Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesH

He gets a regular 20 Min's, by which time he's F**ked. Any anyway when has being a regular been compulsory to be on our team, I will mention young Woody. nuff said.

NAG

JamesH

I think that says more about the management that the young boys themselves of course they are going to want to play at the top level if the can regardless of whether they are starters for their club.

maxpower

Quote from: JamesH on March 27, 2009, 01:52:42 PM
He gets a regular 20 Min's, by which time he's F**ked. Any anyway when has being a regular been compulsory to be on our team, I will mention young Woody. nuff said.

Paddy Doherty was in terrific form for Dunloy last year and started and finished virtually ever game until he injured his shoulder 2 weeks before the county semi final, those two matches being the only games i can recall where he only played a bit part.

the line about him being f**ked after 20mins is nonsense.

However I do think Antrim have a tendency to bring on young, potential hurlers with a view to building, problem is being involved with the county can at times have a negative effect on a playing career.  its a very specific character that can take the envitable dissapointments the county brings and return to club action fresh and hungry

I think we could all name young stars involved with the county in their early 20's but when they should  be reaching their peak instead of starring for the county they are struggling with their clubs.

And thats no go at S&W as it happens in every team
What happens next????

cooki2222

Quote from: JamesH on March 27, 2009, 01:02:01 PM

I Heard the Antrim team this morning for the Kerry match,

1. C O Connell
2. Sean Delargy
3. Hippy
4. C Mc Gourty
5. Graffin
6. N Mc Auley
7. Searlas
8. Brendan Herron
9. Eddie Mc Closkey
10. Karl Stewart
11. N Mc Manus
12. Paddy Doc
13. Pj O Connell
14. Pinky
15 .Shane Mc Naughton

Not a bad team i suppose, heard Shorty ,JC, and Ciaran Herron, were injured.

no CJ McGourty yet???

NAG

He is keeping his options open  :P

clootfromthe21

Team for Sunday per County Website

Chris o Connell     shamrocks

Kieran Mc Gourty  st galls

Cormac Donnelly   mc Quillans

Sean Delargy        ruairi og

Ciaran Herron        kevin lynch's

Arron Graffin         ruairi og

Karl Mc Keegan     ruairi og

Brendan Herron     lamh Dhearg

Eddie Mc Closkey shamrocks

Karl Stewart          st galls

Neil Mc Manus      ruairi og

Paddy Doherty     cuchullains

Shane Mc Naughton ruairi og

Kieran Kelly             mc quillans

PJ  O Connell          clooney gaels

milltown row

Graffin a bit light for centre half??

whats the new keeper like? it says shamrocks so is he Loughgiels new keeper? donnellys best position (doesn't have to run)

Minder

Quote from: milltown row on March 27, 2009, 06:12:56 PM
Graffin a bit light for centre half??

whats the new keeper like? it says shamrocks so is he Loughgiels new keeper? donnellys best position (doesn't have to run)

He is the sub keeper for Loughguile and Antrim !
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

JamesH

Milltown, you obviously didn't watch Graffins performance in the All Ireland Semi v La salle (even on TV). The man was immense throughout the 80 odd minutes. And lets face it not likely to be tested as much on sunday

milltown row

Was down in Parnell seen him up front that day, and have seen him many times, he's a class hurler, but a bit light.

can you imagine him up against Comeford 6"5 Shefflin 6"3 Haniffy 6"5 even the Dublin lads, all big lads.

yes he wont be taxed in centre half this week. but sure westmeath and Carlow (still can't get my head round that one) had other ideas.

this is just my opinion Jamesh

JamesH

I don't have anyone bar Mc Manus that could hope to cope with the physical size of those guys, but like our club, your always robing Peter to pay Paul, so we need him up front. Niel Mc Auley was centre half last week, but while he is strong and has great stickwork, when turned is very short of pace and has no recovery, Graffin is actually bigger that you would think at 5'11, but has great timing under a high ball that no other player has again bar Mc Manus, and is quickish.
I think Dublin will be to much for us, if they keep going well they will attract more dual stars, thus will be on a role. What players do we have to return? The keeper was at fault for a goal last week, and nothing against him will not be a first team keeper in his club while dd is around and he is only 28/29 young for a keeper. So i think S&W putting him under undue pressure. Dinny brought Sean D into the squad at 18 and built him up and for three years he never hit a ball its only this 4 years he's come back, could be a problem for lots of young players.

the colonel

Casement upgrade proposed by GAA 

Casement Park in west Belfast is Antrim's county GAA ground
Ulster GAA bosses are proposing that Casement Park should be upgraded to become the premier gaelic games venue in the province with a 40,000 capacity.

Following Sports Minister Gregory Campbell's decision to abandon the Maze project, he asked the three main sporting bodies to submit their ideas.

The GAA gave its proposals to the minister earlier this week.

The ball is now in the court of government as public money would be required to upgrade Casement.

Last month, the sports minister confirmed the widespread speculation that he had decided not to proceed with the Maze Stadium project.

Mr Campbell said the plan was not value for money and did not have political consensus.

The minister added that he intended to help the Irish Football Association, Ulster Rugby and the GAA to develop solutions to their stadia needs and the three sporting bodies were all asked to come up with proposals.

Ulster GAA bosses have moved quickly to submit their proposals although government's reaction remains to be seen.

Earlier this week, a business consortium, Eastonville Traders Ltd, proposed the building of a new stadium for football and rugby in the Sydenham area of east Belfast.

It said the arena would have a 20,000-capacity and would be built on a 90-acre site beside the Danny Blanchflower Stadium, but would not host GAA fixtures.

However, Ulster Rugby said it is not committed "in any way" to the proposed new stadium in east Belfast.

Ulster Rugby added that the lack of "any appropriate business case" meant it does not form part of its plans to develop stadia for the sport.

The IFA said it would welcome any proposals "provided the finances stack up".

from bbc
the difference between success and failure is energy

youngfella

Surpised to see mc auley missing for the number 6 spot. Hes normally steady enough and straong under a high ball. Is he injuryed or just dropped?
Was mc garry (keeper) sent off? I'd be tempted to have joey scullion in place of eddie, joey a got a bit more strengh to him and hes handy at sidelines.

agree with MR about full back being the play for hippy.
Pull hard and early

youngfella

ANTRIM 3-19 4-14 KERRY Res
Pull hard and early

Minder

Another pile of pish today
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"