Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

milltown row

me thinks your really from the Dall Leroy ;)

next game is this Sunday at Casement against Westmeath (rearranged game)

Dutch

Quote from: leroy brown on March 02, 2009, 07:56:16 PM
Good win yesterday again wexford  :)

Is next game  Carlow away, on 22nd march? One game at a time.  Let us not think of Offaly until 19th april.

The 2 Cushendall lads did well, Mcmanus and delargey.  Everyone knows my dislike of cushendall, but good that they playedyesterday after last weeks disappointment. 8)

now now leroy...

clootfromthe21

Quote from: the colonel on March 03, 2009, 05:01:17 PM
with another game this weekend, if more cushendall players became available would they be selected? maybe a move for SD to corner back and young woody dropped?

Think that has to happen. McGourty will be under pressure from Graffin as well, you'd think.

Mind you, are UUJ in the Ryan Cup Finals this weekend (think semis on Friday and final on Saturday)? There is a sizeable Antrim contingent there - will they make themselves available on Sunday??

It would be very Antrim-esque to blow it against Westmeath, having done so well against Wexford!!!!!!!!!!!

Glensman

Would be
(1) a tough weekend for McManus and Graffin if UUJ won through to the Ryan Cup final and they were asked to play all; and
(2) tough enough on the players that got UUJ to there if those boys were to come back in.
Will be interesting to see what happens.
I believe that Greg O'Kane is really impressing as a trainer out there.

Milltown - asked a query there on the All Ireland Club website.
"At a free/sideline - can a player not stand with his arms and therefore stick in the air without moving? Is it the moving bit that is a free?"
Just thought I'd bring the query to you rather than have you go looking for it!

leroy brown

Quote from: clootfromthe21 on March 03, 2009, 05:06:14 PM

Quote from: the colonel on March 03, 2009, 05:01:17 PM
with another game this weekend, if more cushendall players became available would they be selected? maybe a move for SD to corner back and young woody dropped?

Think that has to happen. McGourty will be under pressure from Graffin as well, you'd think.
It would be very Antrim-esque to blow it against Westmeath, having done so well against Wexford!!!!!!!!!!!

Other than Graffin, McManus and delargey I do not think the rest of the cushendall players will add much.  Like I have said before-"most are past it or have not got the balls"
I rate young McGourty.
It would be typical of Antrim to lose against westmeath

:D And HI yes Milltown Row, and I am  a culchie from Cushendall HI.  Now I better go and look the cows HI. ;D

TheDoc

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand

clootfromthe21

Quote from: Glensman on March 03, 2009, 05:54:53 PM
Would be
(1) a tough weekend for McManus and Graffin if UUJ won through to the Ryan Cup final and they were asked to play all; and

Not just McManus and Graffin, Glensman - Shields, Neal McAuley and Conor McKinley!

(2) tough enough on the players that got UUJ to there if those boys were to come back in.

"At a free/sideline - can a player not stand with his arms and therefore stick in the air without moving? Is it the moving bit that is a free?"

TheDoc

Quote from: clootfromthe21 on March 03, 2009, 06:22:12 PM
Would be

Not just McManus and Graffin, Glensman - Shields, Neal McAuley and Conor McKinley!

Aswell as Chris O Connell  and possibly Paddy Magill.
Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand

milltown row

Would be

it's the moving of the stick in front of a player about to hit a free/sideline cut that is the foul. same as a player in football,  jumping as a player is about to take a free

theskull1

Quote from: TheDoc on March 03, 2009, 06:16:53 PM
Quote from: leroy brown on March 03, 2009, 05:58:22 PM

I rate young McGourty.

Hes the oldest of the three.

Being the oldest doesn't necessarily make one the wisest. In this case however it does  ;D
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Minder

Quote from: theskull1 on March 03, 2009, 10:44:19 PM
Quote from: TheDoc on March 03, 2009, 06:16:53 PM
Quote from: leroy brown on March 03, 2009, 05:58:22 PM

I rate young McGourty.

Hes the oldest of the three.

Being the oldest doesn't necessarily make one the wisest. In this case however it does  ;D
I think you have just damned him with faint praise Skull. . . .
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

theskull1

Not at all Minder. Just wanted to have a wee laugh at the other two's expense. The boundaries on his sagaciousness could very well be endless (yes I used a thesaurus) ...
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

NAG

Did we all including cushendall not realise that playing SD up front is not an option, why would we be trying to convert one of the better defenders of the past two seasons into a forward at this stage anyway, after 3 years and the most committed and best squad we have ever had, why have we not got better options going forward?

JamesH

Leroy, you are some craic, what club are you frey?  Are you saying Karl MC Keegan has no balls and wouldn't add much? He is the most consistant county hurler over the last 8 years and if you were a true supporter you would know that.

groundlie

Karl McKeegan is a fantastic hurler, Antrim are lucky to have a player of his quality. 2002 vs Tipp he gave an outstanding display of centre half back play. Will walk into the current side. Lets not get carried away it was one decent win. If they can beat offaly well then that's some achievement.