Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG

Max think you have to mix in a bit of our earlier discussion about how bad ballygalget are on their travels or maybe you are starting the kidology a bit early this year.

milltown row

aye me thinks that also but i doubt the Shamrocks look in on "our" affairs on this board.

thought the referee who did our game at the weekend was spot on. McAuley

Glenariffe scored heavily on Sunday night, i take it you missed it Minder

maxpower

Not at all, Ballygalget were in an Ulster Final last year so to be beating them comprehensively without the backbone of your team is no mean feat.  Granted they don't seem to travel well, and i think i saw Magic Johnston at our game with Ballycran.

Deccy Magee refereed the Dunloy game and did a fair job, took plenty of abuse from the Cran line after the match, sometimes think his reputation is going before him

Also see Cloughmills had a big result against Lamh Dearg,
What happens next????

NAG

Did I head right that the county are going to be playing Limerick in a friendly this weekend in Ballycastle?

johnneycool

Quote from: maxpower on April 27, 2009, 10:26:18 AM
Not at all, Ballygalget were in an Ulster Final last year so to be beating them comprehensively without the backbone of your team is no mean feat.  Granted they don't seem to travel well, and i think i saw Magic Johnston at our game with Ballycran.

Deccy Magee refereed the Dunloy game and did a fair job, took plenty of abuse from the Cran line after the match, sometimes think his reputation is going before him

Also see Cloughmills had a big result against Lamh Dearg,

We're struggling to fill key positions on our team currently and the loss of Barry Coulter in the forwards is proving a hard position to fill. Barry's best years were behind him a good while ago but he knew how to make space for his colleagues and had that bit of leadership which is sorely lacking.
Big Magic for all his talent is a hoor to manage with lads filling his head full of shite. He was kinda afraid of Gerard Monan so did as he was told and even at that Gerard Monan made him sit on the bench if he failed to train or turn up for the previous game, I'm not sure how the new management are going to work him as we might be desperate to get points on the board very very soon.

17 points is a big tanking in anyones books so there'll be blood and snotters aplenty this tuesday night!!

Minder

Quote from: milltown row on April 27, 2009, 10:20:38 AM
aye me thinks that also but i doubt the Shamrocks look in on "our" affairs on this board.

thought the referee who did our game at the weekend was spot on. McAuley

Glenariffe scored heavily on Sunday night, i take it you missed it Minder

Aye they did, St Pauls are atrocious by all accounts. There are going to be a few hammerings in Div 2 this year. Rossa are going well i see.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

milltown row

i believe they had a club wedding and maybe this didn't help preparations. i expect a battle next sunday for sure

Last Man

A wedding in the Carrickdale on Saturday left St.Pauls behind the 8 ball in Waterfoot on Sunday. Heard they were trying to get the game put off. They can be atrocious but potentially decent enough when the mood takes them.

aontroim

Surprised at that result in your game against Clooney MR - what kind of game was it?

milltown row

surprised, why?

Clooney Gaels are a very good team. they work really hard and the game was tight. we pulled away in the second half, got a couple of goals but they will take points of other teams for sure.

seems the Sambo gad the boys down in Tullymore forrest chopping down trees and carrying logs up rivers. the county boys came back very sore and underperformed. while great craic for the team and i'm sure it is a great idea. just unsure of the timing with All County games the next day.

NAG

MR
I am pretty sure that was the intention to leave the boys tired enough that most didnt even want to play the next day and if they did their performance would be below par. Again I am questioning the fixing of the Limerick game on the saturday night?

milltown row

this saturday night? again before all county games on a sunday!!!!!!

i believe the Dall boys were also wrecked because of the session. 

NAG

Yeah this saturday night before the games on sunday.

McCarthy must be looking another team building weekend in the glens, so I would avoid Ballycastle or Cushendall on Friday and Saturday nights  ;)

milltown row

also just heard Nag that they are playing Clare in Dublin one saturday and a weekend away is also being arranged. hope its during the football weekends. though are lads are dual players so the management wont be fussed on that either.

game against Limerick is in Ballycastle sat night

Minder

Quote from: hatchetfield on April 27, 2009, 03:16:21 PM
Wasn't I a silly little boy didn't even know this existed here - good tip off Skull!!  Anyway, my post was...

Division 1 already taking its familiar shape by the looks of things with Ballycran more than holding their own after going up last year.  Who will be the strugglers?  St John's haven't made the greatest of starts, neither have Ballygalget and Ballycastle; teams like that will know that its vital to get wins at this time of the year to make sure you stay up.  My money would be on either Ballycastle or St John's to take the plunge.  Am i wrong?

Division 2 has started too (my league) and surprisingly after a great Ulster hurling campaign, Rossa have been beaten twice which could cost them dearly at the end of the year.  I thought they would have flown at this league this year but it doesn't seem to be the case.  Glenarrif looking really strong and probably favourites for the league.  It'll be a good league this year all the same with Glenarm and St Pauls looking to be the boys who will be on the receiving end of some serious tankings (maybe not St Pauls as much as Glenarm).  St Galls i reckon will be the other team to watch and will have their sights set on a big hurlign year for their club with hopefully an IHC and All Ireland run to go for.  We (Gorts) have been hurling well enough in the UHL and have only played one match v Glenarm but our south Antrim team would have beaten them badly!!  FOr Division 2 though, i'd say its between St Galls and Glenarrif

I have heard some of the St Galls players are not happy behind the scenes, they feel training has been poor and are unsure if their manager has the experience to mount a decent challenge to win Division 2.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"