Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

QuoteTis indeed, they are playing Bredagh in the first round, there are a few Down clubs in there, the three Ards clubs, Bredagh and carryduff. I cant see a Donegal team playing in the South Antrim league?

It wouldn't be unheard of for a team to travel that far for the Antrim League, sure Strabane were in the league for a few seasons a couple of years ago travelling as far away as Glenarm for games.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

the colonel

gilly mcilhatton shortlisted for one of the presidents award for 2009. fair play to him
the difference between success and failure is energy

Last Man

I second that. theres not many who would do the work Gilly has done.

Lecale2

Quote from: Last Man on March 18, 2009, 08:44:21 AM

The man's a legend all over Ulster.

JamesH

Fair play to ya Gilly.
I hear the North antrim twinning plan with Munster Council is about to start. The vibes I'm getting is it will be a great benefit to the clubs involved. Don't quote me but the story is that 6 trained( by Paudie Butler) coaches will deliver a series of visits, with the end product to be a tailored coaching plan written up between the tutor and the club officers, coaches, to bring the club forward for the next 3 years.  The work will be shared so neither party will be left doing the work. The template has been already devised by the Munster Council. My own club are very keen,F*** knows we need the help. I think there are 18 clubs signed up to the project,
I could be the way forward for all the clubs in the county.

leroy brown

With the hammering DLS got in final, I almost wished cushendall had won semi.
Would cushendall have done better?  NO.  ;D

Last Man

What about your club LB, how do you think they would have faired. Better still how many ulster medals have you sitting on your ma's sideboard? ::)

slow corner back

Quote from: Lecale2 on March 18, 2009, 09:33:50 AM

My father tells a story of a match from there early seventies Armoy v Mitchels up in the city somewhere. My Da was one umpire and Gilly was the other. Early in the match Mitchells had a 70 that was tailing off wide. Gilly promptly shouldered the post which lent out about two feet at the top bringing the ball on target, sort of  :D My Da had to lean against the other post for the remainder of the match.
A real hurling man for a hell of a long time good luck to him hope he gets the award

Guillem2

Gilly kept Mitchel's on the road almost single handed for years.
Hard to believe that they were senior 15 years ago and now they can't field. He was secretary for years, refereed and played corner forward when he was at least 70 to make sure they had the 15. Well deserved in my opinion.
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

Minder

Quote from: slow corner back on March 19, 2009, 08:38:45 PM

My father tells a story of a match from there early seventies Armoy v Mitchels up in the city somewhere. My Da was one umpire and Gilly was the other. Early in the match Mitchells had a 70 that was tailing off wide. Gilly promptly shouldered the post which lent out about two feet at the top bringing the ball on target, sort of  :D My Da had to lean against the other post for the remainder of the match. A real hurling man for a hell of a long time good luck to him hope he gets the award

An umpire in Belfast cheating against a North Antrim team ? Surely a first.......  ;)
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

milltown row

Quote from: the colonel on March 19, 2009, 05:45:53 PM
i knew this place was too quiet for too long

whats the craic with the post on the NA site about county team going to the dogs/races?

i heard they had a great nights craic. betting all night, food served and a few pints. wont do them any harm.  i'm sure they must repay the faith S&W have put in them and get the right result against Dublin.

Ulster hurling this Sat at  ;D

rugby will have to be put on the back burner. crap sport anyway

mrsandman

Quote from: leroy brown on March 19, 2009, 05:30:42 PM
With the hammering DLS got in final, I almost wished cushendall had won semi.
Would cushendall have done better?  NO.  ;D

I disagree, i think they would have put up a better fight, DLS had given up after the first goal.
Constipated People Don't Give A crap.

theskull1

Quote from: Minder on March 20, 2009, 09:55:53 AM

My father tells a story of a match from there early seventies Armoy v Mitchels up in the city somewhere. My Da was one umpire and Gilly was the other. Early in the match Mitchells had a 70 that was tailing off wide. Gilly promptly shouldered the post which lent out about two feet at the top bringing the ball on target, sort of  :D My Da had to lean against the other post for the remainder of the match. A real hurling man for a hell of a long time good luck to him hope he gets the award

An umpire in Belfast cheating against a North Antrim team ? Surely a first.......  ;)

A North Antrim umpire cheating against another North Antrim team has of course never happened either  ;)
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Minder

Quote from: theskull1 on March 20, 2009, 01:30:16 PM
Quote from: Minder on March 20, 2009, 09:55:53 AM

A North Antrim umpire cheating against another North Antrim team has of course never happened either  ;)

Well it has but i always found the chip eaters to be far more blatant............Against Gort Na Mona in the Falls Park always springs to mind.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

imtommygunn

Lamh Dhearg always used to have this old boy with glasses doing umpire,in football, and no matter how wide the ball was for Lamh Dhearg he would give a point.

I've seen him being sent off on numerous occassions.

It was embarassing - there'd be shots yards wide and he'd still give a point.