Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesH

I think things are not well in the Town. after the match the manager wee Olcan  quit at the lack of effort from the boys , Training etc, Poor numbers , no commitment , to be honest a lack of quality hurlers.

Craigyhill Terror

Quote from: milltown row on April 14, 2009, 10:21:46 AM
lads i'm looking the road Shane O'Neills pict is on up in Feystown.

cheers in advance.

I know this sounds like a smart arse response - but it's not - it's on the Feystown Road

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Craigyhill Terror on April 14, 2009, 01:11:32 PM

cheers in advance.

I know this sounds like a smart arse response - but it's not - it's on the Feystown Road
I'm sure Feystown is signposted from the coast road on the Larne side of Glenarm.

milltown row

cheers craigyhill terror. i can turn off at Millbrook Cairncastle cant i? that will take me also

Craigyhill Terror

Quote from: milltown row on April 14, 2009, 02:30:38 PM
cheers craigyhill terror. i can turn off at Millbrook Cairncastle cant i? that will take me also

Yep, Millbrook is the handiest if you're coming from Belfast. Just follow the signs for Cairncastle and, when you get there, there's a sign for Feystown that takes you on a road to the left from the middle of the village. It's basically a straight run from there

youngfella

Quote from: JamesH on April 14, 2009, 12:32:15 PM

I think things are not well in the Town. after the match the manager wee Olcan  quit at the lack of effort from the boys , Training etc, Poor numbers , no commitment , to be honest a lack of quality hurlers.

Did he leave? That must be shortest term of management in history. The town had a fair bit of trouble getting a manager this year. From what I heard nander campbell went for the position with a sound plan and he would brought joe cassidy and oran kearney (cpc managers) with him, But he asked for some financial support from to club to get his plan of the ground but was told were to go.
I disagree with you saying there is a lack of quality hurlers, The town dont play well as a team (management issue) and some lads are a bit to nice couldnt or dont know how to play a dirty stroke, which is needed sometimes.
Pull hard and early

Minder

Youngfella why would Nander Campbell need "financial support"? By this do you mean he wanted paid to take them? If so they did right to hunt him.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

The Dark Knight

AHHHHHH MR, The mighty Owen Elliott(Probably Antrims best referee) tomorrow night, Uhhhhh i wonder did you have a go at him in the past? Better watch your P,s & Q,s with that lad....... Would,nt want your (career) to start with a BANG! now would we....

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Minder on April 14, 2009, 06:22:00 PM
Youngfella why would Nander Campbell need "financial support"? By this do you mean he wanted paid to take them? If so they did right to hunt him.
I'd say if he wanted to bring in his mates from the school then he'd have wanted "financial support" alright. There is a bit of a difference telling schoolboys what to do and telling grown men what to do.

SASLinger

cheers in advance.

Imagine, the guy who knows everything about everything not knowing his way to Feystown!  Hi MR, r u from the top of the row or the bottom, Rossa or St. Galls? 
Same Aul Shoite - just from a different bucket mouth!

SASLinger

Quote from: The Dark Knight on April 14, 2009, 07:19:10 PM
AHHHHHH MR, The mighty Owen Elliott(Probably Antrims best referee) tomorrow night, Uhhhhh i wonder did you have a go at him in the past? Better watch your P,s & Q,s with that lad....... Would,nt want your (career) to start with a BANG! now would we....

Owen Elliot (Probably the best referee in Antrim)  you must be joking, wise up would ya!  No way pal.  Ray Mathews and Liam McAuley in my humble opinion are the best two referees in Antrim.  I have watched both these guys and I can honestly say they are probably the best in Ulster.  Elliot, Devlin, Duffy and Magee are way off the mark.  A real pity Tommy Mc is getting on a bit and likely to bow out soon.  McAuley and Mathews have the same refereeing style as Tommy and generally let the game flow.  I have been very impressed with them both.

A bit of a worry though, that no new faces are breaking through.  The County need to be looking at new young referees.
Same Aul Shoite - just from a different bucket mouth!

girt_giggler

cheers in advance.

U get sorted ok with the directions up to our field the other lads have posted milltown?  if not gimme a shout, i'll be online on/off most of the day. 

Pitch was ok last night for our NA junior match, abit soft on it, so it should be a good oul mucky affair later now that the rain has been on all morning!

Welcome to Feystown!

The Dark Knight

Quote from: SASLinger on April 15, 2009, 12:11:45 AM
Quote from: The Dark Knight on April 14, 2009, 07:19:10 PM

Owen Elliot (Probably the best referee in Antrim)  you must be joking, wise up would ya!  No way pal.  Ray Mathews and Liam McAuley in my humble opinion are the best two referees in Antrim.  I have watched both these guys and I can honestly say they are probably the best in Ulster.  Elliot, Devlin, Duffy and Magee are way off the mark.  A real pity Tommy Mc is getting on a bit and likely to bow out soon.  McAuley and Mathews have the same refereeing style as Tommy and generally let the game flow.  I have been very impressed with them both.

A bit of a worry though, that no new faces are breaking through.  The County need to be looking at new young referees.

Would agree with you partly on that Linger, Herbie (Liam MC auley) great lad, sound as a pound. The other boy is full of his own importance, its all about Him! 2 faced back stabber, would sell his soul to get a leg up! Travesty if he gets further than Herbie, Elliott has had a lot of postings this year, good lad think your wrong on that one, Duffy? hard to know, got a lot of finals last year?.... Devlin and Magee yes, spent force... Love to see Herbie get a chance, its good to see genuine people get an opportunity, hope he gets the county final this year, would like to see how he gets on....

Last Man

Quote from: youngfella on April 14, 2009, 06:00:12 PM
Quote from: JamesH on April 14, 2009, 12:32:15 PM

Did he leave? That must be shortest term of management in history. The town had a fair bit of trouble getting a manager this year. From what I heard nander campbell went for the position with a sound plan and he would brought joe cassidy and oran kearney (cpc managers) with him, But he asked for some financial support from to club to get his plan of the ground but was told were to go.
I disagree with you saying there is a lack of quality hurlers, The town dont play well as a team (management issue) and some lads are a bit to nice couldnt or dont know how to play a dirty stroke, which is needed sometimes.

I think Ballycastle did right by knocking back the wages for Butch n' Sundance, not bad fellas on the face of it but fairly typical of their peers....selfish, money grabbing etc etc. How in hells name would B'castle need to pay for coaching??
There definitely is motivation and team play problems and the usual yelling and bawling from the line will never sort that out.
And as for "how to play a dirty stroke", what are you smoking??? ::)

maxpower

Ballycastle have certainly lost a bit of a 'physical edge' since they lost players like the Maybins, Terence Kinney etc but they have some decent hurlers, problem seems to be they keep losing their best players or they continue to play but don't seem to adopt an 'athletic lifestyle'

Ryan Donnelly and Septhen McGarry where both fine young players and had they hit the hieghts their talent suggested it could have made a big difference.  But the town still have a decent team and when on form can cause a shock or too

Dunloy beat Portaferry on Sunday, both teams played much better against a strong wind, Portaferrys workrate in the first half was savage and Dunloy were lucky to be leading by a point having played with a strong wind.  Paul Braniff was excellent at times in the first half and has added a real physical presence to his sublime skills.

Dunloy played much better in second half and got the breaks at important times
What happens next????