Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

milltown row

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 20, 2009, 02:24:44 PM
Lamh Dhearg always used to have this old boy with glasses doing umpire,in football, and no matter how wide the ball was for Lamh Dhearg he would give a point.

I've seen him being sent off on numerous occassions.

It was embarassing - there'd be shots yards wide and he'd still give a point.

the worst has to be Gough from St Johns, he's their grounds man puts out the nets and flags  and has tea and biscuts ready at half time, but if he's doing umpire.........

top scorer bar McFaul every year

Tony Baloney

Many moons ago the brother of a well known glensman and bbc commentator (is that enough clues for you?) was easily the most blatantly biased umpire in the game. Stevie Wonder could see some of the decisions were wrong and on many occassion he was taken to task by goalkeepers, umpires and the whole full back line but he never flinched.

JamesH

I think the father of a Ballycastle All Star and now coach to the down seniors was the worst i can remember, looking at the ref from under the peak of his hat even embarrassed the home town supporters, which is some feat. Totally agree about Gough from St Johns, he is blatant, I remember Mc Clean over ruling him 3 times in one half of a match in Cushendall a few years ago.

Fairhead

Another wee boost to Antrim hurling today with CPC's win in the All Ireland Colleges B semi final against Hosptital from Limerick. 1.11 to 0.10 was the final score but in truth CPC were never in too much bother but they just couldnt kill the game off. You cant say that too often about Antrim teams in All Ireland semi finals!

Minder

Beat by Carlow, what a shower.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Two Hands FFS

Shocking result.Promotion gone. Not beating Westmeath or Carlow is a disgrace.

youngfella

No excuses!  just a shocking result! Lads need to get their house in order and quickly
Pull hard and early

the colonel

why was mcmanus not starting?
the difference between success and failure is energy

milltown row

i hope that they stayed in their rooms last night, and had warm milk and S&W tucked them in to bed and read a wee bedtime story.

did you see comerford's lob, cheeky bollix

slow corner back

Quote from: Fairhead on March 22, 2009, 12:46:38 AM
Another wee boost to Antrim hurling today with CPC's win in the All Ireland Colleges B semi final against Hosptital from Limerick. 1.11 to 0.10 was the final score but in truth CPC were never in too much bother but they just couldnt kill the game off. You cant say that too often about Antrim teams in All Ireland semi finals!
Well done to CPC shame about the other crowd

the colonel

Quote from: hardstation on March 22, 2009, 04:47:12 PM
Going to the Lurig instead of training and leaving an abusive voice mail to a Mr. McNaughton.

:)

is that your story of the day for both squads?
Quote from: slow corner back on March 22, 2009, 05:12:19 PM
Quote from: Fairhead on March 22, 2009, 12:46:38 AM
Well done to CPC shame about the other crowd

what did the other crowd do?
the difference between success and failure is energy

Minder

I take it he means the seniors colonel.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

slow corner back

I was refering to the crowd in Carlow

Owenbeg

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 17, 2009, 01:40:45 PM
QuoteTis indeed, they are playing Bredagh in the first round, there are a few Down clubs in there, the three Ards clubs, Bredagh and carryduff. I cant see a Donegal team playing in the South Antrim league?

It wouldn't be unheard of for a team to travel that far for the Antrim League, sure Strabane were in the league for a few seasons a couple of years ago travelling as far away as Glenarm for games.

Setanta are St Paul's/ Gort Na Mona and few other clubs who didnt have the number at underage. They are sponsored by the hurl makers in bfast. They were down playing our u16's today. Aint a great side.

Two Hands FFS

From BBC website

Carlow 3-12 1-15 Antrim

Antrim joint-manager Sambo McNaughton was unhappy with his team's lack of discipline on Sunday

Antrim joint-boss Sambo McNaughton said his team were the "architects of their own downfall" after they crashed to a shock Allianz NHL defeat in Carlow.

Saffrons goalkeeper Ryan McGarry was sent off for retaliation in the first half and Paddy Richmond received a straight red card in the second period.

With the Saffrons imploding, Carlow led 2-7 to 0-5 at the break.

A Neil McManus goal helped Antrim to get within a point of Carlow but Richmond's red card was a massive blow.

To make matters worse, the Saffrons also lost two players because of the experimental yellow card rule, including influential Cormac Donnelly.

"The new yellow card rule is very annoying but we got what we deserved today," McNaughton told BBC Sport.

"The two boys got sent off for retaliation and they know that you just can't do that sort of thing and get away with it.

"We played nearly all of the match with 14 players and a large part of the game with 13.

"You just cannot afford to do that."

McNaughton acknowledged that the defeat "probably" leaves Antrim needing to win their final three Division 2 games - including the game against table-toppers Offaly in Tullamore on 19 April - to keep alive their promotion hopes.

"That's providing we can beat Kerry and Laois in the next two games which is by no means guaranteed, given the way we are playing at the moment."

The Saffrons started off their campaign with wins over Down and Wexford but the wheels have come off in the last two games as a home draw against lowly Westmeath was followed by Sunday's shock reverse.

Antrim will be back in action against Kerry at Casement Park next Sunday.