is hope with our U14s winning the D2 Ulster Feile at the weekend. We should have been D1 but I dont think we would have worked with Slaughtneil who were mighty by all accounts.

bredaghgael86

Quote from: Last Man on May 05, 2009, 12:07:45 PM
Good win for yous BG, the Aggies are always hard to roll early in the season when they are at their fittest and most physical. Don't see us presenting much of a challenge after what we put up to an understrength B'mena side, at least there is hope with our U14s winning the D2 Ulster Feile at the weekend. We should have been D1 but I dont think we would have worked with Slaughtneil who were mighty by all accounts.

Auk now come on last man,i wouldnt be falling for that too quickly.  Where you boys understrength on sunday? we have been missing a couple this year, sunday was the worst turn out to date. So im hopin our boys come back and you lot travel light.  well done to your u-14s, can only beat whats put in front of you i guess.

Last Man

We'll see, yous are blessed with county standard minors which we have not and is the root cause of our downward spiral.

Lecale2

Where's the St Paul's pitch?

Lecale2

Quote from: hardstation on May 05, 2009, 10:14:44 PM
The nigger in the woodpile is that they own a pitch on Boucher Road.

How come? I thought it was a council pitch. BTW thanks - i didn't realise St Pauls were next door to Rossa.

Lecale2

Davitts play there an awful lot as well. Sorry I'll re-phrase that - Davitt's line out there.

the colonel

watson was playing for DC tonight, hurling return maybe not far off
the difference between success and failure is energy