Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Two Hands FFS

Must be injured.Same for Paddy Richmond. He's not even in the 24 either & maybe not including McManus due to 3 matches in a wekeend may be too much for his back....just guessing?? Colm Duffin gets a start  ???!! Think there will be changes though depending on how players have came through the Poly matches.

Minder

No harm to Duffin but i have never seen him playing at a level that would have me think he is anywhere near inter county standard, he would struggle to get on quite a few Div 1 teams in my view. He must impress at training.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

theskull1

Well I'll wait and see what happens re the other boys playing for the poly, but I am slightly preturbed by shorty being named (and in midfield at that). If he has played 2 matches in that position over the weekend before sunday then ...........
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Minder

Just how "preturbed" are you Skull?

Two Hands FFS

Same with Neal McAuley, has only returned from a long period of injury & 3 matches in a weekend could be tough for him as well. Antrim may struggle tomorrow unless Westmeath are really poor.

milltown row

well give Duffin a go lads he's been on the panel for two yeras or so. not you stylish hurler but S&W must see something in the lad

as for the lads being tired from those games, when i was young.........

Minder

Well the fact that Down beat them by 8pts i dont think we have too much too worry about, especially at home. The Casement roar is worth about 5 pts in itself.

milltown row

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on March 07, 2009, 11:49:48 AM
Same with Neal McAuley, has only returned from a long period of injury & 3 matches in a weekend could be tough for him as well. Antrim may struggle tomorrow unless Westmeath are really poor.

Cushendall beat them a few weeks ago and Down hammered them last week. Westmeath got a couple of late goals to make it look a better match

milltown row

Quote from: Minder on March 07, 2009, 11:53:10 AM
Well the fact that Down beat them by 8pts i dont think we have too much too worry about, especially at home. The Casement roar is worth about 5 pts in itself.

more like a miaow minder. the loudest thing i hear is usually before half time "ya going in for a pint?"

JamesH

I have to say if we don't beat Westmeath even with Duffin we should be shot esp as down beat them and we know how good they are.Glad Duffin is starting as i;m fed up watching him warm up beside S&W. As for Cushendall beating them don't take any notice of that as Cushendall are a better team than Antrim. Shocked to see Campbell and Nielly on after last weeks performance.

Minder

In fairness James H thats nonsense that Cushendall are better than Antrim. There is no comparison between club and inter county hurling.

milltown row

Quote from: JamesH on March 07, 2009, 12:10:00 PM
I have to say if we don't beat Westmeath even with Duffin we should be shot esp as down beat them and we know how good they are.Glad Duffin is starting as i;m fed up watching him warm up beside S&W. As for Cushendall beating them don't take any notice of that as Cushendall are a better team than Antrim. Shocked to see Campbell and Nielly on after last weeks performance.

i hope your being funny ;)  for all the effort the Dall put in they were still beat by a team that won their first and only county title

the colonel

Quote from: milltown row on March 07, 2009, 12:16:45 PM
Quote from: JamesH on March 07, 2009, 12:10:00 PM

i hope your being funny ;)  for all the effort the Dall put in they were still beat by a team that won their first and only county title

that is completely irrelevant milltown. go tell the cork and limerick champions about getting beat by a team who won their first and only county title. what they won previously has nothing to do with anything. stupid statement
the difference between success and failure is energy

milltown row

colonel your team mate came off with a "stupid statement" but ya managed to to miss his

i was down supporting your team and have given my views on it. the current Antrim team would stuff the De La Salle team

Minder

Colonel it is a lot less "stupid" statement than saying Cushendall were better than Antrim, what is your opinion on that statement?